Gregory Horror Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMV Manchester has a load of copies in.

Finished it last night......they have to make a sequel.

Comment

Great little game, very witty. I just enjoy wondering around and peeping in on the guests. The characters remind me a lot of the ones in Cubivore.

Just for those that are intrested there is a board game available, not much of a game but you can collect little figures of the characters which are great if you enjoy collecting game related material.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Spew
        The anime is on Sci-fi I think, or some other channel at a really obscure time, so I've gotta catch that.
        THE CARTOON IS ON OVER HERE !? ! !?! ?!

My god, I've gotta catch that!

Been playing a few hours now, after having it sitting in a pile since Christmas. It's absolutley wonderful. Bit deranged, totally off it's head, and, as someone else has said, the puzzle are just obscure enough to keep it all entertaining.

I just keep forgetting to save, which can be a bit of a problem...

Wandering upstairs for the first time without being able to rely on the map was on the scary side (I'm slightly ashamed to admit...)

Comment

Hmmm this isn't really clicking with me atm. I've just moved upstairs and got scary dolls soul, but I'm finding it quite a chore to play. Does it change dramatically from here on in or is it pretty much the same?

Comment

I have just got the first 6 souls, and it is absolutely great.

Originally posted by spoiler
            I can just imagine how hectic it is going to get when almost everyone in the house is chasing after you!

However the roullette wheel thing was annoyning boring, and then once I got the soul I ran into him (not expecting him to want his soul back since he gave it to me) and he took it back so I am going to have to do the bloody thing again!
            Its the style that makes the game though - it is fantastic. The music is great too and lots of humour. Do you like the Power Rangers clone on TV (complete with models in the storeroom!)

And the dirty mag incident, that was great... havent seen that before in a game. I just wish he reacted when you go into the storeroom and catch him with it!

Comment

Finally got round to playing this for the first time yesterday, and I managed to complete it in my first sitting, which is pretty good for me (and obviously it helps that the game is short).

Really enjoyed this, well worth the 17 quid I paid for it; lets hope Capcom sold enough units for a sequal; does anybody know how well it sold?

Only thing I didn't like was the roullette game, that seemed a little fixed to me, prehaps its me just being crap.

Comment

Originally posted by tankplanker
                Finally got round to playing this for the first time yesterday, and I managed to complete it in my first sitting, which is pretty good for me (and obviously it helps that the game is short).
                Can I ask how long it took? I've only spent an hour on this so far.

Comment

About 4hrs. I did rush it a little, might replay it to see all of the "horror shows" as I didn't get caught once on my first play though.

Comment

Didnt get caught once?

I have been caught by every single character I could be caught by so far...

Comment

the map made it too easy, but I couldn't not use the map as I have a terrible sense of direction.

Comment

At one point in the game I came out of a door and the mexican suddenly started chasing me - he had come out of another door into the same room at that precise point. Since he is insanely fast and had caught me before I came prepared this time with a banana skin. So I dropped it, he slipped on it just as I ran around the corner right into Catherine
                        You must of spent a long time studying the map . I am only just half way through and I am having lots of trouble avoiding people!

Have to emphasise again though that this really is a great little game. Cant say I have played anything which is like it before either.

Comment

You've probably already realised this, but it took me a few hours to experiment and find this out... You're safe in your room, all characters will leave you alone there. Also, you can run into empty rooms and hide in the closet when being chased, and you'll be safe there too (just don't make any noise).
                          Once you've got that (and one, tough, later puzzle) sussed, it's pretty easy to finish... A fun little game though.

Comment

Ah - I didnt know about the hiding in cupboard tips thanks!

I would usually just peg it for my room, or in other cases, not even realise I was being chased by said character, and they would come through the door and straight into me.

For example, why does Roullette Boy chase you, whereas Judgement Boy doesnt?

Comment

um, i bought this on recommendation... and i don't even own a ps2.

oh well, next payday i will 8)

Comment

4 hours long? + smegs crapness adjustment, still = about the right length for a game for me bah, need...more...money...

Comment

Working...
                                X