No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How exactly does co-op work? I wanna play with my friend but he needs to ring a bell to join me but it's only avaliable after ten insight? and insight is spent when using the bells?

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
      How exactly does co-op work? I wanna play with my friend but he needs to ring a bell to join me but it's only avaliable after ten insight? and insight is spent when using the bells?
      Read this mate. It'll explain all!

Comment

Thanks

Much more clear now. Shame it's not so straight forward.

Comment

If you find the game too hard, or just want to rush to NG, try to lower your Insight level. If your Insight is under 15, enemies will have normal HP, basic attack combos and special enemies will not spawn on the map. Obviously drops and echos will be basic as well.

Comment

Insight ONLY affects Grave Keepers in Cathedral Ward, spawns a new type in Hemwick that you'll already see in the boss fight and puts eyes on pigs. It also makes fallen hunters aggro faster. That's ALL it does outside of some cosmetics. It doesn't make the game more difficult.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              Insight ONLY affects Grave Keepers in Cathedral Ward, spawns a new type in Hemwick that you'll already see in the boss fight and puts eyes on pigs. It also makes fallen hunters aggro faster. That's ALL it does outside of some cosmetics. It doesn't make the game more difficult.
              Okay got it.

Comment

Another long session...done and dusted!
                All optional bosses inc. Other than the second choir area boss the last part of the game was quite easy! But then I was level 97 by the end

Started ng+ and wiped out the cleric boss first try. Now off to the chalice dungeons.

Also ordered Dark Souls 2 as I have a taste for pain and suffering now.

Comment

About to take on third boss? Old yarnham. Any tips before I go in? Is it possible to leg it there cos it takes me a good 15 minutes otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    About to take on third boss? Old yarnham. Any tips before I go in? Is it possible to leg it there cos it takes me a good 15 minutes otherwise.
                    What level are you brad? I am very near this too.

Comment

Turns out I was a bit further away than I thought. Found 2 new shortcuts and can get there in about 1 minute now. Had it down to 1/4 health but then the camera went mental and I died. Level 29

Comment

Exploit the pillars. Take antidotes. Keep your HP at 100% during his final 30%. It's a typical matador-style affair.

If you veer right when entering the zone you can drop down the rooftops and through a tower to come out at street level. Sneak up the back alley where there is one turned villager and you should be able to get there without killing anything else. Two minutes.

Comment

Getting more of a hang on this game. Defeated the Celric Beast and got myself to level 23. Even though I'm completely **** it hasn't made me give up.

Can't wait to get further in.

Comment

Charge it, slighty toward your left/its right. This will usually trigger a very easily dodgeable/ripostable right hand hand swing that will leave it open for few attacks. Long-range weapons work great. For the last part, Gascoigne's armour will grant some poison protection, but don't count on it too much; either get very good at visceral attacks or bring oil urns and molotovs. Just getting close to it will get you poisoned.

Comment

Turns out I was a bit further away than I thought. Found 2 new shortcuts and can get there in about 1 minute now. Had it down to 1/4 health but then the camera went mental and I died. Level 29
                              I'm at the same stage Brad. Tried taking him on a few times and got absolutely owned both times, so have spent my last 3 or 4 play sessions levelling up, buying the key to the upper gate for 10,000 and just rinsing the enemies up there. I want to go back and make it alot easier on myself when I take him on next!

Comment

I'm OK until he spazzes out then I don't really know how to get hits in as he poisons me immediately, he's relentless. I even enlisted help a few times but the helpers were worse than me!

Comment

Working...
                                X