No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iirc, one of the npc behind a door/window gives you a music box, that you can use in the fight against father g, if you agree to look for her mom. It basically slows him down, I think. It is kind of useful if you haven't got the timing right on how to stun him with the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornflakes View Post
      Iirc, one of the npc behind a door/window gives you a music box, that you can use in the fight against father g, if you agree to look for her mom. It basically slows him down, I think.

It stuns him for a while but forces him to become a werewolf right away

; kinda of a double-edged sword.

Comment

Use it after he turns for a few cheap hits.

Comment

For those struggling with the first few hours (CB/FG etc), try to stick with it and not rage quit. Its pretty tough, but once you get more practice, level up abit and get to the Catherdal, things become much easier and enjoyable. The game really opens up and the atomosphere is second to none.

Comment

Nearly at the end now. Got one side area left to do an one NPC quest to try and do but I think I messed that up long ago. Going to polish what I can then hit the point of no return.

Really brilliant game but it lacks the size and variety of Dark Souls. Some fantastic moments though.

Finally taking down Ebrietas after multiple failed attempts was amazing. I was having trouble with Matyr Logarius so summoned some coop help. A Japanese player who's character was dressed in a dress came in and worked him over without taking a hit while I was clinging to dear life.

Comment

There is no point of no return. If you can't beat the last boss, you can still go and level up until you can. It's good like that.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Oh right, that's cool to know.Makes sense actually now that I think about it. I got the katana you recommended from Cainhurst for my next playthrough.

Comment

It's a good weapon. It has a lot of reach. Plus you can take the alternate story branch the next time around
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've finally managed to complete Eileen the Crow's side quest. It didn't bug out this time. I just need to get into the Upper Cathedral Ward area, and I'll be on for 100% completion of NG+++. At least I think so anyway. I'm currently farming so I can acquire every armor and weapon in the game. The enemies outside of Cainhurst is great for that, you take almost 11,000 souls per kill.
                    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 04-04-2015, 12:19.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Upper Cathedral Ward is awesome. I got through only losing four Insight. It looks to be even more profitable than Cainhurst too.

Wow, the first boss is super easy. I fear there is another who will be super difficult. Lol
                      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 04-04-2015, 13:58.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Just killed Father Gascoigne. Well, not just, as after that I spent some time in the new area and in Yarhnam to

bask in the twilight.

Is that effect of killing the boss (plus the Cleric Beast) or how much Insight one has?
                        Directed

the old lady to the Cathedral, only to get more spite from her;

to the kill-before-NG+ list you go, lady. Also gave

back the red brooch to the kid in central town. Maybe shouldn't have, chances are that she'll grow into an incredibly power enemy.

Oh well.

Comment

You're all good to send everyone to Cathedral Ward. There's a saboteur, but you won't encounter them until much later. If you don't want your first game to be overly-difficult, refrain from using Madman's Knowledge. 11-14 is good. You can buy stuff that way, and summon.
                          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 04-04-2015, 16:35.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Any tips for killing that annoying guy with the machine gun on the tower?

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                              Any tips for killing that annoying guy with the machine gun on the tower?
                              lol, he died falling from the tower, when i slid down the ladder.
                              You can either comeback later from the other path or roll your way to safe spots, until you reach him.

Just finished my first run.
                              [HIDE]the most difficult bosses I find were the ones in a misty enviroment or have mob spawns. The issues is the framerate drops massively, making it hard to not getting hit. That spider boss was really annoying, it is in a pool of water and has mobs spawing, which meant the framerate get really bad.[/HIDE]

btw a SSD doesn't really help much concerning loading times :/
                              Last edited by Cornflakes; 04-04-2015, 19:23.

Comment

Wow, that Ebritas is a bit of a sod.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X