No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I presume to be the second-half of the game I've been mixing my armour pieces to grant different resist values. I've hardly spent any points on buffing my health so I can't **** about.

Comment

Gascoign and Yarnham Hunter combo for me. Rocking a saw and pistol. I use the hunter torch for beasts, they hate the fire and will often cower away. You don't get to visceral them but the flame takes a fair bit of damage off and you use no bullets, although I mostly get bullets for free now using the up on the dpad just before hacking away strategy to get 5 free bullets.

Comment

I've got a Cainhurst and Crow armour combo. Frenzy is a bitch at 99 Insight.

B-s B is very predictable. When he starts going mad, you want to be going for a few sneaky hits when he jumps over you. He'll spend a lot of time with his face in a wall, so get some damage in then.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Cheers, that was my last thought before I called it a night last night. He does spend a lot of time just going bananas whilst I'm nowhere near him. So get in there and hack away and just be prepared with the antidotes for the inevitable poisoning?

Comment

That would work. TBH, I evaded poisoning by waiting on him to make mistakes.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

But is he not emiting poison constantly once he goes mental?

Comment

There's enough distance for you to get a few hits and back away. You may get a slither of poison, but it won't affect you adversely.

For me the optimum position is at his left heel. He swipes from left to right, so you have time to hit him before he turns round, which is primarily a left turn too.

Molatov's will destroy him too, even more so if you have oil to go with them.
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 08-04-2015, 17:17.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I might try my hand at co-op. I haven't had much luck so far as my level is too high.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Did him straight away just by taking my time and keeping calm lol. Gatling guy was easy. I just ran at him and fired 5 shots to his face and blew him off the top of the tower haha!

Comment

Good going Brad.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm in Valley of defilement now. Died from dropping too far twice already lol. Overall I don't like this quite as much as Demon's Souls but I welcome the changes. I would love an actual Demon's Souls 2 though. Long may Miyazaki continue to make games. The masses can have their assassin's creeds as long as I get something like this every couple of years.

Comment

Valley of Defilement? I must have missed that.

Can we start using abbreviations? I've already had tons of stuff spoiled.

Comment

It's an area that reminded me of valley of defilement from Dark Souls. No idea what it's really called. It's hardly a spoiler though!

Comment

which stats are you guys focusing on when leveling up?

havent put much into arcane/skill/bloodtinge

Comment

You can ignore arcane and bloodtinge really...I've put all mine into the top 4.
                                I assume that you need more into strength for heavier weapons or into skill for fast ones.

Anyone doing the chalice dungeons?
                                They are a bit dull til Pthumeru depth 3 but after that they are great fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X