No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not seeing much difference, tbh, although they did say improvement might be as little as 5 seconds, so...

Comment

Yeah the difference in loading feels negligible....

It's not too bad with an SSD though...

Comment

Today's circa 200MB Bloodborne update (bringing it to version 1.03) improves loading times hugely over the unpatched re…

Load time differences...

Comment

Actually the times are more improved than I thought initially, especially going back to the hunter's dream.

Splatted a few bosses in quick succession,

Paarl and One Reborn yesterday, Rom the evening before thanks to Mr. Bubbles' excellent tactical advice of picking off all soldier spiders in each wave before even venturing near Rom, which required time and patience - especially while evading his arcane attacks as well - but made it really quite easy to solo. Got Cainhurst, Upper Cathedral, Lecture Theatre 2nd floor and Nightmare open to venture into next.

Haven't been this engrossed in a game for years, it seems.

Been dropping wise and well-worded notebook hints all over the place throughout my playtime, but my top-rated one with 30 and counting is a totally childish "Oh, fatty!" Can anyone beat thirty?

Comment

I had 31 with a note "Run like fook"

Comment

Just played with monocular on for pseudo '1st person mode' (more like very close over-shoulder) for half an hour. You can't run, dodge or lock on but everything else works. It's a laugh, very atmospheric, worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                Just played with monocular on for pseudo '1st person mode' (more like very close over-shoulder) for half an hour. You can't run, dodge or lock on but everything else works. It's a laugh, very atmospheric, worth a try.
                I've the monocular on the possessions menu, not the quick item shortcut (not that it probably matters), and you can sidestep with circle. Haven't tried to run yet.

Anyway, made my way through the Chime Maiden madness that's Yahar'gul and defeated the

One Reborn, a mix of the Tower Knight, Gaping Dragon and The Rotten from the souls games...after killing the Maidens, I've got close and personal, quickly depleting staming but hitting it as soon as I have enough; it then produces an harmful sludge, but I keep hitting it, regaining health (stamina still down), I kill the thing, quickly backstep out of the sludge (I hope), last HP or so, boss animation still going

, no "Prey Slaughtered" text appearing, "one note was rated fine" appears, back to full health, I survive the fight!
                Waaaay too close.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  I hear there's now item descriptions on the load screens too?

Was planning to finally get stuck into this soon, might be the cue I needed to jump in with both feet.
                  I found the near-blank loading screens to be a welcome breather period, and a time to reflect on the previous death with the chance to mentally re-trace back to any lost echoes. Adding item descriptions is an unnecessary distraction in my opinion.

Comment

lol just lol your one in a million dave

Comment

I picked up a PS4 for this game and have started to get into this now. I loved, but was unable to complete, Dark Souls. Never played Demon's, or DS2 but decided that I needed BloodBorne (and to be honest, I wanted a PS4 anyway!).

At first I thought it was pretty awful. These games do such a bad job getting you into them. I'm not really talking about hand holding but first impressions were really not good. This lasted all the way to killing the first boss (CB), which was a mess of a fight thanks to the terrible camera.

Once he was down...everything started to click and now I'm in love. No idea how far into the game I am but it's already one of my favourites. I've taken down a few bosses now and am currently going through the forest. I believe I've done everything I can up to this point but knowing these games I've probably missed loads!

I've stuck more or less to the starting kit. Bought the armour set that appears in the shop at the start and yet to find anything better. Have the sawblade but just switched to the Holy Blade. So far seems less powerful but like the extended mode more.

I've only been levelling Health, Stamina and Strength, should I be levelling Skill and the other two?

PS - watched the youtube video of killing 5 hunters in less than 15 minutes. It's quite alarming that people managed to do in 15 minutes what took me 15 hours
                      ►Gray: http://bit.ly/1d07TAt►Winter: http://bit.ly/1Ec9MUT►Arcane: http://bit.ly/1HV7DOTKINDLE THE CHANNEL [become a patron]►http://www.patreon.com/vaatividy...

Comment

I can get to the forest boss in around 10 minutes by jumping the fence besides the Executioner in Old Yharnam. It's as if that's what he's guarding.

Comment

Don't remember seeing the executioner in old Yharnam....? Remind me where might be useful!

Comment

must be the most f*cked up battle of the whole Souls series. Now onto
                            before continuing.
                            What do you get by completing all Chalice Dungeons?

Comment

Finally onto NG+!

On another note, has anyone had server issues today? So annoying getting booted out shortly after my co op partners get booted out!

Gah!

Comment

Am I imagining it or is there more pop-in since the quicker-loading update?

Comment

Working...
                                X