Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    which stats are you guys focusing on when leveling up?

havent put much into arcane/skill/bloodtinge
    I'm focussing on skill and bloodtinge to develop low power but speedy melee weapons and good firearms. Also to avoid ending up with the tank that I usually 'build'.

Comment

Vitality, endurance, vitality, endurance etc. Doubt I'll find much requiring enhanced strength or skill until near the end of the game so I'll level those up later on.

Comment

You need to level everything. Bloodtinge is needed to be able to use a bunch of weapons.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm at 20 for vitality and end now. Reckon I should start bumping up some others then? I think I gave bloodtinge a couple early on just cos it sounded cool. Bloodtinge... mmmmm

Comment

20 should be alright. I put everything to 20, then 30, now almost 40.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Are any of the guns any good for dishing out damage to bosses/big enemies if I start working on bloodtinge now? Been using a pistol+9 purely for parries and knocking enemies off ledges so just left it at 7. Am 37/37/34/34/7/6 at the mo.

Arcane would come in handy for the healing spell but I'll never make it to 20 to use it.

Comment

You can find a cannon later on. It uses 10 silver bullets and does decent/huge damage. But iirc you need strength and skill to equip it. There is 3rd pistol, evelyn, that needs 18 bloodtingue, if you want to use that.

Comment

Well, tonight was productive. I killed the final four bosses and completed the game.

I still didn't find this Castle Cainhurst though. If it wasn't mentioned in here I'd never have known about its existence.

Now for NG+, with points finally going into Arcane so that I can dabble with these special items. I reckon I'll try for the Platinum, it'll be nice to give my friend his machine back with a nice trophy among all the gaming turkey he has on there. I have until Witcher 3 comes out, whatever that is.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 09-04-2015, 19:14.

Comment

Anyone else getting disconnected from the game and getting booted back to title screen this evening?

Comment

I just bought this off a fellow forumite today. Very excited, I love the Souls series and I hope it's as tough as them. I have a quick question regarding co-op, is it still as mysterious and as difficult to do matchmaking as it was in the Souls games? The soap stone system was just so difficult to figure out it and seemed so random... I really hope From have sorted those issues out for Bloodbourne. Cheers guys! DA
                      Last edited by darkangel; 10-04-2015, 15:04.

Comment

There's a tutorial on this a few pages up, dude.

Comment

Ah cool. Cheers!

DA

Comment

I like this game, im close to platinum, i like all Souls games, but this game feels lacking in nuance. There are no intricate builds and setups like in the previous Souls games, most stats pretty end up uniform in bloodborne and with low soft caps like 25, why the hell not.

Just takes something out of it in my opinion, its sort of typical of this gen, improved in some areas but regressing in thought.

Comment

I like how NG+ brings back the respect you once had for the starting line up of foes.

Saying that I'm doing a J0e spesh and just legging it to lamp posts and shortcuts now. My Great Bridge to Central Yharnam farm run just got its balls back.

Comment

NG++ now for the final ending, then it's Chalice Dungeons ahoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X