No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm done now, don't really have the energy to tread through everything again on NG+ just so I get some armour sets and weapons I missed out on the first play through. As for the proper ending, I can always watch it on You Tube.

However I might keep it if DLC comes out for it... the only DLC I'm really excited about if it does get announced.

Any news or rumours on that front?

DA

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
      Am I imagining it or is there more pop-in since the quicker-loading update?
      I noticed lights on the Chalice tombstones in Hunter's Dream a floor textures in the Orphanage now take longer to load/appear a second after they're in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        I noticed lights on the Chalice tombstones in Hunter's Dream a floor textures in the Orphanage now take longer to load/appear a second after they're in sight.
        I'm seeing object as well as texture pop in, balustrade ornaments up there in cathedral ward, operating trolleys in the clinic, etc., maybe it's just because I'm running rather than cautiously creeping around now, but can't shake feeling that something's changed since update.

Comment

I'm seeing object as well as texture pop in, balustrade ornaments up there in cathedral ward, operating trolleys in the clinic, etc., maybe it's just because I'm running rather than cautiously creeping around now, but can't shake feeling that something's changed since update.
          I've done a couple of runs in the starting area and never noticed that kind of pop-up. Pre-patch, however, the elevator from the Cathedral Ward to the Church Workshop didn't load for a good 10 seconds, leaving an octagonal hole and a sky texture in its place. There are a couple of locations that you can see the skybox if you angle the camera correctly (Nightmare Frontier for example), never really understood if that's loading problems or drawing distance.

Comment

Couple of questions, hope someone can help!

- cannot do the shadow boss in the woods! Doing my head in, I've even ran out of healing potions for the first time. Any tips?
            - I got to the

unseen village

, is there much to do there at this point? I cant find anything of worth there.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
              - cannot do the shadow boss in the woods! Doing my head in, I've even ran out of healing potions for the first time. Any tips?
              The

three shadows?

Got past

them the first time, by a sliver of health, can't go into much detail. I've brought all of them close to death rather than going for a straight kill, mostly because I was constantly dodging the one wielding the katana to nail the caster. Anyway, when all of them were close to death they started to summon giant snakes...in the end I killed the katana one first and the caster last. Fire and bolt paper should help.

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
              - I got to the

unseen village

, is there much to do there at this point? I cant find anything of worth there.
              You can get into a boss fight to get a nice Badge, and I suggest to explore it fully once you are comfortable going against the Snatchers. You'll get to visit it again, though.

Comment

Those

brain-suckers in upper cathedral

have done my head in! Not only can they grab you from what appears to be beyond their actual reach, but after a few mishaps they'd brain-leached my awareness down from 92 to 75. Utter bastards of cheapness.
                Last edited by Golgo; 29-04-2015, 12:11.

Comment

Not even the axe in two hand mode can interrupt their grab...but they aren't so though to lose 20 insight to them!

Comment

Those

sould-suckers in upper cathedral

have done my head in! Not only can they grab you from what appears to be beyond their actual reach, but after a few mishaps they'd brain-leached my awareness down from 92 to 75. Utter bastards of cheapness.
                    there weak to fire damage, massively weak to it, i swapped out a rune on the saw cleaver to give it fire damage and it rips through them, before they even get chance to grab.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 29-04-2015, 12:16.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      Not even the axe in two hand mode can interrupt their grab...but they aren't so though to lose 20 insight to them!
                      They drain about 2 insight with every suck, I think. 10 sucks = 20 insight. Those grabs being exceedingly cheap (unless they've got extendable limbs like some other enemies) and unblockable, and as they can combo straight into another one the moment you stagger to your feet, I found it extremely easy to lose that much.

Will try fire rune next time, ta Lebowski. Attempted reasonably levelled-up fire-sprayer thing but it's utterly hopeless, a joke weapon.
                      Last edited by Golgo; 29-04-2015, 12:20.

Comment

Rang my little assist bell earlier with the hope of some

Martyr Logarius

boss action, and found myself in the middle of a PVP fracas. The evil invader was holed up inside the castle, necking blue invisibility juice like there was no tomorrow, pussyfooting near the entrance but refusing to come out, and retreating further in if you went after him. The summoner was disguising himself as one of the hunter comment/messenger signs outside the castle, presumably hoping to trick the invader. I was left running between the two trying to provoke them into doing something, eventually fired blank and left them to it. They're probably still there.
                        Last edited by Golgo; 29-04-2015, 23:45.

Comment

After hitting a bit of a wall at FG a week or so back, I'm now past him and the game has just clicked. The more it opens up the more I love it. I always hoped this would grab me like Demon's Souls did and it really has. Can't get enough of it

Comment

Beat Vicar Amelia last night. Then down to the two hunters. The one with the bolt attack got stuck so I pulled my whip out and took him down but the one with the super wide scatter shotgun is owning me. I'm fairly sure that oil + molotivs whilst standing on the roof will kill hime but I'm assuming there's a strategy for taking him on one on one? Also, I don't remember Amelia dropping anything, is she supposed to?

Comment

Main thing from Amelia is to get

password off altar to open door from path off central plaza at foot of cathedral steps. The hunter's gun blast can be blocked by well. I just cowered behind that and waited for openings.

Think that's it from Amelia, though, and maybe some megachunk of coldblood to cash in.
                              Last edited by Golgo; 30-04-2015, 17:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                I don't remember Amelia dropping anything, is she supposed to?
                                check your inventory for a

pendant. She dropped one when I beat her which, when consumed, becomes a Blood Gem

Comment

Working...
                                X