Project Cars PS4/XBOX ONE/PC review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's total bliss for me!

I seriously don't see the complaints about control on PS4 and I'm on a controller. If I've spun out it's because I've not read the road correctly, attempted to push in cold tyres or I ran out of talent.

As far as I'm concerned, the control is perfect on PS4.

Comment

Playing this on PS4 with a wheel (T300RS) and so far enjoying it overall. I've only really had a few shots in the Clio round Brand Hatch and a couple of different cars (Ginetta Junior and a GT3) round Catalunya. I've changed the settings for the wheel using the values suggested in the previous posts by Supergoal and Uli which I got from the same Project CARS forum.

I did start a career last night and wanted to start from the bottom so the 125cc karts it was. I agree with previous post about how sensitive they are and at any decent speed, you're pretty much guaranteed to spin out if you even turn a little! But will persevere just now. I did read on GT Planet that the karts were added late on and one of the most under-developed of the cars in the game. Using real aids throughout and trying to use helmet cam too which is new for me, was always a chase cam person but trying to get a more real / sim feel out of it.

Feel free to add me on PSN: helicon2

Comment

Sorry for putting a downer on everyone that is enjoying this but I've come to the conclusion that I'm disappointed with it I've been looking forward to it for so long and it's all just 'OK' after expecting it to be the next big thing in the genre. The handling is stiff and unforgiving, career mode isn't gripping me and I don't seem to be able to get into a decent game online.

There seems to be a few glitches (I'm on the Xbox One version). Sometimes when I'm going through the list of cars the list isn't there (no text) and you can only see images of the cars. It doesn't seem to be compatible with the turtle beach headphones, the sound cuts out when you press break.

Graphically it's ok, it looks amazing in the rain but on dry I think Forza 5 looks better. One thing it has going for it is the sound of the engines but no soundtrack during races. I have been impressed with the AI especially as there are so many cars on track, they do fight for places and make mistakes.

More fool me for going digital only on a new IP. I'm hoping Forza 6 is a true next gen racer now. Hopefully the new F1 game next month will be decent...

Comment

I'm with you MM, think unless people play it on the One they can't really comprehend the disappointment. The controls, bugs, problems online etc. A patch is on it's way soon, sold my copy for ?33 today so can live with a tenner hit in the wallet but it leaves a bitter taste. Ian Bell (the studio head) comes across as a right knob on the forums most of the times, swear all the devs and mods there have never played the Xbox One version to this very day.
          Probably will pick it up later on down the line when it's been patched and is a Steam sale in honesty. Time is too precious nowadays to be beta testing games.

Comment

I'm playing on the Xbox for the first time last night. Had an update from installing but honestly, I don't see what the issue is with the controls. The cars behave as I'd expect. True, I've only used the Mitsubishi Evolution so far but it felt just right. I didn't even change any control settings although I may do just to see if there's any improvements.

So, control wise this is fine. Completed 8th out of 20 cars on my first race. I was quite surprised after reading all the complaints about the cars spinning out on every corner and so on.

Comment

i enabled all driving aids and finally had a few amazing career races in the SR8-RX. i am currently racing AI at level 50, which seem the sweet spot for me. really challenging in the races but not too agressive and rather slow in the qualifying sessions.

@ MarioMark
              who would want to listen to a soundtrack while racing in a race car? listening to the car's sounds is not only immensely satisfying but also essential in racing. then there is the radio chatter which is also important to listen and understand.

@ Yakumo
              you only drove one car so far and come to the conclusion that the cars in the game behave like you would expect? that's a nice one!

Comment

Double post, sorry
                Last edited by Yakumo; 15-05-2015, 02:06.

Comment

The car I drove does behave how I'd expect. I also drove some le mans car too which was fine. Anyway, I've never driven a Hyper car as probably no body here has so how would we know how the car should handle in real life?

Anyway, people said the game was unplayable. It was impossible to turn a corner. If that was the case it should apply to every car, right? The game is playable and the two cars I have used handled how I expected. I'm sure there will be cars that are really difficult to control but that's how cars can be in real life. Hopefully I can give the game more time over the weekend. Only had an hour session last night.
                  Last edited by Yakumo; 15-05-2015, 02:09.

Comment

If anyone's having problems getting used to the control I recommend the Formula Gulf, it's found in the Open Wheel section of your Garage and is a great little car.

It's not cable of 200mph but is still fast, handles brilliantly, has tonnes of grip and a clear and unobstructed cockpit view.

Comment

Is anyone still playing this?

Had it since release but haven't put more than 5 hours into it. Have they fixed the average FFB? I can't will myself to play it. Not a good sign.

Comment

Traded mine in after about four hours play. Have any versions been patched yet (especially the Xbox One version).

Speaking of FFB, that is the one thing that isn't great on Dirt Rally either for some reason.

Comment

Not played it at all after the 2nd day of owning it. Ended up trying to complete Dying Light before the Witcher 3 came out. Now playing Witcher 3. I have Evolution too when has never been played. Actually, think I'll sell that.

Comment

have not played it much since Witcher 3 and House of Wolfes came out but i wouldn't know why i should sell it just because of lack of time. it's clearly a great racing sim that just lacks a bit of polish here and there. so with the next patches coming in the game will only get better.

Comment

Played it every night since its release and loving it.

Comment

I'm struggling with it after the initial launch.Just seem to have lost my faith in racing games of late
                                Probably to much of a retro head for Sega rally and Ridge racer

Comment

Working...
                                X