No announcement yet.

[PC] Dirt Rally review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally got back in the game after a bad start in this online race.
    Last edited by charlesr; 19-11-2015, 15:48.

Comment

Love the rallicross replay. I applaud your cool head

Game looks quality. Hope it comes to consoles.

Comment

Just watched it again. Not sure the leader bothered with a joker lap. Maybe I won! (He would have been penalised by 15s)

Comment

And this terrible run shows the awesome jumps in Finland:

Last edited by charlesr; 19-11-2015, 17:26.

Comment

Nice videos Charles. Finland is hell unless you get the suspension settings sorted for all the jumps. Is far too easy to run in the "gutter" and pick up a puncture there too

Next lot of DLC must be due soon (it's a car pack Winter Wonders), hope for some more modern cars, there's too many retro cars at present though the 205 is a total beast with it's power.

Comment

I've entered the Monthly challenge. 26 stages..... lol. Wish me luck [MENTION=2001]VR46[/MENTION] . Currently in 180th place out of 330 that have entered. I'm hoping for some attrition at the top from risky drivers.

Comment

It's just been revealed on Twitter, Dirt Rally is now due for release on Xbox One and PS4 this coming April. A lot earlier than I expected!

Comment

\o/ yay

Comment

I think there's a new version being loaded into Steam right now.

Comment

Are you using a wheel or a pad mate?

Comment

Xbox One pad.

Comment

The Sweden snow bank levels are amazing. The snow has a definite slowly effect when you drift the back into a snowdrift, but if you get the front in them, it's a spin. Feels just right.

Comment

Yes they've done well with the snow banks for sure. And more importantly don't think I've had a puncture in Sweden yet!

Good to see a console release is only a few months away indeed. This is a fantastic game that needs to reach as wide an audience as possible. Hope it runs well at high detail/resolution/frame rate, that is my only concern.

I too use a pad, once set up to suit my times tended to be faster than with a wheel.

There are some very fast drivers out there eg this record set on a Welsh stage in a 2000 series car a few days back. Well worth a watch full screen and 1080p.

Last edited by VR46; 10-12-2015, 11:36. Reason: to make sense

Comment

Impressed by the buttery smoothness, interesting theyve gone back to a serious approach for the series after the redic bonanza of Showdown, not to say that isnt a good game, plenty of fun.

Comment

Yeah but that's probably played on a set up with a ?250+ GPU, how this will translate to ultra detail at 1080p/60fps on a console remains to be seen.

This is about as serious a sim gets bar iRacing and the like.

Codemasters have really gone up in estimations after this release. Just wish the awful WRC5 game didn't have most of the current WRC car licences tied up.

Comment

Working...
                                X