No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid V review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me this feels like Peace Walker 2. Where you could also go all action or stealth.

I really enjoy the audio tapes that replace th Codec sequences. Not many cut scenes but when it does have one they are usually pretty awesome. My only complaint is sometimes Missions can be so variable could take you 15mins could take an hour depending on the movement of enemies etc. which is good for varying replay but also makes it difficult on first Time to play a Mission to judge how long it will take. Really like the game play best MGS controls by a long shot. Have a feeling like Peace Qalker it may brick wall you at a certain point where you need to plough stuff into Moherbase to get anywhere.

Comment

I brought this last week but have not had time to play yet. One thing i would like to know is that as i have not played many of the previous games am i going to be missing out on a lot of the plot lines? Does MGSV rely on the player knowing alot of the story or can it be played and enjoyed somewhat blind?

Comment

You don't need to know anything or have played any of the other games to enjoy this.

Comment

anyone else experiencing extreme frame drops every time
          moves around the map?
          Last edited by EvilBoris; 07-09-2015, 13:20.

Comment

Nope. What platform? I did that last night.

Comment

I have only played a few missions and am still getting used to the setup but its my birthday today and I just finished a mission. Highly recommended! (Change your birthday settings on your account)

Comment

Failed episode 22 (fell off a ledge) now its now where to be seen and i cant reply the mission. Looks like my game has bugged out

EDIT: ok, if it happens to others reset the game and it will reapair
                Last edited by Garny; 07-09-2015, 18:58.

Comment

there are flaws in the checkpoint system too. if you chose the wrong landing zone in a mission you are pretty much stuck with it even if you restart the mission.

@ Brad,

i am on PC (i5 4430, 16GB RAM, GTX 750Ti)

Comment

If you choose the "wrong" landing zone, you can reselect it when you start the mission from the ACC.

Comment

Or just call in the chopper and have it take you somewhere else.

Comment

Can you get it to move you without returning to the ACC? I've only ever had an option on mother base.
                        Just finished Mission 31, it's just gotten really crazy and dark and I don't know what's going on now

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          Can you get it to move you without returning to the ACC? I've only ever had an option on mother base.
                          Just finished Mission 31, it's just gotten really crazy and dark and I don't know what's going on now
                          Worse missions, better narrative.

Comment

Yes, it seems like there is a tonne of cutscenes now

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              Yes, it seems like there is a tonne of cutscenes now
                              Yeah and you don't need to do

the repeat missions. I did them all and some are great fun, others are ****e (29 on hard mode repeat is always ****e). But to progress all you need is the yellow side op stuff and non-repeat missions ie. Extraordinary. And like PW, just play whatever until something pops.

Its a bit poor, but I still like the game loads.

Comment

This game reminds me of Operation Flashpoint. I love the fact that every time I have a mission to do I can choose how to tackle it. It would be awesome to have a coop group online, this is basically next gen GRAW, with some metal gear madness added on, and Borderlands looting of targets and equipment. Very addictive!

Is there a coop mode coming?

Comment

Working...
                                X