Forza Motorsport 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forza Motorsport 6

Played this throughout the weekend and I've been pretty impressed. On first inspection it is a by the numbers Forza game; you pick a car, you pick a track and you race to the finish. However, it's the most polished Forza game to date, arguable this is what the very rushed Forza 5 should have been.

Pros:
    60 fps and it's silky smooth.

All that token BS has disappeared, no longer will you be nagged to spend real money on tokens or boosts for experience. Along with this the payouts for racing has been increased a bit and the price of cars substantially reduced. The most expensive cars seem to top out around the two million credits mark. The level up spin also provide large cash payouts and decent cars as rewards.

Speaking of cars, there are some great models available. Transit Vans to Ferraris - lots of different types including the E-Racing series - lots of the cars from Forza 5's DLC are in there too, definitely a better selection from the off without have to shell out for more car packs. The number of tracks has increased too, there are twenty-six different locations now, nine are new for 6. The favourites like Road America and Laguna Seca, along with new ones like Rio which is good.

The Showcase Events: Some of these are great, like racing the 1939 Maserati 8CTF around Spa, or the chase events where you're placed in the latest version of a car and have to chase down the earlier models who get a head start. The Top Gear stuff like football and bowling is in here too, so the it doesn't interrupt the main career mode.

The weather is great, the rain feels unnervingly realistic, tucking at the wheel and aquaplaning into the grass - it looks very pretty too.

The AI difficulty does seem to be a little more aggressive, I'm still out on this one, but the racing has been generally pretty decent against the AI.

---
    Cons:
    The weather is only available on a limited number of tracks (about a third of the total) which is a shame.

I'm not sure about the whole mod thing either (this is where you can assign perks such as 6% extra power / grip, gain extra XP, gain extra cash, or dares such drive with all assists off). It seems a bit superfluous tbh as any gains in cash payouts are offset by the cost of purchasing the mod packs. The Dare mods offer a little more I suppose, but generally I tend to forget they're available to use.

It's the same old Forza - there's nothing especially different about it if you boil it down to the core. You race around a circuit in a car basically.

---

I haven't delved into multiplayer much, other than a quick nose around to see the options available. From that it looks quite extensive, allowing the host to lock down the assists, car classes etc.

Overall I'd say it's worth a look if you liked the previous games; it is a very polished racer with enough options to play with in the sim side of things, plenty of cars and plenty of tracks.

---

Sorry, messed up the poll, it's only added 3 of the 10 options and I can't edit it :/
    Reliant
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    Focus
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    Veyron
    0%

Yeah not really much else to add. It's the best Forza to date, looks nice, weak soundtrack and the mods are a faff.

I've not tried it online yet but hopefully you won't get taken out by unfair players as easily.

Comment

This could be the game that makes me buy my first ever xbox!
      Love what I've seen so far....

Comment

Same as what has been said above. Best Forza yet. Nothing super new but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. It's forza and it's the best version to date.

Comment

How about the in between race bits? Have they been streamlined? Is the "look at your car damage. And here's 40 seconds of seeing how much XP we've given you" stuff improved?

Comment

The XP / credit stuff can be skipped - if you want to see load times etc, I've got a vid here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaskR2nLPBk

Comment

About the AI, there is a toggle option to turn down the aggressive driving. I've found having that off and raising the general difficulty up makes them drive more like real race drivers than erratic friends. They still have that unpredictable element but they don't shunt you that much.

Comment

Been playing this since last Thursday.Really good racer,it's definitely Forza we all love or hate
                Some nice tracks and the weather effects are impressive.Worth upgrading if you enjoyed 5

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  The XP / credit stuff can be skipped - if you want to see load times etc, I've got a vid here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaskR2nLPBk
                  Brilliant news. Cheers for the vid too.

Comment

Not entirely sure about the AI. I was doing the Classic GT cars series in the fourth lot of single player events and they seemed to have superhuman ability. I was in the Ferrari Daytona with a +9% Grip -3% Weight mod and was being out-cornered by a Cobra. Going as fast round the corners as the Cobra would have seen me in the gravel.

At least I can race without any AI to contend with! In the Free Run option you can set it to run with 0 Drivatars on track. I used this option to make use of a 60% Driver Level boost Mod. I did the maximum 50 laps on the Indy Oval. Took about 33 minutes and I got over 96000 XP (36000 was the 60% boost).

I am now at a level where there is rarely a car to be won and I think the best it has given me is 500000 credits in about 10 spins. At least I won the Lotus E23 earlier.

I thought maybe that Lotus was identical to the one in Forza 5 as it had the same livery. It does have the lower revving Turbo engine at least.

Comment

Those spins sure are random. I've now won a Veyron and I've also won $1m three times.

Comment

Way too generous this game. I was gifted cars that would've taken weeks to earn in the early games before I'd even raced.

Comment

I was talking to Speedy about this and how disappointing it is in terms of unlocks. You don't have to work towards special cars any more like in old GT games. I miss that.

Comment

Really tried to knuckle down with this since starting given game time has been limited this past week and managed to start into the third class of five now so making solid progress. It's all very straight forward in this entry, I don't mind the generous unlocks as it's the same with most sims in that the majority of the content is practically useless. It's spitting cars and money at me but I've very little need to use any of it and I kind of like that as I don't have the time to faff about in these things.

There's nothing really here that shakes that Forza 4 HD feel but it's definitely the return to form the series needed to make after F5.

Comment

The Spins mostly seem to give me less than 100,000. Having said that I did win the Mclaren 12C GT3 racer recently, which is rather nice. I also managed the Lotus E25 (E23?), Honda Indy Car, Pagani Huayra (?) and Mclaren M23, to name a few. Getting a VW Beetle as the Jackpot was adding insult to injury.

Comment

Working...
                              X