No announcement yet.

Forza Motorsport 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the full announcement is below, it should be released here in the UK during the next few hours. I might pick up my first Xbox One DLC!

Comment

My least favourites from the pack would be the Torana (seems slow) and the MP 4/4 (need to get to grips with the handling).

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
        My least favourites from the pack would be the Torana (seems slow) and the MP 4/4 (need to get to grips with the handling).
        How is the handling of the MP4/4? After Project Cars including Formula A and Codemasters recreation of F1 cars with F1 2015, I struggle to get to grips with the handling of the Lotus F1 Car in Forza 6, not sure if it's me, the game or both!

Few more shots from over the evening!

Comment

The MP4/4 is a little twitchy. Probably down to not using a Traction Control.

I was looking for something to buy and found there is a free (I presume) DLC with that FWD 2015 #23 Nismo Le Mans car. Gave it a try and with minor gear adjustment was hitting 213 mph on the old Mulsanne straight.

Comment

And some more shots from the past fortnight.

It's such a shame this game has died a death on here when a game as disappointing as DriveClub gets about 20 pages!

Comment

Because PS4 fans have to try and keep a turd afloat

Oh ****, better run away now before the flames come attacking

Comment

I've never agreed with fanboy wars but I don't see why DriveClub has been so successful on here and Rllmuk. There's no question the support of the game by Evo has been exemplary but the base game and the DLC (When I last looked at it about 2 months ago) is still not that great, unique and above all, I never really enjoyed the handling. All the post release support is for nothing if it still feels sub-par to play and that was my take on it.

By comparison, Forza 6 is the better simulation and Forza Horizon 2 is the better fun racing game. Obviously all in my opinion of course, it just dumbfounds me the support for that game. Hopefully DriveClub 2 (If it gets made) is a better, more rounded package.

Anyway, enough slagging off, hopefully some more support for Forza 6.

Comment

A lot of DriveClubs appeal I think is its evolving nature, the rags to riches development post release makes it interesting to follow purely out of intrigue. Forza 6 is the more polished product and a return to form for the series but generally it feels like people are becoming bored by Forza and GTs sterile sim based racing. Hence the adoration for Horizon which nails so much.

Comment

Does Horizon have that photo mode too?
                    I think that game would be my bag more than F6.
                    I'd probably spend more time doing some snaps "work it, the camera loves you!".

Nice pics, by the way, [MENTION=680]Wools[/MENTION]!

Lambo Huracan request, please!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      A lot of DriveClubs appeal I think is its evolving nature, the rags to riches development post release makes it interesting to follow purely out of intrigue. Forza 6 is the more polished product and a return to form for the series but generally it feels like people are becoming bored by Forza and GTs sterile sim based racing. Hence the adoration for Horizon which nails so much.
                      Although I understand what you're saying, DriveClub has been poorly received critically and has not sold well. It's resurgence seems to have been due to die hards and it's now free on PS+.

Forza 6, if you look at sales numbers, has not set the chart alight either but has been received well critically but as you say, it's not trying anything new, so some people have become bored of the hardcore simulation formula.

Unless it's purely down to now being free, I can't fathom a reason for its popularity.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Does Horizon have that photo mode too?
                      I think that game would be my bag more than F6.
                      I'd probably spend more time doing some snaps "work it, the camera loves you!".

Nice pics, by the way, [MENTION=680]Wools[/MENTION]!

Lambo Huracan request, please!
                      Horizon 2 has the same style of Photomode as Forza 6 so you can catch all the loveliness in PNG form!

Thanks for the compliments and yes, I do requests! I'll come back with a few Lambo's next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post

I've never agreed with fanboy wars but I don't see why DriveClub has been so successful on here and Rllmuk. There's no question the support of the game by Evo has been exemplary but the base game and the DLC (When I last looked at it about 2 months ago) is still not that great, unique and above all, I never really enjoyed the handling. All the post release support is for nothing if it still feels sub-par to play and that was my take on it.

By comparison, Forza 6 is the better simulation and Forza Horizon 2 is the better fun racing game. Obviously all in my opinion of course, it just dumbfounds me the support for that game. Hopefully DriveClub 2 (If it gets made) is a better, more rounded package.

Anyway, enough slagging off, hopefully some more support for Forza 6.
                        Wait a sec, I thought you raved about Drive Club?

Comment

Sweeeet!
                          Countach and Reventon while you're at it, David Bailey!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            Wait a sec, I thought you raved about Drive Club?
                            Yeah, liked it for the first few weeks after I brought it but the more you played, the more it frustrated you as you saw the problems with it.

Got tired with he career mode when the AI became tougher which exposed its simple nature, the handling never got any deeper and the online issues which plagued the game since launch were never fixed in the months I owned the game. Me and my Brother once spent over 2 hours chatting over PSN trying different ways to get into a game but never could! They also never had a mode where you could party up and then jump into a custom game, a fairly standard online mode most games had but their were obviously so many problems during development, nothing got fleshed out how Evo wanted.

Sold it feeling pretty deflated about the whole game. It looks nice, has great weather and I liked the ribbons of tarmac idea for circuits, but almost every other part of DriveClub was flawed, un-polished or just so standard it bored me very quickly.

Comment

That's exactly how I feel about Driveclub.

Without car customisation... You barely have a video game.

That said, I've been enjoying Forza 4 recently - not 6! haha

Hot laps in Takata Dome NSX are so much fun!

Comment

Just got this. It's gooooooooood!

Comment

Working...
                                X