No announcement yet.

Transformers: Devastation review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS on chapter 2 in the bag. This was a bit more forgiving - out of 12 missions I had 7 SS ranks, 2 S ranks and 3 A ranks. It still gave me the overall SS, which I'm pretty sure was a worse ratio than I got on chapter 1 when I failed it. Four chapters left (already got SS on the very short chapter five, which is basically just three boss fights).

Comment

Mind blown.

New vid, I have only watched 50 seconds of the full 5 minutes, and... had to share ASAP.

Edit - sorry, just noticed it's not Saurian! It came up in the list when I went to his other one.
      Last edited by Darwock; 16-11-2015, 14:23.

Comment

Oh wow, I had no idea you could even do some of them moves especially the car charge on top of the bad guys!

I really hope we see some good DLC for this.

Comment

Doesn't seem likely. There's a current post on gamefaqs claiming that sales wise, it has performed abysmally.

So what else is new, the way of the world is that great games go unappreciated.

So as I had sort of expected, it's really only the first two or three chapters that give a lot of hassle for the SS rank trophy. I went through and landed chapter 3 tonight after about three tries, then 4 and 6 both on the first attempts. I've done the final chapter all the way up to the last boss, with a pretty even split of SS or S ranks so far - unless I get a B or something I should be good to land the trophy tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
            Doesn't seem likely. There's a current post on gamefaqs claiming that sales wise, it has performed abysmally.

Sadly I think your right. I guess sales have been poor this was ?20 in GAME new last week which doenst say great things.

Comment

That's the platinum trophy in the bag, but I'm not done with it yet. I do feel like I can add my rating to the poll now. Started Prime difficulty an hour or two ago, and went through chapter 1 again. It wasn't as hard as my first try on commander (because I'm so powerful now), but I was really caught out by the tag team constructicon fights. Their attack alerts are much later and they move a lot faster - I was getting totally pummeled and these were the easiest fights to SS during that last trophy attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post

So what else is new, the way of the world is that great games go unappreciated.
                To be fair, I think timing is part of the problem. It may have come out on PS4, but to me, it's a PS3 game that straddles. We're about a year past where that should be happening; games should just be made to get the best of one or the other. In my case, I don't own a PS4, but I intend to get one - so I'm trying not to buy PS3 games anymore whilst I whittle down the pile.

Comment

..and that's' Prime mode finished. It doesn't unlock anything at all, I had hoped there would be another tier of T.E.C.H. after the 50,000 but there isn't. The main advantage of playing on Prime for completionists is that is where all the SS rank weapons drop. I will probably keep dabbling in Prime mode challenges until I get SS versions of the forge of solus prime, photon eliminator, grimlock's sword etc.

Comment

A month on, and I am now just dipping in to challenge mode/prime, basically farming for SS versions of my favourite weapons. The bug that I mentioned a while back has struck my game, but it's not exactly how it was described.

My inventory count of repair kit L will not rise above zero, even when they drop in the game or when I buy (and get charged) from the shop.

For a while the problem was affecting the hard coat defence boosting item, but during a challenge it suddenly switched, my stock of hard coats increased to 1 and from then I was unable to obtain repair kit L. I have sold nearly every extraneous item in my inventory so it's not a max capacity thing. Very irksome.

One thing that may be related, I didn't notice the problem at all until Optimus hit 100 in all stats, and then it happened shortly after.

Comment

So, I bought this for my brother-in-law's birthday last week. He loves it but his only complaint is that he can't play it because his kids are always on it!

Plus, his five-year-old has got further than me...

Comment

I have found a way to control the inventory bug, you can't fix it but you can arrange it so the problem falls on a non essential item (like an experience capsule or something).

Basically if you have item A at zero stock and it can't be increased, reduce your inventory of a second item B to zero during the course of gameplay. Then the next time back in the Ark you can restock either A or B, but whichever one you choose, the other will be stuck at zero.

This only works if you use the item in game (challenge mode works), you can't sell off all your stock in the lab or it won't work. You *can* sell off all but one, so you can use up the last one in a single game. Just hope that another of the item you want rid of doesn't drop after you use it, or you're stuffed for that round.

The issue is more prone to happen with repair kit L because stock of that is limited to 1 in the first place.
                        Last edited by Darwock; 25-12-2015, 22:51.

Comment

Working...
                        X