Transformers: Devastation review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
    I guess there's more to it than meets the eye...
    I see what you did there!

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
      Just wait a bit longer for a few more surprises

@djtickle No idea how you tackled Commander difficulty from the start, well impressed!
      Not sure how the challenge maps compare to the core game but I was struggling with the Insecticons & Destructicons fights on Commander. Maybe my Bumblebee needs a bit more levelling to take them on proper, the damage I was dealing out just wasn't good enough.

@dataDave I noticed Saur has posted up a new video playing this and sounds like he's really enjoying it. I guess there's more to it than meets the eye...
      It wasn't to bad, I used all the bad weapon drops I got to level up my main one. Really helped!

Comment

Anyone got a recommendation for swords etc? I was using a pair of straight thermal swords for a long while, mostly cause they had a rapid strike combo that reminded me of the driver move in DMC - felt obligated to try some others though, so I'm using *a bosses* blade at the moment - switching between that and a cryo hammer (perfect for mashing up Devastators legs).

The guns don't feel like much use to me tbh, only for the first second or so of auto-lock. No idea how you are supposed to get head shots and trigger the focus time/vehicle attacks without any time to aim. I don't even know how to score a hit after a dodge, but there is a trophy for doing it 100 times.

If I could have any wish for this game, it would have been to lock the view angle a little more often. Some of these bosses look like they have pattern attacks, but the camera is all over the place - fights feel a lot more random than controlled.
        Last edited by Darwock; 22-10-2015, 14:51.

Comment

Gah, spoilers [MENTION=2357]Darwock[/MENTION] !

Comment

Were there spoilers there? Sorry!

Character names I guess? Although it's a short game and the ones I mention aren't that far in anyway.

Comment

Cheers, yeah but I know probably the biggest Transformers fan on here isn't that far in yet!

He play sloooooooooow.

Following on from your post, my main gripe was getting stuck on the battle between Devastator and Menasor towards the end of the game. With the bosses being so big and the arena kinda small (plus all the Autobots piling in to "help") is was a camera nightmare.

Oh, also the camera during the driving sections could have benefited from being pulled back further.

Comment

Deceptions are surprisingly well represented. Initially I thought it would only be generic types, but I think they fared better than the Autobots.

Hound. Where is Hound. For that reason alone they need to make a follow up.

Comment

I can't criticise "Mr. Transformers", because I've literally got as far as the first Megatron tank chase when you get to the tower. :O

That's because I restarted when my son wanted to watch.

He's now obsessed with Transformers, which is frustrating as we've just decorated his room with a Marvel theme!

I promise I'll crack on when Fallout: New Vegas DLC is done!

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                    Deceptions are surprisingly well represented. Initially I thought it would only be generic types, but I think they fared better than the Autobots.

Hound. Where is Hound. For that reason alone they need to make a follow up.
                    For me would like to see Prowl, Jazz, Mirage also. I'm surprised no Character DLC for this just skins from characters.

For me it feels like a cross between Bayonetts and MG: Rising as has witch time but seems slower hit wise than Bayonetta. Really enjoying it. Wish there was a bit more difference in the Autobots like Prime hits harder than Sideswipe or Bumblebee. Seems Grimlock is the only one who has a different kind of feel. Camera is occasionally a bit unwieldy but Bayonetta/MG: Rising had similar issues.

The weapons names are proper fan service so good to read some of the names. The voices are also brilliant most of the cast account bred for with original voice. Can never get enough of the Transforming animation and sound either .

Comment

Question - what are the criteria for high ranks on challenge mode? I have only done the first three, got an A, then a B in the Devastator fight, and last night I busted out an SS for the Insecticon fight. I got hit loads of times though, it didn't feel like a very smooth battle, so I'm wondering why I got the big rewards.
                      To get SS I found low dmg or none at all, quick clear and some headshots. If you use a machine gun and dodge into slow mo you can get a good few head shots in doing the diving slowmo.

I became overpowered and just killing them super quick with no damage at most gave S.

Comment

That doesn't follow though, like I said I got hit loads in that battle and was ranked SS.

Comment

That doesn't follow though, like I said I got hit loads in that battle and was ranked SS.
                          Yeah but you must have got lots of points in the other sections then. Headshots, protecting allies, speed etc

Comment

I just finished my first play.

Damn I am so happy right now. That ending... as epic as anything from Metal Gear Solid, and clearly inspired by the same - the final blow in the final battle and the dialogue that accompanied it made me go a bit giddy I have to say.

And then the end theme song! It's new, right? They have channeled the 80s so perfectly! Watching the end credits just now and the voice cast list, when Peter Cullen got the special mention I could have cheered out loud, boy does he deserve it.

I think this game has done what Lego did for Star Wars and restored my faith after the damage done by Michael Bay.

Now WHERES MY SEQUEL.

Comment

Spotted Saurien uploaded some gameplay to his YT channel. Looks alright tbh.

Comment

Ha I stumbled across Saurs videos as well..

Comment

Working...
                                X