No announcement yet.

Rainbow Six: Siege review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It happens for me in every match now. It will be fine be then minutes later it starts. I become a human slideshow. I move forward a bit and then I spring back to my previous position. This can happen between 30 seconds to on some cases for the duration of the match. I don't suffer lag in other games at all. Sadness.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      It happens for me in every match now. It will be fine be then minutes later it starts. I become a human slideshow. I move forward a bit and then I spring back to my previous position. This can happen between 30 seconds to on some cases for the duration of the match. I don't suffer lag in other games at all. Sadness.
      just spoke to the chap i played with last nigght, who has had rubber banding more often, and he seems to think that it is tied to the server connection as his game kept on connecting him to US servers rather than the eu ones. If you press start it it shows which data centre the game is connected to and rebooting the game can change the server its connected to. on the xbox it back to dash and quite the game fully via the click options so it doesnt resume when you go back to it, not sure what the equalivant is on the ps4 but a full quit should work.
      Last edited by concretesnail; 09-01-2016, 08:49. Reason: crap typing

Comment

Ive taken some time this morning in my pyjamas to forward ports for my PS4. I'll test it tonight.

Comment

Yep, its a cracking game alright

Comment

Had a few hours on it tonight and didn't have one instance of rubber band lag. Whether this is due to my port forwarding or what Concretesnail mentioned, I'm not sure. Still, what a game.

Comment

I haven't had any rubber banding for a while. There are still some issues with matchmaking though, but things have improved immensely since the debacle over Christmas.

I'm still having a ball playing this.

Comment

I've become increasingly tired of this game. When you do get to play, it's pretty good. It isn't quite the thinking man's FPS that I first thought though. You can run around like it's COD taking out the Christmas noobs like there's no tomorrow.

The other times when you get random disconnects, you get forced into being a recruit as you don't even see the character select screen, you get the aforementioned rubber banding or you just get stuck to an area of the map, then it isn't much fun. My biggest gripe is that when you get a squad together, you should stay in that squad until you leave, regardless of who quits back to the main menu after a match.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Played some more this morning and I've still had no more rubber banding Great game improved immensely with friends.

Comment

Tomorrow night I should finally be done and it feels about the right time, before tiresome feelings set in. I have 3 Situation Missions left to complete and a little shy over 800RP to go until the final Operator is unlocked. It's been great fun.

Comment

Eh? But what if suddenly feel the urge to play again, you tell yourself "no, we are done with this"?

Comment

When the new maps eventually roll out I wouldn't be surprised if I felt the call again but I've played Siege for almost 2 months solid now and haven't put any real time into Battlefront, Black Ops 3 or the latest updates on Battlefield 4 so I'm gonna sink more time into one of those.

Comment

I'm still not done with this, the new operators look very cool but if they really are 25k each to unlock I may find it's too much of a grind. There are a few hard PVP trophies I need to obtain as well.

What it has done though is make me want to go back to Battlefield and play a bit more carefully and see if that makes a difference. Probably not playing on Operation Metro would be a good start!!

Comment

Working...
                          X