No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't had time to try this yet. What would be the most preposterous loadout a noob could choose? Is there a musical weapon or did I dream that?
    Last edited by Golgo; 27-01-2018, 12:13.

Comment

There sure is

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Played a little last night and the guy from Uncharted showed me around and then we went on a little Jagra hunt. I'd gone for the massive sword option and came back learning a thing or two. Mainly I learnt swinging the thing around doing the full combos is a bad idea. Hit and run is probably the way to go unless I can unleash the full combo on a more static enemy (downed). Ultimately, I spent more time swinging maniacally and missing out on carvings. I was overwhelmed by enemies at the time, but still.

Loads to do in this. I look forward to getting back on tonight.
        2-hit: Triangle-Triangle

Spam Circle-Triangle infinitely

Circle-Triangle-[Triangle and Circle]

Three of my common combos with the great sword.

Comment

Thanks. Are these combos with better recovery than the full combos where I get my sword stuck in the ground? Lol

Oooh question...

Do you tend mix up weapon choices for play through?

Comment

Sorry Kryss, I'm not high enough HR to join.

It was a folly to think I'd play for long with the family around!

Comment

I'll get you to invite me next time or I'll join your session instead.

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              Thanks. Are these combos with better recovery than the full combos where I get my sword stuck in the ground? Lol

Oooh question...

Do you tend mix up weapon choices for play through?
              You should got with the most effective element for the monster you want to hunt, is the general rule. Otherwise, whatever you have that deals the most damage.
              Practice hit and roll when using the great sword, it's so slow you need to move out of the way quicker. Remember to guard!

Comment

MH games have never done it for me, i just dont find them any fun.
                There is no tracking on your attacks, you just end flailing at thin air, while the monster also flails at thin air then occasionally you meet.

Also the ps4 standard performance is terrible and feels just horrible to control
                I think id like the game more if it was actually smooth to control, its just garbage, input lag and just that awful floaty feel - play this for 10mins then pop in horizon zero dawn and youll see what i mean, horizon is just so sweet and perfect to control.
                Last edited by Largo; 27-01-2018, 16:05.

Comment

Horizon Zero Dawn does control exceedingly well, I'll give it that. Somehow it didn't hold me, though.
                  Last edited by Golgo; 27-01-2018, 16:53.

Comment

Picked this up based on the reviews, never played an MH game before. Any tips? how’s the coop work? Does anyone want to play with me :|

Add me! PSN- MrKirov

Comment

I'll hunt with you, [MENTION=3332]MrKirov[/MENTION], although I'm a n00b too, so it could be the blind leading the blind!

Comment

Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I'll hunt with you, [MENTION=3332]MrKirov[/MENTION], although I'm a n00b too, so it could be the blind leading the blind!
                          Sounds perfect

Comment

I've just walked in from a night out at half eleven and I don't dare turn it on because I know "just thirty minutes" will end up as a 2am closer and I have to be up with the kids tomorrow.

Happy hunting, chums!

Comment

PSN is down again!

Comment

God, can't I play Monster Hunter for 10 hours straight without the servers going down once?

Comment

Working...
                                X