Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Oh mate, it's deffo got its claws in me.
    I'm looking at ways to upgrade my weapons and, as you say, add some elemental damage.

I think I'll boost the Iron Katana first to make it First Dance I, which can be done by caning that stone-throwing chicken.
    Then I'll open some new areas to find some more materials.

Some stuff to make my bone sword a flame weapon is from that furry T-Rex, the Anjanath.
    Has anyone managed to take one of those down, yet, as it was instakilling me when I ran into one at the start.
    took an Anjanath down last nght a few times as I'm after the Armour

have you got to grips with the spirit gauge and spirit levels on the the long sword its pretty straight forward to get crazy combos going with it the basics are a follows

hitting a monster with standard combo attacks (triangle or circle) ups your spirit meter the Red sword on the left
    this then gives you access to spirit combos R2 x5 is an easy one to start with, If the final hit lands your spirit metre starts to glow silver which will give you access to even more powerful combos

Triangle, R2+triangle, Triangle dose Spirit Thrust and Spirit Helmbreaker this Costs one Spirit Gauge level coating, but causes the red gauge to fill automatically if it hits, so you can go back to the above r2 combo and rinse and repeat until you miss.

the helm breaker looks ace and dose loads of damage too.

Then their is the Forsite slash which slashes and dodges, (Triangle + Circle during a combo) Getting hit during the forsite slash allows you to do 2 Spirit Blade attacks straight away. The First one fills the Spirit Gauge while, the second raises the Spirit Gauge level.)

once you have got to grips with these you can mix it up a bit but the trick is you should always be working on pushing up that spirit gauge and spirit level.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 29-01-2018, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      There currently only two types of weapon I can have forged. Iron and bone. Do I get more options when I find other particular materials? At the moment I'm just upgrading my Great Sword down the Bone tree.
      I'm no expert, but that's how it appears to me.
      Is it the Bone Blade Great Sword you're using?
      You can carry on to make III and a powerful weapon:
      Bone Blade > Bone Slasher > Giant Jawblade > Leviathan's Fury

Or you could take the water route:
      Bone Blade II > Aqua Slasher > Water Golem

Full tree here:
      Bone Blade is a Great Sword in Monster Hunter World (MHW). How to craft Bone Blade, where to find materials, and skill details.

Here's an example of what the Great Sword Ore Tree looks like:

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        took an Anjanath down last nght a few times as I'm after the Armour.
        Ah so, he is beatable, thanks!

have you got to grips with the spirit gauge and spirit levels on the the long sword its pretty straight forward to get crazy combos going with it the basics are a follows

hitting a monster with standard combo attacks (triangle or circle) ups your spirit meter the Red sword on the left
        this then gives you access to spirit combos R2 x5 is an easy one to start with, If the final hit lands your spirit metre starts to glow silver
        which will give you access to even more powerfull combos
        I got this first bit down and was mixing it up between triangle + circle for a kind of joust and retreat move.

Triangle, R2+triangle, Triangle dose Spirit Thrust and Spirit Helmbreaker this Costs one Spirit Gauge level coating, but causes the gauge to fill automatically if it hits, so you can go back to the above r2 combo and rinse and repeate.

Then their is the Forsite slash which slashes and dodges, (Triangle + Circle during a combo) Getting hit during the forsite slash allows you to do 2 Spirit Blade attacks straight away. The First one fills the Spirit Gauge while, the second raises the Spirit Gauge level.)

once you have got to grips with these you can mix it up a bit but the trick is you should always be working on pushing up that spirit gauge and spirit level.
        This, however, is all news to me, so I'll be trying this out tonight, thanks fella!

Comment

Ah so, he is beatable, thanks!

I got this first bit down and was mixing it up between triangle + circle for a kind of joust and retreat move.

This, however, is all news to me, so I'll be trying this out tonight, thanks fella!
          its well worth doing you cant see it well in the above vid but if the Helm breaker connects you see two lots of damadge numbers come up orange crits and white standard numbers, a few youtubes have freeze framed the shot and added up the numbers to see what damadge your getting that final hit alone when added together dose about 400 damage with a level 3 sword.

Comment

Thanks, that looks great.

For my own reference later:

Comment

Well i reached rank10... and mind blown at the expanded high rank stuff, upgrade tree(which still have space for more icons) and new armour to make along with a ****ing materia system.

Comment

Quick question regarding Pouch item management... how do you guys go about it? Just through most gathered things in item box when you have returned, but keep battle essentials in pouch?

Am I right in assuming that when I craft in the field or get weapons upgraded/forged, all my items from pouch to box will be accessible?

Comment

Holy moly! Level 10!
                  Sounds like there's a lot to see and do.

I think I'm up to level 4 now. I've beaten the electric weasel and the fishy guy and I'm up to the Anjaroth (furry T-Rex) hunt, but he keeps beating me.

I met up with [MENTION=3332]MrKirov[/MENTION] and we tried to get our heads around this arse-about-face multiplayer system.
                  Although they've done their best to implement on-screen menus, a lot of it is counter-intuitive.

However, we got MrK to start the next mission he's on to forward his plot and level up to HR3, then I organised an Expedition to hunt the rock-throwing chicken. We primarily milled about the hub in between these missions, just chatting, though!

Did a couple of weapon upgrades. Turned my katana into First Dance I, and after beating the electric weasel, I bought a new bone blade and upgraded it to an electric sword.

Still wasn't enough to beat that stupid T-Rex!

Comment

Quick question regarding Pouch item management... how do you guys go about it? Just through most gathered things in item box when you have returned, but keep battle essentials in pouch?
                    That's exactly what I do.

My post-mission routine involves visiting the various people asking for me to look for stuff, visit the smithy to see if I can upgrade anything, then going to my room and stashing all the non-essential gear I've found in the field for later crafting or sales purposes.
                    The trunk is pretty big (not sure if there's a limit) and it automatically adds to existing items, like Minecraft, rather than twelve slots of the same thing.

Am I right in assuming that when I craft in the field or get weapons upgraded/forged, all my items from pouch to box will be accessible?
                    This, however, I'm not so sure about.
                    I think the answer is "no". Only what you have in your pouch is what you take into action.

The hub is a different thing, though. If you go to the smithy, it shows you all the weapons you have in your possession, all the trees they have and what's needed to upgrade, but you have to be carrying it.
                    Thankfully, you can go up a couple of menu levels and change active weapon, but it's a bit of a faff if it knows so much, but you have to have it in your hand.

Comment

Thanks QChimp. Where is all the ore stored? I keep finding stone on my travels but always have 20/20 on me. I looked to store it in the box but I couldn't see any in my pouch.

Comment

Good question.
                        I'm not sure without being sat in front of it.

On one hand, it's not classed as craftable so doesn't take up inventory space, but you're saying every time you try to mine it says it's MAX?

"The least glamorous step of hunting a monster, but it's pretty important. Your Item Pouch has a limited amount of spaces, so you don't want to carry what you don't need. Luckily, Monster Hunter World has changed to make the Ammo bag separate from the rest. Plus, Materials that can't be used for crafting consumables - like Ore and monster parts - will also not take up space."

Comment

Stone seems to be something you just pick up and not mine. You're right, I need to get in front of it and give it a proper look. Are you sure about having to physically carry materials to the Smithy? It must take straight from item box too No? Crazy if so.

Comment

Holy moly! Level 10!

Still wasn't enough to beat that stupid T-Rex!
                            it might be worth getting yourself a Tobi kadarchi (electric weasel) set as this is the monster before him and will up your defense, its also worth upping your energy bar craft some mega nutrients, and have a meal that ups your defence to medium, this stops him being able to two hit ko you.

Also it might be obvious but stay away from his mouth he has a crit spot on his tail and his head but its a lot safer to hit him on the tail using a long sword, your quite likely to cut his tail off too giving you an extra carving opportunity. staying away form his head is extra critical when he goes into fire mode, its easy to spot when he dose as he gets small wings and a growth on his head.

Thanks QChimp. Where is all the ore stored? I keep finding stone on my travels but always have 20/20 on me. I looked to store it in the box but I couldn't see any in my pouch.
                            stone is just an item for your slinger you use it to get monsters attention and its not an item you need outside of missions, monster crafting materials and ores go into a separate area from your standard inventory and you don't seem to be limited in how much of this you can carry.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 30-01-2018, 09:03.

Comment

I'm sure this thread has long ago mutated into a first play that no-one can be arsed to initiate...?! QC, make it so!!

Anyhoo, I'm still stuck on the character selection screen. Every combo I do ends up looking much too handsome and I'm struggling to get the right kind of hobo crossed with dino-scarred ugly that I fancy.

Comment

Monster Hunter World

OK.

Bear with me. I might break everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X