No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Literally never had this problem with MH on the Wii.

Comment

one thing i miss from the 360 days is solid servers, PSN has always been crap, even when it's up just loading anything from the friends lists to the shop, it's just slow as **** and with any popular you're guaranteed the servers going down without fail.. in fact that's the only thing PSN can be counted on to do.

hasn't stopped me, solo'd through some tough fights in the vale which i could have used some help, but im feeling in near the end of the story now. Started using the heavy bowgun after going on a quest to have one element covered by different weapons so it wouldn't get stale, so i've built a fire bow, thunder long sword, water light bowgun, dragon knives, and on testing a use for the heavy bowgun (kolo path) i fell in love with slicing shot... that ammo just shreds extra drops for me at a crazy rate, and following that up with sniperfire, the various explosion and wyvern ammo

Comment

I started my game last night at 11pm once everyone was in bed... Fell asleep at the weapon select screen. Oops...

What weapon is good for a noob like me? I was looking at sword and shield. Dunno though, too much choice! Game looks excellent on the Xbox X and I went with prioritise resolution. I'm sure digital foundry will tell me I was stupid for doing that in due course.

There are matchmaking issues on Xbox currently but I'm sure the servers will be rock solid once all 50 players who bought this get online. I figure all the veteran players would be on PSN!?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          What weapon is good for a noob like me?
          Big sword.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            Big sword.
            *Great Sword

As I pointed out to QC before, you can get used to the slow, lumbering but powerful Great Sword then transition to anything else. Learn how to dodge and guard and you'll be set.

Comment

i need an intervention, im at 35 hours already.. couldn't stop till i had that legiana plate(lvl6 rare ), which i got on someones Legiana investigation which seems the best way to get the most rewards, i now have a cool looking new heavy bowgun that looks a modern sniper rifle but in blue and has white wings for a stock, sadly it only has 1 slice mag compared to blotcasters 4, but gains fire and ice at 5 a piece, zero recoil on everything including WF and what i think is a much faster/further dodge (last bit is probably my imagination)

Comment

Dude! Get off it!

*brings PSN down again due to a light dusting and brief vacuuming*

Comment

Loving this. The areas are awesome. The monsters can give you that nervy "wooooooaaaah, run awaaaaay!" factor. There's loads to do. Just loving it so far.

Comment

The online on this is massively broken compared to other games in the series if your planning to play through the story with friends its completely ****ed at the moment thanks to some sort of cutscene issue that has been programed into the game.

If you want to do a story mission together and your both at the same part you can't as the game bars you from entry until you have seen a 5 second mission cut scene, if your further on in the game and want to help you cant join and help until the person has seen the cutscene, so you end up waiting around the tower till they get to a certain point in the mission then you can join.

this is the current work around on the net

• All go in mission separately
                    • track monster
                    • watch cut scene
                    • all quit out and jump back in mission together as you have now all seen cut scene and it wont show it again.

why you cant watch the cut scenes together in the game is a mystery???

at the moment its like a single player game with online features added as an afterthought and its not just limited to the story either. want to do an expedition? want to get together do some bounties and farm some monsters together well tough. If your grouped up and go out on an expedition it will put you in four separate expeditions, to get together you have to do the following

one person goes on expedition,
                    three people wait by the mission board
                    person on mission sends up a sos flair
                    people waiting by board then search for sos and join via player name!

depite all this jankyness ive played it solidly all weekend and got to grips with the long sword, and am putting out level 3 spirit combos like a pro

Comment

This game is making me want to collect the back catalogue

Anyone got any they don't want?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                        The online on this is massively broken compared to other games in the series if your planning to play through the story with friends its completely ****ed at the moment thanks to some sort of cutscene issue that has been programed into the game.

If you want to do a story mission together and your both at the same part you can't as the game bars you from entry until you have seen a 5 second mission cut scene, if your further on in the game and want to help you cant join and help until the person has seen the cutscene, so you end up waiting around the tower till they get to a certain point in the mission then you can join.

this is the current work around on the net

• All go in mission separately
                        • track monster
                        • watch cut scene
                        • all quit out and jump back in mission together as you have now all seen cut scene and it wont show it again.

why you cant watch the cut scenes together in the game is a mystery???

at the moment its like a single player game with online features added as an afterthought and its not just limited to the story either. want to do an expedition? want to get together do some bounties and farm some monsters together well tough. If your grouped up and go out on an expedition it will put you in four separate expeditions, to get together you have to do the following

one person goes on expedition,
                        three people wait by the mission board
                        person on mission sends up a sos flair
                        people waiting by board then search for sos and join via player name!

depite all this jankyness ive played it solidly all weekend and got to grips with the long sword, and am putting out level 3 spirit combos like a pro
                        as far a grouping up outside any story mode(which is a complete mess up) mission before it kicks off is what squads and private sessions are for, though i do agree it should have some sort of join your friends button. however very little of that is explained, and you only get a brief text tutorial if you enter the gathering place.. which quite janky to form a squad up.

this better explains it.
                        Last edited by Tobal; 29-01-2018, 12:45.

Comment

Sorry, just catching up on the thread after the weekend.

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                          MH games have never done it for me, i just dont find them any fun.
                          There is no tracking on your attacks, you just end flailing at thin air, while the monster also flails at thin air then occasionally you meet.
                          Yup, that's still the case here. A whole load of flailing at air when you're still mashing buttons in a panic when the stress is on. I'm hoping I'll calm down and be a better hunter. I've learned to stop attacking and dodge a lot more since the beta, so I'm getting there.

I'm absolutely loving this and am still finding my feet, but it's not faultless and can see how this weakness in combat, a primary function of the game, would put some people off.

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                          one thing i miss from the 360 days is solid servers, PSN has always been crap, even when it's up just loading anything from the friends lists to the shop, it's just slow as **** and with any popular you're guaranteed the servers going down without fail.. in fact that's the only thing PSN can be counted on to do.
                          I'm not sure if it's rose tints, but I remember 360 Live being rock-solid too.

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                          I started my game last night at 11pm once everyone was in bed... Fell asleep at the weapon select screen. Oops...

What weapon is good for a noob like me? I was looking at sword and shield. Dunno though, too much choice! Game looks excellent on the Xbox X and I went with prioritise resolution. I'm sure digital foundry will tell me I was stupid for doing that in due course.
                          I hope you've caught up on your sleep!
                          I'm a n00b and am currently enjoying the Long Sword (not a Great Sword). Plenty of reach and speed, but no guard. They've all got their pros and cons. I think guns could be promising once you have access to the upgrade materials because you can make poison, blast, sleep etc coatings.

Ultimately, you're not tied to one weapon, so you can try all of them out in the practice area (accessed via your bedroom - speak to the cat/landlord), take them into the field and see if you're having fun with them and then start upgrading them. As long as you're having fun, that's all that matters as there's no "perfect" weapon.

A couple of links you might find useful:
                          A list of all Monster Hunter World weapon types and combos, including how to decide on the best weapon type for you and all Iceborne weapon changes explained, i

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                          i need an intervention, im at 35 hours already.. couldn't stop
                          Oh yes, it's definitely getting its teeth into me!

Unlike you, you animal, I'm really early doors. I couldn't join Kryss as I was still HR 2 (Hunter Rank). Struggled taking down the pukei-pukei on my own whilst PSN was down.

Well, I've finished that mission now (with a silent random) and the next mission with a couple of talking randoms, then went back and did a expedition to kill a Great Jagra with my friend IRL in a private session. It's a lot easier once you've started upgrading your weapons! The small jagras are one-hitters now.

Apologies if you know this, but there's so much going on but after each hunt, speak to two two research groups on the ground floor. One with a chain scoop behind them and one with a load of books behind them. The first group give you a selection of challenges like find 3 bone piles or 6 bone piles. If you tick them both and find six bone piles, you accomplish both challenges and get a small reward like XP, armour shell and items. The book guys reward you for finding out info about the monsters. You can be mooching around, chasing the tracks and investigating mushrooms or bugs on the way and by the time the hunt is over, you've got a load of extra rewards waiting for you.

My other tip is the smithy won't upgrade your weapons if you're not carrying them.

I'm currently rocking the Bone Shotel II long sword, but I've no idea what or where I need to upgrade it further as they're all "???", so I'm going to look at the Wiki ready for tonight:
                          Bone Shotel is a Long Sword in Monster Hunter World (MHW). How to craft Bone Shotel, where to find materials, and skill details.

I'm loving this. It's right up my street. I'm thinking about it when I'm not playing and the time evaporates when I do play it. I'm really glad I bought it.

Comment

??? just mean you haven't found the item in the game yet.
                            You're almost ready to start looking at elemental advantages, but don't forget to forge new armour and upgrade it when you can - get that def up!

Comment

Oh mate, it's deffo got its claws in me.
                              I'm looking at ways to upgrade my weapons and, as you say, add some elemental damage.

I think I'll boost the Iron Katana first to make it First Dance I, which can be done by caning that stone-throwing chicken.
                              Then I'll open some new areas to find some more materials.

Some stuff to make my bone sword a flame weapon is from that furry T-Rex, the Anjanath.
                              Has anyone managed to take one of those down, yet, as it was instakilling me when I ran into one at the start.

Comment

There currently only two types of weapon I can have forged. Iron and bone. Do I get more options when I find other particular materials? At the moment I'm just upgrading my Great Sword down the Bone tree.

Comment

Working...
                                X