Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
    and a change in pelico back to healing from flash/trap which didn't work
    Wait, you can change your Palico setup? Mine heals me alot, how do you make them do other things? Good idea with the trail cats!

Comment

Couldn't make the character select work to my disadvantage, so I've decided to go female and gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
        Wait, you can change your Palico setup? Mine heals me alot, how do you make them do other things? Good idea with the trail cats!
        optional quests you can take from the town "!" givers or given out to you on the field expeditions always give up some sort of upgrade, you may already have it, go in to the pelico setup and have a look. I can't remember which quest it was doing but noticed it after doing the 1st two trail riders quests and clearing out all 3 star optionals, at least the option ones tell you the the type of reward (personal equip, botist upgrade, pelico stuff, canteen)

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          Thanks QChimp. Where is all the ore stored? I keep finding stone on my travels but always have 20/20 on me. I looked to store it in the box but I couldn't see any in my pouch.
          I think the pouch only keeps items that you can ACTUALLY use in the field. I had been wondering this too.
          The slinger can only hold one type of ammo (like stone), but the ones that show up as upside-down tridents are stored in your pouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            You would probably have to recruit them or get them from DLC, which is how you got it the other way.

Comment

So, I haven’t played a Monster Hunter game since the original on PS2. Looks like they forgot to update the graphics!

Comment

Say what?

Several times I've been hit with how beautiful the game is. I was running around the hub and stopped in my tracks as I climbed the stairs and I had a view of the ocean as the sun set and waves crashed against the rocks. Last night I was up a massive tree and I shot the pterodactyl things and hitched a ride (circle) and got some great views of the forest.
                EDIT: I am playing on a Pro.

Anyway, had a decent session last night. Helped a couple of people with their earlier quests, then I found @Riskbreaker milling around! Him and @elaniel were my main go-to guys on Lost Planet 2 co-op.
                I joined his mission where we had to transport a couple of eggs back to base but there's a Rathian defending them. I jumped in after he'd pretty much finished it and we then had to transport the eggs.
                I dropped my egg when I held stamina to long and he decided to carry the egg to the furthest possible camp. Numpties.

Then we did my Anjanath mission. Failed the first time, when it was riiiight at the end, but scraped through the second time. I'm glad he was there to carry me through it!

I'm loving how there's so much to do. I also did my first capture mission.
                I still feel underpowered, though and want to feel like my weapons are actually doing something.
                Crafted a Hard Bone (snigger) sword that does more damage, so I'll try that for a bit, but I might try something else soon.
                Last edited by QualityChimp; 31-01-2018, 08:20.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  So, I haven’t played a Monster Hunter game since the original on PS2. Looks like they forgot to update the graphics!
                  ???????

Maybe you need to upgrade to a PS4 pro?

Comment

Absolutely in love with this. It's scratching all of the classic Monster Hunter itches, but it's loaded with so many lovely QoL upgrades and feels super modern now with its fancy graphics, seamless maps, functional MP and so on... it's a wonderful move to push the series into the mainstream and it's not done at the expense of any of its depth, either.

Have leaned on some more time-rich buddies to see me through some of the urgent quests, but now starting to spend a bit more time gearing up, getting canteen ingredients, clearing bounties and so on. My only bugbear when weighing it up against past games is that there's no longer any opportunity for portable play, which is made all the more painful by my commute through town currently having ads for the game all over the shop. Bah!

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    Ban the troll!

Comment

So I’m enjoying this, but I fear I may get... bored?

I seem to be doing the same things killing the same monsters. Maybe it’s because I’m doing the investigations and there seems to be millions- maybe I should be focusing on the main quest? So far I’ve just gotten to the second area. I removed some
                      boredom by switching to great sword with I did enjoy. I seem to be stuck on th upgrades tree and haven’t had new armour/weapon in a while so maybe that’s it.

I’m loving it in principal, there’s just so much going on that as a newcomer I’m overwhelmed, and end up doing the same things.

Any advice?

Comment

The online hub is day time at night and night time in the days here. Just an observation. Maybe there should be an option for EU to swap.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                          So I’m enjoying this, but I fear I may get... bored?

I seem to be doing the same things killing the same monsters. Maybe it’s because I’m doing the investigations and there seems to be millions- maybe I should be focusing on the main quest? So far I’ve just gotten to the second area. I removed some
                          boredom by switching to great sword with I did enjoy. I seem to be stuck on th upgrades tree and haven’t had new armour/weapon in a while so maybe that’s it.

I’m loving it in principal, there’s just so much going on that as a newcomer I’m overwhelmed, and end up doing the same things.

Any advice?
                          Advance the story don't do all the investigations, the investigations fill up constantly and are there for you to cherry pick and to help you farm items that you need. If your just doing them for the sake of doing them your in for a bad time as they constantly just fill up with new ones and there always at your current level. The first few bits of story take you though killing the first few monsters, and once you've done this you can start crafting new gear and weapons.

This is where the game should get its hooks into you as its all about getting strong enough to take down the next big thing and so on and so on. if a monster is taking off 90% of your health with one hit, your not ready to take it on yet, kill some lower level stuff get there Armour set get your defense up and go back and kick its arse.

Spec your self up for a fight too, mega nutrients up your energy bar, and always have a meal, my go to meal is the fish one that ups your defense to medium as well, anything that ups your defense is a god send when learning monsters attacks as it lets you make the odd mistake when fighting them.
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 31-01-2018, 10:38.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            The online hub is day time at night and night time in the days here. Just an observation. Maybe there should be an option for EU to swap.
                            Eh? It cycles, but it's not real time.
                            If you hang around long enough, you'll see the sun set, the moon rise and then the sun rise again.

I've definitely been there in day and night time and watched the sun set or seen the moon move across the sky.

In-mission, some of the animals act differently at night and it varies the time of day you do them. No idea what the time scale is though.

Comment

Must have been a coincidence lol.

Just started cultivating Might Seeds which go for 140z a pop. I'm gonna be the richest in the whole dinosaur forest.

Comment

Ps2 is maybe an exaggeration early 360 game is perhaps more fitting, it looks like lost planet.
                                I’m playing on the X, can’t decide which graphics mode I prefer, resolution mode looks nice but makes it easier to see the blurry low res textures, graphics mode adds loads of extra shadow and framerate mode gives it a framerate of some sort.

I think my biggest annoyance is that the HDR mode is totally broken (it’s the same on PS4 too apparently), that really ruins everything. I suppose it makes a change from the black crush.
                                HDR

SDR
                                Last edited by EvilBoris; 31-01-2018, 11:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X