No announcement yet.

Beyond Good and Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BG&E seems to be selling okay on the XBox and Cube in Europe. It's currently sitting at No 7 in the HMV chart ahead of Sonic Heroes, so you never know.

Comment

Does anyone know if they are selling a soundtrack to this game? I can't find one, but I'd certainly buy it. Great music.

Comment

Might have to do with the fact it's ?20/30 Euros Brats
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

True, but if enough units sell then they might consider a sequel. Get the franchise known, get gamers to appreciate it and charge full price for the anticipated sequel.

Comment

Glad to see all you guys enjoying it.

Game of the year so far, for me.

Loved every moment of it.

Comment

I had a quick bash on this at HMV the other day and I was struck by the visual style. Very nice.

I love Ubisoft more by the moment....

Comment

completed this last night and was captivated from beginning to end

very very nice game all the way through great visuals great art style

thoroughly enjoyable and a bargain at ?20

if you any interest at all in third person adventure zelda like games get ti now!

Comment

I finished this a few hours ago, and I enjoyed it from start to finish. Perhaps more than anything else, what really sticks out for me is the amazingly slick production values. Everything is so classy, yet the developers haven't overused an idea to the point of it not being welcome. The use of slowmotion for example is superb, and the best I've ever seen in a game, and because it isn't used often it really feels special every time it kicks in.

The acting, voices and general characters are also first rate, while the music is up there with the best I've ever heard. The atmosphere created when you take a special photo, when the music kicks in and you receive emails and special news reports - it's just so satisfying. The music is so well fitted in the game that every time it kicked in I felt like I had really achieved something, not in the game, but for the people within the game...

Though this is a classy game, the feeling that over 50% of it is missing is sadly present. The main story is far too obvious and the adventure is too restrictive to feel epic.

Still, this is a great game that is highly recommended. A sequel, though perhaps unlikely, would be more than welcome.

Comment

Been playing this on and off for a month now and I am at the final boss battle.It is really infuriating but then I know I will have another go at it tomorrow and hopefully finish it.

I have to agree with this being one of the games of the year.The production values are slick and the game is always enjoyable.The attention to detail is spot on and it really is just sdo much fun to play.Something which seems to be lacking in many of the games that I have.

After I finish this its straight onto Prince of Persia which has remained unplayed for some time now.

Comment

Yeah, the final battled wasn't much fun. I was alright until the controls switched. I had to do it twice, and was damn near out of health when I finally got him/her/it. Very nice.

And, like you, I still need to finish Prince Of Persia, which has taken a backseat while I play through KOTOR again. In PoP I was at the mirror section.

Comment

I know some people have compared the mix in styles with EON, and after having just played EON and now just got into the Slaughterhouse, this game blends the genres so much better. Also, re the Wind Waker comments, I can't help but wish WW's hub was more like this but on a bigger scale, although I agree in general WW is the more epic, but the game is amazingly well-designed only one or two camera spots are bad, and everything else is flawless - literally no frustration.

Comment

Is it me or does one of the Bakuda Bar [and race] songs repeatedly say "Buddy Holly"? And another 'Propaganda'?

And just playing the stealth section of the Slaughterhouse (and I missed one room, and then the doors locked and now I can never get back there to see what was there )... why hasn't anyone made a Star Wars sneak 'em up... set on the Death Star, like the middle section of A New Hope? OMG that would pwn.

Edited (instead of a new post) to add: Anyone know where I can get an OST for this game? If not, can anyone get hold of the music files from their PC version or is it in an in-house file format? Cheers.

Comment

After a few hours of playing this, I was starting to get into it. But... I should have been using multiple save points because the game has just screwed me over. My partner in crime, HH pressed a button for me to reach a tunnel high up via a raising platform in the slaughterhouse surveilance room. He said "I'll wait here and cover your back". Upon returning to the room later to find him, he's not there, but he talks to me. If I jump back in the hovercraft and go to a different area, he talks to me there as well. Except he's not jumping in and out of the craft and following me around etc. I can't progress in the game because of this (he's meant to be helping me open a door, but he's not bloody there. Gah. I could start again I suppose. Dammit. So moral is, multiple save points peeps!

Comment

That happened to me a couple of times....he will have fallen down a platform and be floating in mid air somewhere unreachable.

Bugs eh?

Comment

Cheers for the tip off!

*Backs up save file*

Comment

Working...
                                X