Beyond Good and Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or it may be just to leave the story open for a sequel

(which probably wont happen anyway as the game bombed)

Comment

That's probably the case.

What's heartbreaking though is Ancel's interview in EDGE a few months back. The team behind Beyond Good & Evil completely redesigned the way the game played after almost completing it, especially when they saw ICO bomb at retail. I bet they wish they hadn't bothered with all the hassle now, after seeing such a change in direction hasn't really made that much of a difference commerically.

It's a shame, but then again, I'd hate for Beyond Good & Evil to turn into a franchise like Rayman. I think the game has too much individual personality to deserve being constantly whored out year after year.

Comment

I'm back to this game again, must finish it this week. I've finished the slaughterhouse section now and last thing I did was win another pearl of Francis in the air-hockey style game. Jade's laugh after she wins the pearl off him is pure evil

Comment

Probably because that air-hockey thing is a bitch of a game - any tips for us crap people that havent gotten those pearls off Francis yet?

The team behind Beyond Good & Evil completely redesigned the way the game played after almost completing it
          Wow thats interesting news. So did he mention what it was like before? or what changes got made?

Comment

I would copy the passage out to you from the interview, but I guess it could be considered as a form of plagiarism if I did.

In an nutshell, Ancel states that he was relieved to see ICO being developed at the same time as Beyond Good & Evil, as he saw it similar to the game's initial concept. Originally, there was no fighting in it and you were partnered with another character who could act independently from you, and perform actions you wouldn't expect. Yet, when the team witnessed ICO's commercial failure, they decided to change their original vision, and asked Ubisoft for another year and a half to redesign the game.

Comment

Need a little help if anybody can.

Currently at the Slaughter House and I've taken two of the three pictures.
              I've got "Human Traffic" and "Domz Sarcophagi" and have my game saved in the East Wing. From the FAQ's I've seen on the internet, that Domz one was supposed to be the last picture so I've obviously missed one along the way.

Any idea of what I roughly need to do to get the remaining picture?

Quality game though, really enjoying it now.

Comment

bowser you need the-

Originally posted by spoiler
                spaceships picture to go any further

Comment

Thank's for the help via PM and here mt50, realised I have that picture!

The bit I think I'm stuck on is in The Surveillance Room section:

After the Surveillance Room is the Trolley Entrance. I have pushed the block with HH and there is a blue electrical field stopping my progress. When I approach the electricity beam HH informs me, through a cut-scene, that there's a passageway high up above.
                  I can't take out the electrical field from where I am because the enemy is on the other side of it thus stopping me from pushing him into it and creating the passage.
                  Any idea as what to do next?

Comment

Go back outside and look up... see anything familiar

Comment

Oh dear, how blind am I?
                      Dunno how I missed that, think this thread was made for me.

Cheers for the help.

Comment

Glad to be of help!

Comment

Ok, I'm not really enjoying this as much as I thought I would - so far there hasn't been much that's excited me; I guess I'm finding it a little too slow paced at the moment, although I don't think I'm that far in -
                          I'm in the Factory & Pig-man has just been kidnapped; now I've gone all Solid Jade
                          Does the pace pick up after this bit? If so, I'll hang in there

Comment

Charlie, if you're looking for a fast-paced actioneer, I think you'll be disappointed. This isn't MGS. It has some fun action moments, but nothing too fast or hectic.

Then again, that's what I love about it, so for me it's all good.

Comment

I suppose the crux of the problem is that I'm not really finding the story that interesting, which is making the rest of the game seem like slow-going; I need some intrigue - tell me there's more intrigue just round the corner?

Comment

Erm, sorta, though the obviousness of the Alpha Section not exactly being good guys won't prove to be that great a shock. But, I will say that I think the story does improve as you go along.

Comment

Working...
                                X