No announcement yet.

Beyond Good and Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine arrived this morning, but I was still asleep from my stupid PoP session. I popped it in my GC when I woke up (works perfectly with Freeloader 1.04, btw) and was very impressed.
    It's very solid, and very slick, on about the same level as PoP.
    For some reason it reminds me of Jak & Daxter without a jump button... maybe it's the bright colours and almost cartoony characters.
    *thumbs up*

Comment

I got through the post today for my xbox, is it just my setup or does everyone elses xbox version have huge black borders? I most likely buy the PAL copy if it gets released as it really bugging me.

Comment

The game is purposely like that.

Regards
        Marty

Comment

The game is presented letterboxed at about 1.85:1 (I think) for the same reason movies are. It's for composition. (What does bug me there is that there is no anamorphic widescreen mode so I have to stretch the video signal for my widescreen TV.)

Comment

Is it worth getting for the Xbox? Is it already out on PAL?

Comment

The PAL version comes out sometime in Feburary, I think.

Comment

Anyone know what the internet passwords do?

Comment

Picked this up cheap at the weekend, it's quite enoyable for a game with so much stealth bits, in fact I hadn't enjoyed stealth since MGS2 until I played BG&E.

It certainly looks and sounds nice, I would compare it to Zelda:WW except I'm enjoying this more. The only thing I can complain about so far is the slowness of the manual camera, it's a bit awkward sometimes. It mightn't actually do much new stuff but it plays well and has plenty of style.

Just finished the factory section now, I like the way you can do the main missions and then just race or explore for a bit.

Comment

Go to the official BG&E website, and you can log into this Darkroom place. I think in there you get to use your code.

Comment

Ack! major bug/crash, onthe hover select in the slaughter house, just after u have to lead those homing mines into the floating gun turrets, there small passage way with 2 float mines, shooting the 2nd one, causes the game screen go mud coloured, showing nothing but the health bar and it slows the game down to

I gonna trying avoiding or raming the mine next time.

Comment

I can't say I noticed any crash bugs whilst I was playing this, and as I reviewed it I was rincing it. What format are you playing it on?

Regards
                        Marty

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                          Ack! major bug/crash, onthe hover select in the slaughter house, just after u have to lead those homing mines into the floating gun turrets, there small passage way with 2 float mines, shooting the 2nd one, causes the game screen go mud coloured, showing nothing but the health bar and it slows the game down to

I gonna trying avoiding or raming the mine next time.
                          Same thing happened to me the other day, just make sure you use the floating crate nearby to clear a way. I'm playin the US XBox version. Basically the camera had a fit and was trying to show through something which was beige/mud coloured. You could hear Jade still walking about when you controlled her but 'cos you have to do something sort of fiddly after docking, can't remember what exactly, you ain't gonna pull it off without seeing her. It didn't actually crash just gave you a duff view per se. I got mad for a minute or two then just went back to my last save and continued.

It's an odd one BG&E. It's got that, imo, dreamlike quality to it which Ubi's other release, PoP, had. Most enjoyable and none too taxing. I just like some of the style and touches, really draws you in. The haunting piano is great for that mood change, the dialogue is amusing in places and some of the visuals are lovely in a sort of painted cartoon way, damn I can't describe it properly. I think the widescreen format also enhances the visuals no end 'cos yr looking at it in a different way.

Anyway enough, I've just got the spaceship and am on a hunt for more pearls for that essential purchase...

Comment

I had this yesterday and i'm about 6 hours in.
                            All in all i'm very impressed with the GCN version. So far it's much more enjoyable than Zelda WW, but maybe that's becaus it's fresh and not an update. I'm enjoying this more than POP. For ?15 from Canada it's an absolute bargain. Lets hope it stays fun all the way through.

Comment

I have to say, for a game that the press were claming paralleled Zelda, this game is pretty poor.

Taken on it's own merits it's mildly enjoyable. I played through to the final boss fight in the space of 12 hours. I can't be bothered to finish it though. The environments don't feel as expansive as those of any of the Zelda games have to offer. Story doesn't even compare. I couldn't immerse myself in this game at all.

The genre hoping kind of works, but I'm not completely convinced.

Comment

That's a shame because i'm findig this game lovely. The most fun i've had in ages. Forget Zelda, taken on it's own merits it's a good game, not outstanding or amazing but a very well designed game. I'm finding the story, locations, enemies all good at the moment. It may change towards the end but i can't see it. Again all comes down to preferance. I thought Zelda WW was a good game, wondeful visuals and nice touches but it felt the same as the rest and maybe familiarity bred my contempt.

Comment

Working...
                                X