No announcement yet.

Beyond Good and Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to Best Buy today and found that they have Beyond Good And Evil for the Xbox for only $19.99. I don't know if that price is also for the other formats, but I would imagine that it is. Anyway, I couldn't pass that up. What a steal! Ubisoft has no faith in this title whatsoever, and that is a damn shame...

I'll post my impressions after I've given it a good playthrough.

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
      Ubisoft has no faith in this title whatsoever, and that is a damn shame...
      Not quite. Ubisoft gave the title a pretty good push but this and PoP have hardly sold at all. We're talking 50,000 copies tops per console. Therefore they had no choice but to drop the price.

It is $19.99 on all formats by the sounds of things, although EB USA have stopped selling the Cube version.

Comment

Ubisoft have stated that Prince Of Persia and Beyond Good & Evil will still be released on PAL Xbox and GC:

I'm thoroughly enjoying Beyond Good & Evil on PAL PS2 at the moment. To begin with the whole widescreen only thing pissed me off, but it's a testament to the game's quality that you really don't notice it after a short while (ditto for the slowdown).

The game was obviously inspired a fair bit by Zelda, but actually what it really reminds me of is Little Big Adventure - it has the same sense of unique style, and a world that draws you in with characters you actually like and care about. Plus of course it's French as well.

For what it's worth, Michel Ancel has said that the Gamecube version is his favourite, and closest to his vision. Although he probably said that to a Nintendo site...

I'm not really surprised that the game hasn't sold that well, as it hasn't been massively promoted and doesn't have an obvious "hook" to grab people's attention. As long as it doesn't get discontinued, however, with any luck it should continue to sell as word of mouth gradually spreads.

Comment

For anyone interested, www.dvdsoon.com in Canada are listing the US XBox version as On Hand (in stock) at the mo for CAD $43.98 - with the cheapest shipping, it works out as just under ?21.

Comment

PS2 BEYOND GOOD & EVIL $250,633 5096

Thats the u.s sales for November, it didn't launch on the other formats until December.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel
              For anyone interested, www.dvdsoon.com in Canada are listing the US XBox version as On Hand (in stock) at the mo for CAD $43.98 - with the cheapest shipping, it works out as just under ?21.
              Excellent news, now can anybody vouch for them, safe, reliable etc?

Does a search, finds clarification, goes and orders...sees offer from JRM and changes order

Comment

Originally posted by Len
                Excellent news, now can anybody vouch for them, safe, reliable etc?

They're Canadian for Christ sake, of course they're safe and reliable.

Best customer service in the world.

Comment

The damn cat knocked over the PS2 tonight and scratched the disk. Glad it still cheap to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by macosx!
                    The damn cat knocked over the PS2 tonight and scratched the disk. Glad it still cheap to replace.
                    Obviously your PS2 provoked the cat, tbh.

Comment

Obviously your PS2 provoked the cat, tbh.
                      That bloody emotion engine again...

Comment

Originally posted by Len
                        Don't suppose some kind soul would care to pick me up an xbox copy and post it over, all expenses paid of course...?
                        Did you ever get anyone to send you a US Xbox copy? If not, send me the money through PayPal, and I'll do it. I want to get this game into as many hands as possible.

The Best Game No One Played - 2003

Comment

Did you ever get anyone to send you a US Xbox copy? If not, send me the money through PayPal, and I'll do it. I want to get this game into as many hands as possible.
                          Sounds good to me...

Comment

Didn't see the Cube version on your travels did you?

I can get it for 30 English Pounds on DVDBoxOffice but would love to pick it up for ?15.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
                              Didn't see the Cube version on your travels did you?

I can get it for 30 English Pounds on DVDBoxOffice but would love to pick it up for ?15.
                              I'm sure I can go and get it too, though I'm not 100% that they'll have one. Want me to look around? And if I find one, do you want it? I don't want to buy it only to find out you got one somewhere else. If you want it, and I find one, I'll be more than happy to pick it up for you here in the States.

Comment

Working on the theory it is $19.99, how much packaging would I need to pay you? I'll work out the moneys and then give you a yes or no

Cheers mate!

PS/ PayPal, I don't have to pay anything to pay you via visa on that do I?

Comment

Working...
                                X