No announcement yet.

Beyond Good and Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But there still isn't an official statement from Ubisoft, right? As a friend of mine is in the States until january 6th, I hope it will be made clear very soon. If the games are cancelled, he can bring along those games (including Splinter Cell).

Comment

Originally posted by npg
      I'm beginning to dislike the controls on the PC version and I wish I had gone with the Gamecube version instead.

I wasn't aware that the option of playing with a gamepad had been excluded for some bizarre reason or another. Its pathetic really
      What's wrong with them? I'm leaning towards the PC version but if the controls suck I might get it on the Cube instead .

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
        Originally posted by npg
        I'm beginning to dislike the controls on the PC version and I wish I had gone with the Gamecube version instead.

I wasn't aware that the option of playing with a gamepad had been excluded for some bizarre reason or another. Its pathetic really
        What's wrong with them? I'm leaning towards the PC version but if the controls suck I might get it on the Cube instead .
        No joystick...you have top play it with the keyboard and mouse...and that suckz

Comment

So mouse tilts the view and keyboard makes Jade (??) move? I can live with that... For something like PoP it's a nightmare but BG&E's pace seems much, much slower.

Correct me if I'm wrong though!

Comment

Yes, it is generally slower than POP. There is some combat which I imagine may be trick with a mouse & keyboard, but it is mainly stealthy manouveres. I got the GC version and there is a bit of slowdown but it is vary rare and doesn't detract from the game. One strange thing is that the box states it uses 20 blocks for a save, yet checking my memory card it is using 55!?!?!

I know its a good game when I sit down to have a quick go and 3 hours later I am still playing it. This & Mario Kart Double Dash have kept me entertained over the Christmas period.

Highly recommended.

Comment

What's putting me off the GC version is the lack of progressive scan... it sounds a little snobby but one you try progressive you can't go back.

I guess I'll grin an bear it though, it does sound like the PC version would be a bit of a pain in the arse to control... thanks for the info guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
                What's putting me off the GC version is the lack of progressive scan... it sounds a little snobby but one you try progressive you can't go back.

I guess I'll grin an bear it though, it does sound like the PC version would be a bit of a pain in the arse to control... thanks for the info guys!
                Not snobbish at all. Infact I agree with you and its one of the main reasons I went with the PC version so that I could play it at 1600x1200 which more than makes up for the lack of progressive scan. I have to say that it looks jawdropping at this resolution but the controls are sucky sucky sucky.

I suppose some might be able to cope and put up with an erratic camera that doesn't always follow the main character from behind, so you end up gettind disorientated and in my case, motion sickness particularly during battles. With the letterbox format it only adds to the frustration and obscures the view even further.

There's also these racing segments where nothing but a gamepad will do otherwise you'll find yourself reloading the level as you attempt to steer your craft using the keyboard and mouse which doesn't work when your flying along at insane speeds. I managed but only just.

Aargh! ****ing UBIsoft include a gamepad option in Prince of Persia but this was obviously rushed out the door with consoles in mind.

Bah.

Comment

Circuit City in the states is selling the PS2 version for 10.00. Unfortunately they are sold out. EB still has it for 20.00. I figure they should price match it pretty quick though.

Comment

Yeah, I just saw that over at Gamespot. Thats not a good sign and hopes of a sequel are looking increasingly unlikely by the looks of it.

Comment

Shame this game didn't get a good outing. I'm really impressed so far, really well realised and immersive environments and stunning productions values.

Maybe just released at the wrong time of year and needed a big TV ad push to get the propostion home. The whole female lead character is a bit Jaded now (sorry !), and isn't enough of a hook to sell the game to the common punter when if you come to play it it is so much more than the marketing and first impressons show.

Comment

Originally posted by npg
                        Not snobbish at all. Infact I agree with you and its one of the main reasons I went with the PC version so that I could play it at 1600x1200 which ... [snip]

Bah.
                        Glad to hear that other people let these issues have a serious impact on their purchasing decisions!

One thing though...

" I went with the PC version so that I could play it at 1600x1200 which more than makes up for the lack of progressive scan."

I'm pretty sure PC displays always update a full screen image rather than an interlaced one.

Comment

Originally posted by Che Musashi
                          Circuit City in the states is selling the PS2 version for 10.00. Unfortunately they are sold out. EB still has it for 20.00. I figure they should price match it pretty quick though.
                          I bloody well hope so as all the ppl who ship to the UK that I've looked at have it at full whack at the mo. After finishing PoP it's really piqued my interest and at that price you can't go wrong.

Don't suppose some kind soul would care to pick me up an xbox copy and post it over, all expenses paid of course...?

Comment

Snagged a copy in GAMEs sale yesterday and although I've only just scratched the surface (just getting my hovercraft fixed atm) I'm bowled over by the level of immersion, especially at such an early stage of the game. Hate to say it but I would have probably let this slip past the radar if you guys hadn't been bigging it up. Cheers fellas

Comment

Damn it. Everytime I read this thread, it also makes me want Beyond Good & Evil more. ><

Come on Ubisoft. Get the Xbox version out quickly... Please...

I know if I pick up the PS2 version I'll only be trading it in for copy on a different console in a few weeks, so there's little point in buying it right now. That's what I keep telling myself.

Comment

Alright, now thats 4 times the game has frozen on me while I'm taking a picture using the camera. Grr.. ft:

Again, let me re-iterate, avoid the PC version like the plague, not only because of the controls but especially if your prone to motion sickness. I nearly threw up yesterday after playing for just a few hours and my advice to you all is to be sensible and play it on a telly at least 10 feet away, instead of puking all over your monitor.

I'm quite far into the game and its good but not great and by no means a Zelda beater like the over enthusiastic fanboys at IGN claimed. Not even close infact. Woopee, just because the world has a central village hub and a few NPC's you can talk to and some hide and sneak missions, that does not suddenly make it better than Windwaker.

Funny how every other ****ing game these days is compared to Zelda no matter how trivial the comparison. I think people seem to easily forget just how unique the whole Zelda universe is or maybe its just cool to see Nintendo as the has beens.

Comment

Working...
                                X