No announcement yet.

Beyond Good and Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends how long you took for a "look" really. If you didn't get sucked in after about an hour then I wouldn't bother carrying on, however if you just saw it briefly in a shop or played just a few minutes, then give it another try.

Personally I really enjoyed how well produced and presented the game was, especially the incredible music and surprisingly epic set-pieces. It isn't a world-beating, genre-defining game; just a well developed one that just begs to be played.

Comment

I read through the 5 pages on this game here, and still managed to learn absolutely nothing about it (eg, what it IS)

Just had a very brief look on IGN and it looks like some kind of Tomb Raider thang. The screenshots looked abysmal.

Time will tell.

Comment

It's a third person adventure, like Zelda.

The game is very impressive to look at, though this comes more from the excellent presentation that technically strong graphics (though they are fairly strong too at times).

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
          I read through the 5 pages on this game here, and still managed to learn absolutely nothing about it (eg, what it IS)

Just had a very brief look on IGN and it looks like some kind of Tomb Raider thang. The screenshots looked abysmal.

Time will tell.
          It is a first person action adventure game in which you play Jade, a freelance photographer, who lives on a planet that is getting attacked everyday from an alien menace. Using your trusty camera, and a stick for combat, you have to navigate your way through her world and beyond to discover the exact nature of these attacks, and then report back to the people what is really going in, which of course is not what you think at first. Along the way you are also trying to capture pictures of various lifeforms and collect all of the pearls which can be used as currency. You'll drive a variety of vehicles, aquire all sorts of items, fight, sneak, snap pictures, and generally bust your ass to discover the truth. It is a platform game, but without the endless jumping. It is also a third person adventure game. And, it has elements of squad-based gaming since on occasion you have people who help you out. Think of it as a futuristic Zelda from the genius who brought us Rayman.

I hope that helps.

Comment

I tell you waht JRM stick that post on the back of the box and myabe UBisoft will sell a few more copies. Says a lot more than a pic of a bird with a big stick

Comment

You've got me drooling over this now...
              How's the US GC version on a Freeloader? Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

just a quick find, its ?12 on all formats on www.videogamesplus.ca
                just ordered mine hope its as good as everyone says it is although you can't go wrong for that price (us versions only)

Comment

thankyou for the heads up

Comment

I am also interested in knowing whether it will work with Freeloader aswell. Does anyone know?

Comment

let me 2nd the heads up freelancepolice. I've got loads of games to get through but at that price it's worth buying and when i finish the rest of my games (around september time) i slap that into my Q.

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice
                        just a quick find, its ?12 on all formats on www.videogamesplus.ca
                        just ordered mine hope its as good as everyone says it is although you can't go wrong for that price (us versions only)
                        I believe its only Xbox and PS2 versions. I couldn't find GC.

Comment

npg, same for me yesterday but now the GC version is there and i've ordered it. Go man Go.

Comment

Im an idiot. I couldnt resist it so iv ordered an xbox version and the gamecube version. It totals just under ?30 which is absolutely unbelievable. Interesting to see the gc version is out of stock aswell. Popular choice eh?

Comment

Originally posted by npg
                              I believe its only Xbox and PS2 versions. I couldn't find GC.
                              I ordered a copy for my GC from their last wednesday and received it this morning. Not bad at all for 13 notes.

Comment

Originally posted by ukplumber
                                npg, same for me yesterday but now the GC version is there and i've ordered it. Go man Go.
                                Ah good, I'll place an order then. Thanks for that. I've played the PC version but the godawful controls hampered most of the fun that I knew I should have been having with this game.

Shame that it doesn't support progressive scan though and it makes me wonder why Michel Ancel, the creator would think its the best version of the bunch, as confirmed by Gamepspy.

Oh well for ?12, who gives a ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X