Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I’ve just realised the drinks machines can be customised too. You can even put your own design on them.
    wait? whaaat? i had no idea.

Comment

*goes off to customise all the vending machines he has*

Comment

I have enough scorpions and cardboard boxes now to make a maze.

Comment

Is the only way to get more bamboo going to mystery islands and hoping for the best?

Really wishing there was an easy way to dispose of flowers. They’re actually my biggest obstacle to doing up my town right now. Flowers everywhere and they have to be dug up and moved or sold. They can’t even be stored.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Is the only way to get more bamboo going to mystery islands and hoping for the best?

Really wishing there was an easy way to dispose of flowers. They’re actually my biggest obstacle to doing up my town right now. Flowers everywhere and they have to be dug up and moved or sold. They can’t even be stored.
            wheelie bin near the offending flower mass, bin the masses of unwanted colours i have them all over my island as most flowers are worth next to nothing and certainly not worth the trip to nooks to sell them. Totally decimated my forest of fruit this morning it has given me stacks of loads of materials but i have to be careful to save the fruit as if i sell it i'm gonna have to start asking for all the non native fruits again lol. In fact think i'm gonna shove some in my storage as a seeding population again, thank god fruits don't go bad.

as for bamboo for the most part yes you are gonna have to rely on the islands of disappointment to get more bamboo but i have heard that daisy mae also gives you bamboo shoots sometimes if you buy a lot of nips from her.

Comment

Daisy Mae sends you bamboo shoots. 1 bamboo grows 1 extra shoot, so growing a forest takes time but is possible. I had to cover the floor in patterns in New Leaf as they spawned too many shoots. I'd like some balance between than and this but oh well.
              I have some bamboo you can dig up if you want to come over, Dogg.

Comment

Today done another small section of the town the fruit juice bar and the town fountain, does anyone have the variant fountain that has the water that lights up? as i could have sworn i saw it in someones youtube video and i didn't just imagine it lol. The one i have doesn't light up but you can customize the stone colour.

Juice bar, i finally get to use the fruit boxes hehe

town fountain, well one of them. This one is the flower fountain as it's shaped like a flower and the petals also have flowers inside and then actually decorated with flowers. Floweception lol.

It would look perfect if i could find the nook miles town fountain that has lit up water

Comment

Err wtf?

picture may have been doctored, nobody is THAT lucky

Comment

We could turn that into the new AC fake flex. I'll fake a pic later too.

Comment

I was gonna add 3 layers of golds around it for even more amusement but that would look totally fake. This one is almost plausable if the RNG totally freaked out

Comment

Your town looks gorgeous [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] . A real sense of space too. I’m currently trying to move things around for another phase of island construction and I feel like I’m running out of space due to previous poor planning. Actually, I was on an island the other night that was the best I’ve seen so far. Totally packed but it felt like about three islands in one and it was a real journey getting around it. So many different ideas. Some people are doing amazing things.

But me? I just can’t find anywhere to put Billy’s house.

Comment

placing houses is tricky as the river and cliffs make a lot of spaces not very useful to shove a house in. I looked at the town map to see where the biggest spaces were and tried to slot a house in there.

Funnily enough just adding those 2 parts was enough to send my town to a 5 star ranking i was going through my town and was shocked to see a lily of the valley flower just sat there i had no idea i'd already reached a 5 star ranking as i was led to believe you had to have stuff in every acre of your town which i certainly don't but there must be enough on the part i have done so far it's counting for all of it. Now have a gold can recipe so i can keep abusing those black roses for more golds. Removed the fountain and placed stonehenge instead in the middle as it looked better making stone arches for the entrances to the fountain area but need 90 stone for each so it's gonna take a while. Trying to use some of the event items as i go as i want to use all the seashell stuff somewhere in my town, i'm going for a more laid back cosy look than trying to turn mine into some dense city. Mostly working with the islands original shape with not too much cliff terraforming.

Comment

Me too. All my paths are sand.

Comment

I've been adding stuff everywhere and still on three stars sadly. Boo Hiss!

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                                I've been adding stuff everywhere and still on three stars sadly. Boo Hiss!
                                You on max 10 villagers?
                                That, and stuff lying around makes a big difference, I’ve found.

Comment

Working...
                                X