No announcement yet.

Outrun 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't explain your gaming ineptitude though does it camps... what the hell were you drifting for in the first stage, rookie?

Comment

Jibber, when the hell are you going to get a headset?

You do know you can set the voice of the other players to come out of the tele speakers? Was fun slagging you off for using the F40 all the time knowing you couldn't hear us

Comment

OK, I've passed this on and we're having a look at it.

Bear in mind that the game relys on everyone having a good connection (in particular the host, the first player in the game). So if anyone is playing with 150Kb broadband and is hosting, you'll see quite a lot lag...

Thanks for the reports so far though

---
        Sol
        ---

Comment

Something is going on headset wise, I thought you were all not using the headset!? I think I've set something in the Dash to the effect that I am an Xbox n00b, or nob, not sure.

Comment

Jibber - in your faster car you were really good in the easy stages ... all went pear shaped for you though when the corners started to come thick and fast ... guess the f40 is too much power for your skills

Comment

dunno if you can turn the headset off altogether (where it doesn't even show up), you can set it so that the sound comes out of the tv speakers rather than the headset but that wasn't even showing for you last night

Comment

That could well be the problem right there and one we may just have to live with. What you're saying is that one person on a bad connection can upset the apple cart for everyone else.

Perhaps there are a few little extra optimisations that can be made to ease things along though. For a start it would be useful to see which players are running on a slow or sub par connection.

Comment

I have to admit that actually my housemate took over on alternate races, thats why you actually saw me for a while camps...it wasn't me. But yeah TWICE I cocked it up like a n00b3r on the last freaking corner. The floor took quite a beating on that one to the distress of my housemates. (I tend to punch the floor in frustration, since its the least likely thing to break nearby)

Comment

LoL

was great to race some real competition though. I can only see it getting more intense as time goes on. The F40 seems to be the car of choice for the expert, it tops the leaderboards on the net rankings for the arcade version.

Hope you have carpet Jib and not Laminate...

Comment

Originally posted by RLench
                      I was expecting a response like that
                      My ramblings last night were just general drunken idiot talk (hence the warning), if you felt that it was aimed directly at you I can assure you it wasn't, please don't take any offence.

Comment

Oh and how do you quit the Original OutRun game? There's probably instructions but I ignored them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisa
                          My ramblings last night were just general drunken idiot talk (hence the warning), if you felt that it was aimed directly at you I can assure you it wasn't, please don't take any offence.
                          Not at all. I know it wasn't aimed at me, or anyone in particular.

Comment

Thanks sol for making an effort solve this...it's good to see The game is amazing though and I absolutely love it so far, there's no two ways about that

I've experienced lag:

on various stages, and at various corners. It's at its worse during the opening stage though

it happens with 4 or more cars on screen. But it might happen with just 3, I don't know

Playing in 60Hz. Not tried it in 50 yet

I'm on 750k Blueyonder Telewest. I'm using a router but everything else connected to it was turned off at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Bradbury
                              Could a single player on a low bandwidth connection effect the experience for everyone in the group?
                              This *definitely* seems be to the case playing it via. SysLink on Xlink...

Pushing the number of players past 4 or 5 also seemed to introduce a lot of jumping around and ghosting regardless of everyone's connection.

Whether that's just an xlink issue I dunno - or really care as it's time to get dressed and go pick up the retail version!

See you on live anyway, lag or no lag! ( 'FreQstyle' if anyone fances some racing this afternoon... please?! )

Comment

Since we are talking about problems with the game...

I was in a multiplayer game on Wednesday evening and just finishing the Castle Wall section. As i drove through the bit of road that connects to Cloudy Highland suddenly loads of the graphics started to disapear and just went black. I thought and slowed down to a stand still and at that point a yellow 'blob' took over the screen much like it occasionally did when you finished a race on the online demo. I rebooted and its been perfect ever since, but it might be worth looking into anyway.

Other than that and the bemusing lack of an online scoreboard for Heart Attack mode everything about the game has been perfect for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X