No announcement yet.

Outrun 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went on Live with OutRun 2 recently heaps of lag though but came 2nd out of a race between 4 which ain't bad.

Comment

Played this again this week for the first time in about 6 months. I forgot what a fantastic game it is, totally brilliant in almost every way - the handling is just sublime. I still haven't unlocked everything and doing some of the harder challenges is really intense. I can't remember why I stopped playing it (I think it was to do with my Live experiences....) but I'm so glad I dusted it off again. Timeless classic IMO.

Comment

Yep - I stuck it on again because I had like 5 minutes to spare and loved it. Still got loads to do - It's one of those games you should never get rid of because there'll always come a point where you fancy a quick blast (so to speak).

Comment

The PAL packaging does state it's link up compatible but there are no options for it in the game. Has anyone managed to play via system link?

Also, it seems if you are going for a fastest time in arcade mode that you should always take the easiest route as there doesn't seem to be any point in taking the alternate routes.

Comment

It's all about the journey man.

The beautiful journey

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle
              The PAL packaging does state it's link up compatible but there are no options for it in the game. Has anyone managed to play via system link?
              It's definately there man, though I remember it being burried in the menu jungle.

I played the game online through XLink Kai using the system link, so I know it's there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                I played the game online through XLink Kai using the system link, so I know it's there.
                Still laggy like that ?

Comment

This is one of the few Xbox games I come back to regularly. After watching something in Media Centre I go to the games menu and fire it up.

Actually, come to think of it, it's the *only* Xbox game I keep coming back to. Truly a modern classic, and destined to go down as one of the great overlooked games.

Comment

Funny thing happened today (not that funny), but I was selling one of my Xbox's and noticed this game was still in the machine. So I used it to test everthing still worked. I was still sat there 90 minutes later power sliding like crazy.

Comment

Outrun 2 is one of those games I always pick out when I have nothing new on the go... A year on and I'm nowhere near bored of it! Follow it up with a go on Time Crisis 3 and Ikaruga and it's like my own personal arcade night!

Comment

Play.com have this gem for ?7.99 - surely now there is no reason for any x-box owner not to have this game?? And maybe get more players on live finally!

Comment

That's probably the greatest bargin of the century.

Comment

Absolute steal. If I didn't have it already.

Comment

yep, this really is an great game, I still play it regularly when I don't have much time and I want to play a quick game.... sometimes it happens I arrive an hour late for my appointment (damn you outrun ;-) ! ) It still looks fabulous and it plays just great. This is the only game that gives me about the same feeling I had when I played ScudRacer....
                              too bad it doesn't run so smoothly online, but I did had some great fun playing this via live, I'll have to check it out this weekend if it's still get's played via Live.

Comment

Working...
                              X