Outrun 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still play it!
    But I still play most of my games lol, still playing VF2.

Comment

I still play it, still not very good at it though.

Comment

Saw the Xbox Logitech wheel today - ?30 for pedals and vibration seems like a total bargain.

Anyone played OR2 with this yet?

Comment

Any links to that wheel, Richard?

If its a force feedback wheel then I may have to invest.

Comment

Here you go:

Explore Logitech's wide range of cutting-edge tech products. From high-performance peripherals to smart home solutions, discover the perfect tools to enhance your digital lifestyle. Visit Logitech for quality, innovation, and exceptional user experiences

Main criticism would be the lack of table clamps, but for ?30 with vibration it is hard to complain.

I would say though, the best peripheral for OutRun 2 has to be prog scan component or a component->rgb transcoder vga box, and this game is even more beautiful in 640x480.

I bought the x2vga recently, and recommend it highly:

although pal Xbox owners would need a chip to enable ntsc video (and therefore, prog scan).

Comment

I really like this, despite slagging it off because the demo was a bit light.

I apologise.

Comment

Is it worth completing stage 20 (the one with 30 tracks)? Does it unlock anything? I just played it but messed up at the last corner so that twat Wolf managed to beat me to the finish by about a second.
                Last edited by Testiclerossa; 07-03-2005, 16:21.

Comment

It unlocks the final reverse route iirc (not sure if i do) but it's worth doing anyway just because it's OR2 and it rocks too hard.

Comment

Thanks, mate. I might give it another go later tonight.

Comment

I played stage 20 again last night and managed to complete it this time. If I had failed I probably wouldn't have bothered trying again - 30 minutes is just too long for a single race. BTW, I don't remember seeing anything unlocked.

Comment

I'm still waiting for a patch to fix the scoreboards .

Comment

did anyone buy the jpn ver? Was it different in anywayz? did the offline scoreboards work?

Comment

I got a copy. Tbh the only differneces I noticed were some minor graphical ones. The girls in the challenges are different and the bonus stages seem a little different.

Taken from the Gamefaqs forum

Daytona Track
                            Daytona2 stuff was a little strange...

*Japanese version starts right in front of the pirate ship, US version starts farther back. NOTE: the arcade course starts in front of the pirate ship, so while this is more accurate, the US version allows you to see a bit more scenery.
                            **The link between course 1 & 2 is a tunnel in the japanese version, but the standard wide-open Outrun road in the US version.
                            ***The start of course 2 in the japanese version puts you right before the "Great Central Station" whereas the US version puts you MUCH farther back featuring about 10~15 extra seconds of track length including the "hairpin curve" sign you see before decending into the tunnel.
                            ****In course 2, after the brick underpass, the trees surrounding the clocktower are brighter in the japanese version and darker in the US version.
                            *****Course 3 (oval) in the japanese version seems to last a tad longer, and there's a spinning sign close to the goal that's not in the US version.

I don't see how the japanese can play the Daytona2 tracks on Xbox LIVE with anyone that DOESN'T have the japanese version, as the 2 track sets are very different.

*no alien
                            *no rollercoaster

Scud Race Track

Stage 1
                            Is it me or are you stared a little further back?
                            Pirate ship docked near the end of the stage on the right

Stage 2
                            in the "bunki" you notice all sorts of airplanes flying thru the air, and one of them lines up with the main road as you pass the checlpoint to begin the stage, and follows above

Many parked planes and of different colors

Some planes are parked inside the buildings now also

New plane added on the inside of the first sharp u-turn

stage 3
                            animated flames on the torches

stage 4
                            ramp is now useable after you cross the bridge entering the castle

Comment

Got this today (cheers Mr Miles), all I can say is wow, what a game! I had the demo but never really bothered with it. It makes you feel cool as **** as you drift around a corner with your bird waving her arms in the air. When I drifted too far, too fast and flipped my car I nearly jumped out of my chair.
                              Anyone play this on Live as I would love a race?

Comment

yep, it's a great game indeed, altough lately I very rarely see people online playing this game....

Comment

Working...
                                X