No announcement yet.

Outrun 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding the missions boring and they are not enhancing the experience at all for me - they just feel tacked on. Trying to give the game some artificial life and IMO arent well balanced.

On the other hand I am having great fun with time trial - I managed 4'24"006 for route A just now (even though it wont save my times or ghosts for me ), and am also having fun on the single stages.

I dont think I have enjoyed playing a game this much in ages - I turn my XBox on, setup time trial route A, or just regular arcade mode, set the music to life was a bore, and burn away. Its just pure fun. Fantastic.

Feel the need to complain a bit about the loading times though - they really get on my nerves. Maybe I am spoilt with my GC but I have recently been playing some more PS2/Xbox games and the loading is horrific in almost every one of them.
    Last edited by rjpageuk; 25-10-2004, 01:19.

Comment

Life was a Bore!? Man that tune sucks
      Gotta be Night Flight or Shiny World, man.

Comment

Originally posted by yashiro
        Life was a Bore!? Man that tune sucks
        Gotta be Night Flight or Shiny World, man.
        I'm amazed anyone liked the new tunes.

86s originals ans the Jaques remixes for me. This is Out Run you know, how you listen to anything but Splash Wave, Magical Sound Shower, and Passing Breeze!

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper
          wtf is going on? is there a shifty batch of games???
          Apparently there are issues with the game and Thomson drives, so I've been told anyway?

Comment

I took my third copy back today and exchanged it for a new one. Hope this one works better in my xbox as the last version was unplayable half the time.

Next step is to get Microsoft to replace my dvd drive with a new one, although I refuse to believe that my DVD drive is casuing all the problems, as ALL my other games work fine

Comment

Guitar remix of Risky Ride is where it's at

Comment

Quite often play with the sound totally off. Repetative racing is one thing, but repetative music is something I can do without. It's not just OR2, many other games I play have the same treatment, even GTA got boring aurally after a while, even though the chatshow guy cracked me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez
                  Quite often play with the sound totally off. Repetative racing is one thing, but repetative music is something I can do without.
                  Music on mute, engine sounds and SE through the speakers of your telly, Radio 1 through your sound system.

Actually makes the game playable again!

Comment

We played OutRun2 LAN at the recent Meet at Trevor's in Reading, and it was, well, ok. Using 10Meg hubs, it seemed to "lag" whenever there was a collision, which was a tad naff. We also tried out the 4Player Party Mode, and that was just the most evil set of tasks for a "party" I've ever seen. Not very open for t3h n00bs.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF
                      I took my third copy back today and exchanged it for a new one. Hope this one works better in my xbox as the last version was unplayable half the time.

Next step is to get Microsoft to replace my dvd drive with a new one, although I refuse to believe that my DVD drive is casuing all the problems, as ALL my other games work fine
                      It might well be, some DVD's need a better laser calibration than others, depending on what format the Data has been pressed in.

Comment

doesn't matter now, I have a new crystal xbox with Samsung DVD drive,time to unlock everything again

Comment

Help!

Can any top Live players give me some tips for getting below 2.46 on the Daytona USA 2 TT? I'm stuck on 2.47.3xx at the moment.

My Stage 3 time was pretty poor but even if at my best I would be still be just above 2.47! Please help! Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by rjay63
                            Can any top Live players give me some tips for getting below 2.46 on the Daytona USA 2 TT? I'm stuck on 2.47.3xx at the moment.

My Stage 3 time was pretty poor but even if at my best I would be still be just above 2.47! Please help! Thanks in advance!
                            Hey you think those times are bad? You should see mines.
                            Last edited by g34r~guy; 25-10-2004, 21:09.

Comment

Is it me or is this much better online now?
                              I was playing online in a room of 8 yesterday and the game was definately much better than it was last week, I don't get horrendous slowdown that much anymore and the cars aint warping around the track.

Sol, dunno what you guys at sumo have done, but ta very much!
                              If you was a pop star at a concert I would throw my underpants at you.
                              Last edited by XE-1; 26-10-2004, 06:25.

Comment

I'm having trouble on the very last proper mission. The Max Speed one. I can't get above a C ranking with a pro car or a D ranking with an Intermediate car.

What the hell am I meant to do?

Comment

Working...
                                X