No announcement yet.

Outrun 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick - I used the first car and took the first corner wide and started drifting before the start line, then start to drift very early (before the sun shine on the track) for the next left hander. Go over the hill and you should already be on B rating by about 2 hearts. Take the next left very early again and see if you can chain the right over the hill into the previous drift.

You should be able to chain the next left as well - then it's up to the chicane where you have to see if you can nick the final few hearts - easier on the last bend.

Good luck - took me about a full hour to finally nail it.

Jimbob

Comment

OK since we're in advice mode can anyone give me some pointers for level 3.4 Drift.

I'm going insane on this one. I can AA it every time, but can't seem to find the 10 or so hearts I need to AAA it.

Comment

Has anyone read the IGN review yet? Pretty decent if not exactly wall to wall praise, but Doug Perry says something quite interesting.

"And if you REALLY love Sega's racing games, you can unlock both the original Outrun and Daytona USA. Yes, they're packed in here."

"OutRun2 is an excellent buy. Plus, for $39.99 and the inclusion of the original OutRun AND Daytona USA, you can't go wrong."

I assume he just means the Daytona bonus track.... right?

Comment

I assume he means the Daytona 2 bonus track or he's gone mad.

No-one seems to know what you get for all AAAs though?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Bradbury
            OK since we're in advice mode can anyone give me some pointers for level 3.4 Drift.

I'm going insane on this one. I can AA it every time, but can't seem to find the 10 or so hearts I need to AAA it.
            Just done it (took me about 15 trials). Try the Testarossa. The key is to start drifting as soon as possible in the second corner (the right hand) and to keep your speed up so you can combine the last 3 corners.

Comment

Just repicked this up and have to say this copy is appaling

So many loading problems its untrue. have to take it back and exchnge it for a new copy on Monday now.

I know Sumo can't be held responsible for bad copies but this is the third copy I have had and its has to go back to. Did they not do any proper testing with thompson equipped xbox's

Comment

Thompson equipped Xbox's are a waste of time.

Comment

So? I was wondering how to get a high score on arcade mode. I know you get points for overtaking and drifting.

But do the rest of the points come from time left on clock or time set on timer? I would hope its done by timer or surely you could get a higher score by setting the game to easy.

Edit:
                  Well set to easy I double my points, so it seems the point system works on time left on clock.

Also it just me or is there no point in going the hard way in arcade mode?

It seems if I go the hard route my scored is almost half that of the easy route, I am only doing the hard way 20secs or so slower then the easy way. The score doesn?t compensate for the difficulty of the routed taken.

It seems to me that the only worthwhile way to compete is online time trials?
                  Last edited by Jakeway; 23-10-2004, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Bradbury
                    No-one seems to know what you get for all AAAs though?
                    We know; we just don't want to spoil it

Comment

Originally posted by Kron
                      Thompson equipped Xbox's are a waste of time.
                      Not when they are less than a year old though, this is the only game that has given me any problems at all.

Still Love it though

Comment

Originally posted by Edd Hewett
                        We know; we just don't want to spoil it
                        Without spoilers, then: is it worth the pain of those last few AAAs?

Comment

Look a few pages back i posted what the last 5 cards were and the pw to access all cards and no its not worth the effort.

Comment

Cheers Hodge. I saw that post, but wasn't sure if you were holding back on revealing special goodies.

Comment

Is anyone else having issues with the graphics?

Having played over 33 hours and on level 17 of the Mission mode I am encountering the same bug each time I load the game.

Basically the background to any track appears bright and the trackside detail in the distance is all dull brown as if foggy.

That's the best way I can explain this. I have had ZERO issues with the game until this happened. It's now happening after every few games and stays until I reboot.

Anyone else having this?
                              Because of it, I now no longer wish to play the game for fear of it's return...

Comment

Try clearing the xboxs cache, it might be some currupt files causing it. Just put in 3 different games then put outrun2 back in and that should clear the cache. See if that eliminates the problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X