No announcement yet.

Forza Motorsport 2023 (Xbox, PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wait between rounds on the Forza multi-player is 15 minutes as well. The practice period is the qualifying period, you have to do a qualifying lap during that, so there's no practice, qualifying and race periods.

It would be nice if there were just publically creatable multiplayer races too, so ranked and unranked. Maybe that's coming later, I haven't looked. The way the ranking works is fairly well thought through though, if you drive badly and constantly bash others, you'll be racing with others who do the same.
    Last edited by MartyG; 12-10-2023, 09:26.

Comment

I love a racing game, so I've been looking forward to this for ages. I've played about 3 or 4 hours of the career mode and it's... well... it's dull.

These games are often a drag at the start due to the slower cars, but I find myself completely zoning out here.

I'm pleased to see the silly cards system is gone, and being able to select your grid position is a nice risk/reward idea, but overall it's lacking a bit of character. The AI is pretty poor at times as well.

It doesn't seem like there's nearly as much variety to the single player mode as Forza 7, but my biggest gripe is the lack of original tracks. The early Forza's had some great tracks but they've gradually removed them over the years and added one new one a game. I've flicked through the track list and unless I've missed something, they haven't even added a new one this time.

They seem to have gone for a full on, serious track racing game with this, and despite its flaws, Gran Turismo is just better at that because the cars feel more realistic to drive.

Comment

I've not played a modern serious racer online in ages, forgot about all the waiting just to get bashed off the track in the first 2 bends

1st match with other newbies in the first introduction match where you are given a some sort of Honda GT which is fast and sticks to the track like glue. 11 mins to race start when i went in, choose to go qualify rather than practice like the game suggested, got 4th by the 3rd lap then sat in the pit for 7 minutes. Race starts, get rammed hard twice over the first 2 bends back to 10th, managed to get back to 4th by the 7th and final lap, not without 2 players coming off the racing line to bash me... thankfully i came off the better but the gap was 10 seconds between 4th and 3rd (9 secs with penalties for the 3rd player).

Unlikely to go back it outside of private matches, just to much time wasting, i want in and done as of the 12 racers only 5 posted qualifying so it shows most don't care, let me roll a dice for position.
        Last edited by Tobal; 15-10-2023, 18:10.

Comment

The fixed-featured races are far better for competitive multi-player as it eliminates the class-stretching and other car mod issues, they just need the ad-hoc open multi-player lobbies along with it.

I think people are not posting qualifying laps half the time because they still don't realise they need to decide to do it, rather than practice (and those that don't bother to get left well behind at the start). I don't want to race in competitive MP with those folk as they're the ones that are going to bash you off the tracks at the first corner in a dice-roll positioning.

Comment

On the series X you can choose ray tracing with variable frame rate. It drops hard in places I am mostly driving from bonnet cam which is silky smooth.

The triggers are way better than in previous games for knowing when the wheels are about to spin up.

Obviously being amazing at driving games, it's all far too easy on the settings I chose

So far, it's good to be back in Forza Motorsport

Comment

Having a mild mare on the PC version, benchmarks breeze through on ultra/auto @ 1440p, but the pre race cinematics are glitchy as hell, and the in game graphics a bit potato and performance total arse. May try an uninstall biut mega unimpressed thus far. PC master race and all that pfft.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                Having a mild mare on the PC version, benchmarks breeze through on ultra/auto @ 1440p, but the pre race cinematics are glitchy as hell, and the in game graphics a bit potato and performance total arse. May try an uninstall biut mega unimpressed thus far. PC master race and all that pfft.
                May be unrelated but I had a mare getting Motorsport 7 running right on my PC. No such issues with Horizon 4, that ran like butter.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  May be unrelated but I had a mare getting Motorsport 7 running right on my PC. No such issues with Horizon 4, that ran like butter.
                  Same I've got the latest horizon installed now and that runs and looks like a dream!

Comment

Working...
                  X