No announcement yet.

Psyvariar 2: The Will To Fabricate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My other copy has arrived today as well (shipped on the 24th Feb)
    Although looking on the postdate, it looks like it left Hong Kong on the 28th Feb...

Anyway, i managed to break the 1000 barrier a few times on stage 0 and 1. Still pretty pants at the game, since i suffer from "stupid death syndrome"

Comment

Mine did arrive!

Now I'm finally going to play 8)

Comment

I have to say I really love the Soundtrack in this game.
        It's very retro in the sense that it has a lot of presence.
        Proper melodies. Stuff that's earcatching.

Not like the usual "sit in the background" music of today's games.
        I've made mp3s of the soundtrack. I'll send it to anyone that wants it.
        31mb

Comment

Sorry.

But I really must stop playing this game.

It's turned me into a total BUM! I smell worse than usual and I now have a big beard. Nothing's being done. I can't even remember the last time I cleaned my teeth.

Tomorrow I'm tidying my room for the central heating d00ds and having a shave. My spare PC monitor is gonna sit upright again when I get in.

Comment

Well, it's finally here - shipped by PA on 24th, postmarked 28th Feb

No matter, I can get practicing now - I'm here to take all you guinea's money...

Comment

Mine has arrived also, wont be playing until later today as I have to work, I will treat the playing of the game as my reward

Comment

got some catching up to do..... boys

Comment

Got this yesterday, having not played the first one I had no idea what I was doing but it must have been good cos I was playing for hours with a big silly grin on my face I can see this being a good test for tipping my new LCD tv on its side, 32" vga gorgeousnous

Comment

Gotta say I'm finding it tough, as shoot em up's go in the traditional sense its not that difficult. But I simply can't find the buzz, I've reached an average buzz level for each stage and I'm getting little in the way of improvement.

So for now I'm working on completing the first 5 stages on one credit getting a high cumulative score then working back improving where I can on every stage. As it is I can't finish higher than level 330 - 350, yet according to the Jap website I'm a couple of hundred levels out? I just can't find it yet?

Comment

"push it"

Make sure you're rolling. Chase the bullets.
                      Let the enemies fire at you first, then kill them.

Comment

Does anyone have/know of any Area 0 vids floating about yet? Could do with learning from a master.

This should have come with a DVD a la the first game :/

Comment

I can get a 'loop' going on Earth's boss now!!!

From the start through the attacks and back round I can keep the bar under control, I have a feeling the 1st and 2nd bosses are not about looping the Neutrino bar through the attacks as you would on a boss like Revision's Volcano boss for example - I think on Psyvariar 2's 2nd boss you only have 1 really good opportunity to get right in there (right at the end)

But Earth's boss is more like it!

End the stage/start the boss with the Neutrino at 70%

1. You have to have the bar about ready to max by the time this attack ends (90% and above)

2. Then you buzz this massive shot at it's origin (nearly 1000 buzz!)

3. Get round to the right in the middle of the 2 gun turrets on the right wing.

4. The lasers now fire, buzz the right side and when you level up fly through and buzz the left side:

5. Now use this central laser to build the Neutrino back up to the start position:

Then repeat the whole thing again........and get pwn3d by the 2nd form I'm sorry but this shot pattern:

Is just FILTH!

Comment

This looks so sick it has made me want a Dreamcast even more, but after checking out the Videogames Q&A threads for info on playing JPN games on a PAL system I got the fear.

Guess I shall have to pray for a Cube release...do you think I am playing myself?

Comment

It's easy man - just get yourself a DC-X disk and an RGB SCART cable and you're in business.

http://www.videogameimports.com/ will have both.

Comment

Yep. I'm playing this on an unmodded PAL DC with the DC-X bootdisc.

Comment

Working...
                                X