No announcement yet.

Psyvariar 2: The Will To Fabricate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venom man - what's your technique for the blue spiral shot for stage 1 boss?

Stage 2 is digital heroin!

I'm getting up to 1650buzz by the time I get to the boss now and it's all down to how you can control the enemies within the stage and keep them on screen longer.

You know these 4 enemies?

They can be controlled so that they stay onscreen and keep firing even as next attack sequences start! The basic is to be low down the screen when they come in so that they stop and aim around the middle of the screen, when they fire off their initial stream of shots level through them and take out the 2 orange orbs that always appear at this point.

The 4 enemies follow a behavior rather than a path, when you levelled through them they will start to drift backwards - they drift in the opoosite direction you are to them and constantly fire. So if you work out a route so that you start them off low, quickly take out the orbs, can get back round so you can keep them onscreen longer and be ready for the next attack you'll get loads of buzz cos you'll have 4 extra lines of blue shots through every attack in the stage.

You can set this up nicely using the method described - with the 4 extra lines of blue shots slowly drifting upward all the way through this bit you can sit above the middle enemy after it's first attack and keep buzzing. You'll have a path of green shots you'll be inside, with the blue shots left over from before still drifting upwards + the next attack coming in!
    Last edited by Saurian; 20-05-2004, 11:03.

Comment

If you watch the video for stage 1, the guy only levels up 3 times when he buzzes the origin right? Which means hes damaging the boss too much before it can initiate the second pink winding attack. Youve probably noticed the guy in the vid moving away from the origin just before he levels up. I do something different from what he does. If you stay right above the origin, you can level up without getting hit and without damaging the boss. As you dash in, move slightly above the origin and just sit and buzz for 2 level ups. After the second level up , the boss should initiate his pink winding attack. At this point, move into the origin. You can just sit there and level up twice to destroy him or you can move to the position just above the origin before levelling up to ensure you get the most buzz. If you choose the latter, you can level up twice during the pink winding attack and still have time to move out of the screen to adjust your gauge to 95% for his next attack. I usually move to the top left corner. With this method, i can get over 5000 buzz , no probs. Also , with the bosses vulcan attack ie his second blue and pink as you move towards the origin , your gauge will fill up more. As much as 60%! Use this attack to your advantage. Your gauge should ideally be at 70% before the boss. What if its close to zero? Buzz his second attack close range and youll be fine. On the other hand , if your gauge is at 20-30% you can buzz the second attack at far range so that your gauge wont increase so much.

Comment

Few things about Graviton's boss:

Attack 1

It cant see you if you're to the side of the shot origin - you can sneak round the back of the boss and not be damaged but it can actually see you there, so the blind areas are only at the side.

Blue Spiral

This bit isnt hard to do but I absolutely cannot get the Neutrino bar back up high enough to repeat the setup. From 85% I stay below the origin and buzz, not rushing into the center like Tiantian advises and then on level-up I delay a bit before retreating to the blind spot on the bottom left. But my Neutrino is only at 40% by the time it finishes and I'm screwed for the next bit. The blind spot on the bottom left is not 100% safe, you are safe if you retreat to avoid the attack as it ends (not entirely sure which lane hits you, but as long as you retreat "late" you make it)

Green spiral

Hee hee hee - there's a 110% GUARANTEED blind spot at the bottom right of the screen!

64 way Blue

Another absolutely safe blind spot in the bottom right hand corner! 8)

RGB Spiral

I absolutely CANNOT orbit the boss inside the red lane - not getting enough Neutrino to keep it going. The way I can do this bit consistantly is from 90% Neutrino as suggested: The first attack this boss does when it changes form only stops on the 2nd lap of this red, green and blue sprial. So join the orbit on the 2nd lap when the first attack finishes and loop round between the red and blue lanes you can keep a safe orbit and get a level up.

You have the largest gap in between the red and blue lanes, the other lanes are surgical precision.

Safe for those stage 1 tactics Venom man - I was training up hard on stage 1 yesterday but still messy on the boss! Cant wait to get that boss right!!!
        Last edited by Saurian; 20-05-2004, 11:04.

Comment

Yeah, the bosses are tough to work out at first. I was playing stage 0 for like 4 hours trying to finding new strategies and to beat my previous scores. I think ive got them both down pat as far as buzz is concerned. I can consistently get to level 53-55 with 1500+ buzz on stage 0. Should be able to get 1600 soon. At the end of stage 1, im really close to changing form. Im usually at level 110-116. I need to get more buzz from the blue orbs.

Comment

I finally managed to survive GLUON last night!!! I died during the run but I'm not finding it difficult anymore - you HAVE to learn the final sections! OMFG! They go on and on for ages and you just orbit the boss getting insane levels. They arent that difficult to do once you learn them - the execution is simple.

Found out how to get in and out of sickest sections and tbh it's not a difficult boss! (once you get used to it)

1. Arc shots

Circle the boss here - those arcs will be aimed at you so as long as you keep orbiting fairly close they all miss.

2. Smoke

Start in the middle of the screen below the boss (close enough so you can level into it quickly, but not so close that dodging is difficult) so that you can get into the middle lane of shots and make left and right movements to follow it's path. No need to adjust the gauge, just dodge until you level up and do *one* lap around the boss and get back into the same lane and position you left. Now get back into the rhythm of dodging left and right and a couple seconds later you level up again and can do another lap and so on.
            The boss also fires a slow blue laser at you, this will track you so be careful when entering/exiting the orbit.

3. Arc shot with extra circular attack

This is the hardest part of the whole boss imo, I stay low and use basic dodging, there is a way to set up a blind spot at the bottom left according to the Tiantian site but I cant get it to work >_<

4. Splash

STRAIGHT AFTER the attack above use hard rolling to quickly get above the boss 1 character space between you and in line horizontally with it. Spin on the spot and catch the attack as it happens, how you move now determines the Neutrino position for the next attack which must be above 80% for it to be good. I circle round the boss following the arms of the shot pattern at close range then adjust the bar as the attack ends.

Give it a couple seconds to kick in fully then level-up into it and keep a close circular orbit - dont damage the boss by contacting it with your shield or buzzing the origin. Just like in Psyvariar Revision "Rotate" still exists and is a slight auto-assist in the craft's movement, if you orbit in the same direction as the shots the craft locks into their path for a smoother circle. When the shot pattern starts to turn green it's on the way out - there are 3 green pulses that I count before starting to exit. If you stay horizontally in line with the boss and above it when you exit it wont hit you. It looks crazy but it works every time for me!
            To set up for the next attack your Neutrino needs to be above 40% for safety.

6. Winder

Sit you craft at the right of the screen and spin on the spot with your hitpoint in line with the top of the boss (so that you sit just above the boss' position at the side of the screen) - the lines are far too quick to dodge so learn this pre-emptive position. If your gauge is above 40% at setup as I described you will level up before you are crushed by the lines as soon as you do get in and tightly orbit the boss.

7. 8-Way heat coil

Stay back and buzz so that you adjust your Neutrino to be about to max for the next attack. For extra buzz you can level-up into the red rings and stay inside one till you level-up again, then change position - as so on... but it's harder to adjust the Neutrino position this way, if you pull it off the buzz will be silly!

Same as before - your bar should be about to max when this attack starts, get it there, orbit and exit using the exact same technique - no need to adjust Neutrino.

9. Blue ring rush

Safest place to be at the start of this is at the bottom of the screen, the boss fires those blue rings straight down from it's position so position yourself so that they buzz past youat first and when you level get in there and orbit. This attack goes on for ages and you are in no risk of death - it looks so ****ing sick!

10. Pinwheel

Your bar need to be about to max as this attack happens. It seems to do a folding motion when it starts so you should be able to use that for a brief bit of safety if your bar isnt high enough. Again you just level into it and orbit till it stops - it goes on for ages, it's proper hypnotic!

That's all of it!

All it does now is repeat:

11 8WAY heating coil
            12 WTF
            13 High-speed blue ring rush
            14 Pinwheel
            15 8WAY heating coil
            16 WTF
            17 High-speed blue ring rush
            18 Pinwheel
            19 8WAY heating coil

I'm gonna do a perfect run on this boss - [neo]I can feel it![/neo]
            Last edited by Saurian; 21-05-2004, 11:19.

Comment

Got a new strat. for boss 2. When he starts to go crazy in his second form, level up and go straight into him. From here you should rotate your ship around the origin making sure that you dont damage the boss. You can level up twice before retreating. When he does the same attack for the second time, just buzz the origin till he dies.

Comment

.... wha.. wha... ... whoa.........
                Last edited by Trojan X; 21-05-2004, 11:40.

Comment

Trust me on this!8)

Comment

Blatant! Thanks for these guides man, I'm gonna be rinsing this game on sunday.

(Trojan you NEED to start playing it, it's like the Vf of shoot emp ups! \(^_^)/ )

Comment

GLUON Video link here:

競馬予想Mastersでは競馬予想サイトを管理人が実際に利用し結果をまとめています。その上で稼げるサイト、精度の高い予想を提供しているサイトを優良、稼げないサイト、精度の低い予想を提供しているサイトを悪徳と分類しています。

Fullest respect to the player! BRAVO!

Comment

Looks easy. maybe.

Comment

The download is going slow for me, but it's possible to get 70000 buzz in Psyvariar 2?

Comment

Full respect yes, but how many short bombs does he use in that movie? I counted at least five. This has also reminded me I need to get this game.

Comment

Wow, just saw the vid. A work of art. It has reminded me to get the game too, but where the hell is the PS2 version? :/

Comment

Just seen this on Play-Asia.

Psyvariar 2: Extend Edition for XboxPsyvariar 2: The Will to fabricate is a 2D shooting port from Success famous Naomi based arcade shooter. This time you control the battle MDS (Medium Drive Suits) to battle the enemies, the popular Buzz system will return to this game, you will gain experience and new power as your level increases, and your level of power will retain even if your machine is destroyed.The Xbox™ version will have Xbox Live™ support for the Internet Ranking.

Buh? What the hell is this? And where is the PS2 version? Damn PAL Xbox...

Comment

Working...
                                X