No announcement yet.

Psyvariar 2: The Will To Fabricate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which screen type are people playing this on?

There doesn't seem to be a happy medium on the "normal - ie not tate" settings. It either got borders top and bottom or overscans the image by a fair bit.

Other than my distinct lack of skill thats the only problem i'm having so far.

Comment

i use tate 1, im that addicted to shmups i keep a tv on its side it did overscan but i just adjusted the tv picture.

Comment

I been on this non-stop all weekend >_<

It's so beautiful! My head was blowing up over it when I first got started, totally pwn3d by the music and atmosphere - the first time I saw the dramatic boss encounters I nearly died X_X

I thought it would take a while to get used to the mech, but after a couple of goes I was completely safe with the hitpoint and buzz range, I prefer buzz type mech "Five Asthetics" love the massive speed boost it gets to make buzz chaining totally sick! - so I went on for a few hours trying to learn a stage 1 routine, realising I had totally missed the new system!

It's totally sick! Stages are now split into easy, normal and hard depending on your level by the time you hit a checkpoint - certain conditions must be met to attain the sickest buzz, this is what I'm loving most about this so far; in Revision you can treat destruction as an afterthought, it's icing on the cake and not vital to progression. Now the types of enemies attacked and how plays a part in the amount of buzz you can cane off a stage.

When I first started I had no idea that to an extent you DO have control of the Neutrino gauge rate - the very first section is so well laid out that 100% destruction, level 38, evolution and over 1150 buzz is perfectly attainable on just that one short section! It's that enemy mech! When you fire upon this mid-boss type enemy it's aura changes from red to orange to green to pale green, you need to get it down to pale green as quick as you can and buzz the hell out of it - you'll go from level 11 to level 38 in a matter of seconds evolve the mech and rank up to hard mode.
        Other enemies also affect the Neutrino bar - if you have a bank of orange enemies and blue enemies for example; destroying the orange ones but leaving the blues will increase the Neutrino rate so you can buzz and level even more.

This game instantly rewards you for good play - if you push hard enough you'll rank up to hard mode which gives you masses more buzz to rack up! If you dont push you get easy or normal mode and dont get offered as much buzz and your level for the next stage will be lower (for example finish stage 1 normal = lv60ish, Hard =lv85ish), even the bosses follow this formula now, it's not so much about survival as much as rinsing every last bit of buzz you possibly can - the bosses are weaker and more vunerable than last time you you have to dive in and out very quickly or you'll kill them - and (as per last time) use exact timing of the level-up bar you cane the sections with the most shots.

I'm obsessed again - no replay mode makes things a little harder but you can still repeatedly train on a stage if you switch continue on, stage
        2-Hard for example I just get there and repeat the stage over and over and just die on the boss, you continue back from the start of the stage so you can memorise it. Once I have all the stages learnt I'm going for 1 credit runs - I totally hit a wall on Psyvariar Revision but this time it's pwn3d!

Now to find the soundtrack CD!

Comment

How safe is it to turn your TV on its side ? and how would I go about doing it in the safest way. I'm tired of lying sideways on the floor

Comment

Level 85 on the first level?!?

Roll on the PS2 version. With added roll button. [prays]

Comment

That roll button totally screws up your style - I'm so glad they took it out and ashamed that I used it before, it makes you lazy Without the roll button your craft moves like a moth on ecstasy! If a pothead like me can do it - anyone can!

Comment

My left thumb has already taken enough punishment without any frenzied waggling. Just having to do the left-right motion is enough pain, which is why I prefer to use the sticks if possible (the only real exception being the loose DC d-pad).

Comment

Saurian, as ever man you are some shump freak. How in the name of all things holy are you pulling of an 85 on level 1. I'm having difficulty getting above 50ish.

any chance of you uploading a video of your sick skills

J

Comment

Thanks a lot man - I'm going to try and capture a stage 0 run tonight.

I note where the level should be at intervals and break the stage up into sections to learn them.

Comment

1st go = 3271100, Lv.75, Area2 - Shooting Mech. Died as soon as I got to the scorpion-thing boss.

I'm f**king ****e with the Buzz mech.

Noticed on my 2nd go that the 1st batch of enemies on area2 were leaving trails of green for me to scrape against, unlike my first go, due to the lvl changes.

Do you turn invincible when you roll? (waggle stick) Also, when I watched you play Psy1 Saur, you were rotating around the bosses buzzing up to f**k - how do you do that?

Noticed that obtaining 100% destruction is much more valuable than going for the buzz (if you're a buzz n00b like me anyhow).

When I get in tonight it's gonna be 4hrs guitar then 3 hrs Psy.

Comment

Do you turn invincible when you roll? (waggle stick) Also, when I watched you play Psy1 Saur, you were rotating around the bosses buzzing up to f**k - how do you do that?
                        Nope - you just increase the rate of buzz (5 Asthetics gets a speed boost on level up + spinning = insane speed), you are invincible only when you level up.

That boss orbit technique is used a lot in Psy 1 but I've noticed the whole approach to boss fighting in Ps2 is different and havent seen the opportunity to do it yet. The method is easy, you just leave the bar maxed out so one more touch will level you up, fly right up close to the boss - the boss fires a massive circular attack which levels you up on contact, cos the attack is so dense you keep the shield going as you orbit.

Comment

Sound.

I'll give this some real play tonight.

This stomps over Ikaruga in terms of creativity and freedom - just what I like in a shooter.

I noticed my bar changing colours like wildfire - is that coz I'm killing different enemies instead of batches of the same colour or what?

Comment

When I first started I had no idea that to an extent you DO have control of the Neutrino gauge rate - the very first section is so well laid out that 100% destruction, level 38, evolution and over 1150 buzz is perfectly attainable on just that one short section! It's that enemy mech! When you fire upon this mid-boss type enemy it's aura changes from red to orange to green to pale green, you need to get it down to pale green as quick as you can and buzz the hell out of it - you'll go from level 11 to level 38 in a matter of seconds evolve the mech and rank up to hard mode.
                            Yeah thats right. You do have control over that gauge. Shooting that mid boss until your neutrino gauge becomes green maximizes your level up rate. This means that youll be able to buzz the hell out of that guy and level up quickly.

Comment

Comment

When it goes blue all hell breaks loose!

All an enemy has to do is look at you funny and you level up!

Comment

Working...
                                X