No announcement yet.

Ninja Gaiden / Ninja Gaiden Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was shaping up to be one of the best games of this generation for me, I was loving every minute. I learned how to fight and block properly, sussed out some nice combos and finishes, then - THUD!
    IMPOSSIBLE (and indeed metaphorical) BRICK WALL OF UBERDIFFICULTY!!

I must have gotten about 70-80% through the game after looking at the walkthoughs on Gamefaqs when the difficulty level suddenly ramped to near vertical and I gave up - games are meant to be fun dammit!

Comment

I'm getting annoyed with some of the jumping bits - the camera made the warehouse jumping-moving-platforms bit a NIGHTMARE.

Still, tanks down and now the helicopter again. Sadly, I need to do the tanks again - I used too many elixirs and now the chopper is nailing me.

Oh, and I also just got a 51-hit combo on the Vigoorian soldiers coming out of the tanks. Awesome to watch, and as you pass the 50 point, the number fills the whole screen . Basically, I'm still enjoying it... where did the difficulty ramp for your, SuperBrother?

Comment

After you fight Doku and go back to the Vigoorian city, those black ninjas are replaced by weird pirate looking things which can throw and do unblockable fireballs as well as being fast, a group of three of these ended up being harder than most of the bosses and they are everywhere.

Good luck with the chopper, I had to try that bit about 10 times.

Comment

Not quite ten. I think. Maybe ten. Just about did it with only one ninpo and one normal elixir. After lots of AP arrows, I finished it (the time I managed to pwn it) with explosive arrows.

However, I then died a lot against the comms tower rocket launcher bastards. No-one said the chopper was only two thirds of the way through the level! What kind of wack boss is that?

Anyhow, I'm one scarab off Dabilharo (grr) and have now hit the aqueduct. Damn. Those zombies got an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleface
            However, I then died a lot against the comms tower rocket launcher bastards.
            Easy way to do this bit, don't kill all of the guys on your side of the chasm just leave the one white one alive then the rocket launcher guys on the tower don't spawn leaving you with the easy task of picking off the white bits on the tower whilst taking small damage of the last guy.

Comment

ANy tips on how to get the scarab in the warehouse? Just spent an hour jumping around the platforms, but can't get across the scarab train. The gap seems too wide.

I'm going through periods of thinking this is the greatest game ever, then periods of wanting to pour lighter fluid on it and burn it. I hate beating 15 minutes of enemies only be beaten by a boss in 2 seconds then having to do it all gain. Life's too short.

Comment

Well I think you can jump from train to train, but an easier way is to do a wall run up the side of the train with the scarab on it, at the peak of your run do a jump and press Y to do a slashing attack - the forward motion of the attack should land you on top.

edit: Hold on, are you talking about actually getting the scarab? Or just getting to the other side of the warehouse?

Comment

getting the scarab. I read that technique on G'faqs abd still can't do it.

Comment

Sorry if this sounds patronising, but are you doing a wall run up the carriage, or a wall run across the carriage? You need to run directly at the carriage i.e. with Ryu directly facing the side of the carriage you want to run up.

Comment

That probably the most annoying scarab in the whole game. I too spent half an hour trying to get it but gave up after that to see what was up ahead and decided to leave it till later but no, the game doesn't allow to come back after you go through those shutters.

Comment

As i always find with games, had a break, came back and got it. The tanks and chopper just fell as well

Comment

Without trawling through 21 pages of this thread has anyone mentioned those

f**king ghost fish things in the outdoor Labyrinth ??

One latches on for a nibble and the other little gits swarm in.

If there's enough of them they can strip your health straight down to nothing

They have to be the most singularly annoying enemy since.... well, ever, in fact

Comment

Yes they are a bit of a pain but they are also a great supply of essence

Comment

how do u beat the level one boss ?!? the dude with the nunchucks !! i cant seem to get any hits on him and his energy bar is huge ....

any tips or hints appreciated

Comment

Beating the Level One boss is best acheieved by using the walls - climb or run and slam down (hard attack). Otherwise, just keep moving and don't do more than a 2-3 combo on him or he'll tw4t you...

If it makes you feel better he's as hard as any boss in the game really - with the possibly exception of Alma - and even she isn't so punishing at close range...

Ghost Fish - Nunchucks are the best weapons - just keep 'X'ing and they will be splatted - if one does get a hold then X will fling it off too - so 'X' is your friend.
                                You can use the Flails but they do 'trick' attacks which leave you exposed so I stick with the Nunchucks myself...

The Ghost Fish are really a replacement for bats as a 'Ninja Cashpoint' in fact - if you don't like/master them then you're really going to hate 'The Core'

JP

p.s. I finished NG on Normal last night and - erm - I'm buzzed AND I'm glad it's over - in that order

Comment

Working...
                                X