Ninja Gaiden / Ninja Gaiden Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watusi
    Just picked this up to play on my 360. Lovin it so far. Great game (even if I'm a just trying to keep my sanity and playin on ninja dog) !!

Edited

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
      Edited
      too true, it ain't no walk in the park even on ninja dog!

Comment

The DOA4 trailer unlocks once you play for a bit I think.
        I'm on Chapter 9 now on Hard, damn dish tower w/ the rocket snipers,...
        Feels good to have got past Alma tho.

Comment

I finished it on normal yesterday, and got all the scarabs for the arcade game disc, such a great game. My ranking came in somewhere in the 1900s. I forgot how annoying the ghost fish were though!

Comment

Ghost fish way annoying, doing Black on hard on chapter 10 now.
            Right before the duel worms mini boss.
            I got seriously freaked on 9 when I thought I was not going to beat the satalite tower. But I did so Im fine now.

Comment

I'm also on chapter 9 again, forgot the new stuff didn't appear on normal, but I'll just beat it and then start on hard again. Too bad the FMV runs like **** on the 360. Otherwise it looks lush on my new Bravia screen, it can easily compete with and even surpasses some 360 games in terms of graphics .

I really love this game, never understood all the criticism it received. After a bit the camera really isn't a problem anymore, and the difficulty is only a good thing in my opinion. Bring on NG2 I say.

Comment

It is a great game i just cannot pin point what makes it so frustrating though.

The hardest parts in devil may cry 3 or god of war the parts that i really struggled with never got me as frustrated as in ninja gaiden

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerous#
                  Ghost fish way annoying,
                  Dont get me started, seriously they're the most annoying things I've ever dealt with in any game.

Comment

I usually deal w/ em by equiping the art off inferno and then running through the ghost fish areas. This nippo sucks em into their death and lets you escape while it is equiped.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerous#
                      I usually deal w/ em by equiping the art off inferno and then running through the ghost fish areas. This nippo sucks em into their death and lets you escape while it is equiped.
                      Yep,thats easily the most efficient way to deal with them.But i use the flails as well.

Comment

Jumping back and forth pressing X in the air with the dragon sword works too, I actually used to farm the fish for essence that way . The flails are not 100% safe, you can still get hit that way.

Comment

I completed NG Black on hard mode and didn't think it was too difficult for the most part. Using the right weapon at the right time and doing guard braking knockdown combos helps alot against normal enemies. There are plenty of opportunities to farm masses of essence especially if you use UT's against the really slow lumbering enemies. A few of the bosses are really brutal though.

I have to say though the game wasn't really that much fun to play and I really hate the platforming and the camera.
                          Last edited by Shoju; 26-06-2006, 21:00.

Comment

Made a start to Black last night after failing to klick with it on my first go a few months ago. Loving it now so far.

One question: I recently saw a post (may have been in this thread) that stated that the UK versions were altered to take out decapitations (and maybe the blood). Something to do with it being the same region as the German version?

Anyway, my Xbox Classic UK version bought from Asda has blood and I took one ninjas head off last night. When I originally read this I thought i'd sell mine and get a US version. Now I'm not so sure.

Is the UK version different from the Japan/US one?

Comment

Originally posted by Bib
                              Made a start to Black last night after failing to klick with it on my first go a few months ago. Loving it now so far.

One question: I recently saw a post (may have been in this thread) that stated that the UK versions were altered to take out decapitations (and maybe the blood). Something to do with it being the same region as the German version?

Anyway, my Xbox Classic UK version bought from Asda has blood and I took one ninjas head off last night. When I originally read this I thought i'd sell mine and get a US version. Now I'm not so sure.

Is the UK version different from the Japan/US one?
                              It was the original version of the game that was censored for the EU. Black is not censored.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE
                                It was the original version of the game that was censored for the EU. Black is not censored.
                                Excellent. Thanks for that.

Think I'll get me a US copy of the original

Comment

Working...
                                X