katamari damashii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Max M
    This game has convinced me to finally mod my PS2.
    Me too. I NEED to own this game!

Comment

Originally posted by mats_j
      Originally posted by PeteJ
      It means Danger! If you are too small and a rat comes up to you, you'll be warned.
      Yes I get that, but sometimes the warning seems to relate to a specific item...

By the way --- do the presents (except camera of course) affect the gameplay in any way?
      I think the warning about a specific item means either that it can be collected (you've gained sufficient size) or that you aren't big enough to yet but have tried. Either way, I don't think it's vital in any way.

Collecting stuff? I doubt we'll know unless someone with a good knowledge of the lanuage does a complete FAQ. I would guess collecting all the items unlocks something (that's Namco's MO, after all, as it it Capcom's), but seeing as there's so much to get, it might take even a dedicated player a long time to find out...

Sorry I couldn't be more specific

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
        Sorry I couldn't be more specific
        No worries. I guess we all have to learn japanese ...

I've unlocked a "free play" mode for level 4 now. It's sweet. No time limit, just cruising around...

Comment

My face on the last level =

Utterly brilliant, in every way imaginable.

Comment

How on Earth did you unlock freeplay?

I've got 100% on quite a few of the item types now, and also a few of the areas. On the Tree trophey room, each size of tree is at over 80% collected, which ain't so bad

I've started to collect people that look like the main character also, though I've only found 3 I think they only started appearing after I cleared the game. I've already unlocked all the multiplayer characters (and got the second ending) so I'm not quite sure what they do...

Comment

Someone please tell me Namco have changed their minds and decided to grace the US and Europe with this game...

Comment

I'm really liking this, took me a few days before I figured out how to turn the ball, I was going in a line the whole time without being able to steer the ball or see where I was going.

The ball physics are great, I love the way it rolls at an angle when you start picking up long things. Looking forward to being able to run over cats

Presentation = totally mad

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                  How on Earth did you unlock freeplay?
                  I have no idea, sorry... But I played that level quite a few times...

Anyway, now I get to choose if I want normal or freeplay mode when I select the level.

Comment

Finished it at the weekend, man this game is one big rolling ball of fun. Most fun game on the PS2?

The final level is a fantastic revelation, because it's not obvious that it's the final level until you break out of all the boundaries and everything sticks
                    Not to mention the credits sequence

The soundtrack is completely different to anything I've heard in a game in a really good way - it turns it into a chillout game because I feel like it's telling me to relax and just roll around the place 8)

Comment

Someone has to use one of these as an avatar (I would, but I love mine and can't part with it). Feel free: i'll even host it. Just LMK if you decide to use one of them

Comment

i'd like to use the second one if possible please.

Comment

NP

Comment

I promised myself I wouldnt buy this.

However, for some reason this and a Sakura JPN ps2 has ended up in my basket at play asia.. help!!

Comment

Nope! You've made a wise choice. I think Namco also made a wise choice releasing this at a budget price - hopefully, its popularity will mean a sequel.

I agree with the earlier statement that it's the most fun game on the PS2, possibly follwed by (an NTSC copy of) RRV. Good old Namcot, eh?It's genius-in-a-can and totally addictive. Two thumbs!

Comment

Got this today and have been absolutely blown away by the genius. Just played the last level (300m) and time ran out when I was THREE METRES FROM TARGET GAAAAH. But the whole level was such a rush; I haven't felt woozy after playing a game for a long time.

The level design is genius. Just the fact that there is only only one world; just each time you see a little bit more since your ball is bigger; the execution is superb.

Definitely the most original game I've played so far this year. Like a combination between Super Monkey Ball and Rampage.

Is the two player mode any cop?

Comment

Working...
                                X