X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteJ
    A few questions though...
    What does the bracelet do?
    It's a power bracelet, like in Oracle Of Ages/Seasons - allows you to pick up heavy items (although you'll still usually need at least two or more Links to do it) and comes in two flavours.... sorry, strengths.

What happens at the end of a level? 4 squares come onto the screen and you are still given control over link. Are you suposed to just choose one of the squares and hope you get a bonus?
    Nope, they're just teleporters - if you were playing with friends, you'd all have to stand on one before the level ends. Because you're playing alone though, just putting one Link on one teleporter sends all four onwards.

I tried the Navi thing and wasn't impressed.
    You, sir, are a loon. But then, we always knew that.

Comment

Bitch

Stuck on 2.2 now I'm sure I've read of others getting stuck here...maybe it's the dreaded language barrier bit? I sure as hell don't know what I'm meant to be doing anyway.

I've reached
      Originally posted by spoiler
      A guy with an eye patch, who is inside a building with loads of people waiting outside. He says 4, but other than that I do not know what he is on about. I've tried giving him stuff but that doesn't work...

Comment

Not much need for Japanese in 2-2 Pete. Just a bit of thinking. Great level though.
        He says to talk to 4 people, maybe it's the fortune guys, I don't know. After you do that go back and talk to him again. He'll give you three possible responses and choosing the option furthest to the right will get you a shovel. You should be ok from there.
        Just got there as well Marklar.

The tower was fantastic, loved the mix between platforming and classic Zelda. Definitely up there among my favourite levels and damn was that boss excellent. A nice suprise when you finished it.

Comment

Okay my copy just arrived today, at last, from PlayAsia. In a box so it didn't get crushed

Had a quick play before "24" was on... so as I gather it, it's pretty much like 4 Swords GBA which I have played a fair bit. Controls on Cube pad...?

B - sword (hold to charge, direction + B to leap attack)
          A - action, use secondary item, confirm
          L - change formation
          D pad - pick a Link to use
          R - pick up, roll

I haven't used a GBA yet, so how does using the D pad and the control stick (to move where you'd be using the D pad instead) translate onto the GBA structure btw? Or in other words, how do you pick the individual Link you wish to use on a GBA in 1 player mode?

I was just trying some stuff out and got to the first "puzzle". Erm it might sound silly, but how do you do it? You have to get the key behind the brown stone thingies so you can unlock the house door. Tried pushing, pushing, swiping, throwing someone over... solution here? My brain must be off cos I never got stuck doing stuff on any Zelda usually
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Just finished 2.2, can't say I'm enjoying the second world as much as the first. Too much faffing imo, can see it getting a bit irritating in muliplayer.

Comment

Mayhem - you need to find an item that'll help you...

Just played through the first level - loads of fun; I love putting the Links into formations (particularly when there's a ruck about to happen).

Hopefully get to play a bit more over the weekend

Comment

Is it under the water? Cos I looked everywhere I could go (not very far now) and didn't spot anything...

Comment

It's not underwater. Try a cave

Comment

Hmmm the only cave I recall had a stone in front of it that you can't pick up... maybe I'd better have another go and look...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                      Okay my copy just arrived today, at last, from PlayAsia. In a box so it didn't get crushed
                      Gah. I hope they sent mine in a box...

Cheers for the control details, btw, Mayhem: I've cut and pasted it into a file containing all the other little nuggets of info from this thread. It's building up into a decent sized manual.

Comment

My copy turned up today. What can I say? This is an utterly superb game, just so much fun.

Me and the other half played through all of level 1, then had a bash at Navi's trackers. Hyrule Adventure looks and sounds fantastic, the 3D effects blend perfectly with the LTTP 2D visuals.

There are quite a few changes from the version I played at ECTS, the on-screen gba being the main one. Its great the way the game notices you are waiting for someone on the gba, and decides to show their gba screen. This lets everyone else tell them (well, shout them) where to go.

The ECTS version didn't have hardly any 3D effects, there are quite a few now. The first boss fight was very different from what I remember, but the method of dispatching him was the same. The muffled in-gba sounds are new too I think. One small grumble is the bizarre substitution of the classic rupee design present in the ECTS version for a triangle shape, odd.

It was clear from a two player game of Hyrule Adventure that four players with gbas is the best way to enjoy the game. I'm going to have to try and resist caning the rest of it in single player. I don't want to be accused of rupee theft preparation.

I really enjoyed Navi's Trackers, but the other half wasn't very impressed. There is a lot more to that game I need to figure out, but it was great for a quick blast.

Seems that Playasia economy boxed is the way to go, mine turned up minty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                          Or in other words, how do you pick the individual Link you wish to use on a GBA in 1 player mode?
                          Push select on the GBA.

I'd recommend only using the GBA, much more of a complete situation with it IMO. Enchance's the experience tenfold.

One of my favourite bits so far was the end of World 1 and involved a bomb...

I was looking around for ages trying to work this particular problem out. There was a hole that couldn't be crossed, a vital switch just below it. Solution was to drop a bomb in the GBA version through the hole, that fell onto the TV screen and turned the switch on, making a path on the GBA so I could progress.
                          The fight with the 50+ opponents at the same time, end of level 1, was breath taking too.
                          Genius game.

Comment

[quote="bowser123"]
                            I was looking around for ages trying to work this particular problem out. There was a hole that couldn't be crossed, a vital switch just below it. Solution was to drop a bomb in the GBA version through the hole, that fell onto the TV screen and turned the switch on, making a path on the GBA so I could progress.
                            ???

I'm on world 5-2 and I don't remember that bit... though I was playing the first two worlds in multiplayer, so maybe someone else did it for me and I didn't notice. Might have to go back and do it again.

Comment

He's on about the castle section, I remember that bit although the missus used a catapult to hit the switch (IIRC).

Completed it last night...

Surprise, surprise... Ganon up to no good...
                              ...has some spectactular graphics (for 2D ) at the end. Awesome game, glad I imported it. I think I'll try Trackers some more, mainly 'cos I was thinking about it and it has lots of childish game elements, like treasure hunting and stuff... thinks I used to do as a kid. Oddly compelling, even though the missus doesn't think so...

On completion...

...the remaining Shadow Battle arenas open up.

Comment

Wow, I got this yesterday and am amazed at just how good it is.
                                After romping home a few wins on Navi Trackers (Which kicks major league ass imo) I set about the Hyrule adventure. Me and my mate banged through the first world no worries. The boss was amazing.
                                Lots of comical Chuckle Brothers "To me, to you " Impressions and he was a gonna. But level 2-2 has got me stumped. Firstly thanks to those whom I Pm'd. PeteJ, mart, the commander. Some very usefull tips.
                                Anyone else got anything usefull to tell me that would be great.
                                Im not sure where to start. I have got the stone of the old guy that lets me swap between worlds, now what.

Cheers Guys
                                James

Comment

Working...
                                X