No announcement yet.

Pikmin 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which I did last night. Bit of a long battle (30 mins or so) but did it in the end. Whoever said you could take the tap out with one attack of hyper-pikkies was having a laugh, took 2-3 goes there and that was full on 20+ attacking it.

Just got 3 creatures left to fill in on my roster: #22, #29 and the yellow candypop. Where's the nearest cave for me to use one to fill that in? I also presume one of the two I'm missing is the beetle creature that produces poison, because I don't recall killing one. I can remember where a couple are, but any suggestion on the closest one to find appreciated. Which still leaves one gap after that...
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I completed it last night with every item. As frustrating as the game could get, it's rewarding at the same time. Flawless game though in my eyes, very addicting. After I got all the items I went to the Challange mode for more!!! Right now I've got a perfect score on half of em'

Comment

I'm glad you finally completed it, it took me a while to suss out how to beat the boss and I was very impressed with it.

In regards to the creatures - #22 is indeed the poison beetle but I can't remember exactly where you'd find one. #29 is the martite (the annoying mites that are often found when you break open nectar eggs) and are easy to find. As for the yellow candypop I'm missing that myself and have no recollection of ever seeing one in the game. If you come across one do let me know.

Comment

Poison beetle for example turns up on level 9 of Dream Den. So I guess I could go in there with a group of 25 whites and hope for the best. I recall seeing them a few other times, but no other location for it springs to mind.

As for the martite, how do you kill them properly? As soon as pikmin go near them, they go into a complete tizzy (well after breaking open the egg at least).

If I find a yellow candypop in my travels, I'll let you know. I know I've seen one maybe two about...

Comment

According to my piklopedia I've killed 2 martites but I can't remember how it's done.

Maybe the Pikmin need to be juiced up or maybe the martites need to be frozen? Failing that try splitting your party into 2 groups, break the eggs with one group and throw pikmin onto the martites from a safe distance using the second group. Or maybe only a certain colour pikmin can kill them. Unfortunately there are no tips about how to attack them in the piklopedia but I'll have a play round later and see if I can suss it.

Comment

Seems to be just whistle the pikkers and try throwing them on. Just need to find them again, shouldn't be hard.

Yellow candypop - level 3 Gluttons' Kitchen if you want it

Comment

Cheers for that Mayhem, I'll throw a few in when I get the chance to complete my piklopedia.

Here's something for you to try: put 20 pikmin of each colour in your group (make sure all 100 are 'active' and in your party), zoom in to the closest view and turn the volume up on your telly... those who've played the original will feel right at home.

Comment

SWEET, my series 2 pikmin puzzle card-e cards came today in the post. Finally some new e-reader pikmin goodness.

Gonna give them the full test this weekend.

Comment

So what do the e-Reader cards do btw? If it's something reasonable, might track them down myself and a Japanese copy of the game cheaply...

Comment

Well once you have your gba with the e-reader linked up to you gamecube and your copy of pikmin 2 running you can choose whic of the 3 puzzle games you want to play and it downloads a application to the gba that allows you to use the pikmin puzzle e-cards.

Each card has 3 levels to play on it.

there are 3 different puzzle games you can play when you scan in the cards.

The red packs have Hikkonuki Pikmin levels on them. The object of the game is to pull all the pikmin from the ground without any of them dying. Around the levels are elemental tiles that only certain pikmin can land on without dying.

The yellow packs have Tekuteku Pikmin levels on them. The object of the game is to get your pikmin to the rubber duck without any of them dying. There are certain squares thet each type of pikmin can stand on. This game is pretty hard as you control all the pikmin at once so you have to use the boulders in the levels to rearrange your pikmin into set orders so you can get over the tiles.

The blue packs have Tsunagete Pikmin leves on them, The object of the game is to get all your pikmin to the onion by arranging the tiles to make paths for them to the ship. This is made harder by the fact that you can only use each tile piece once so you have to plan carefully plus there is the usual elemantal tiles that only certain pikmin can cross and there are also wondering enemies that can eat your pikmin as well.

The sounds are minimal but there are some nice pikmin sound effects, also the graphics are quite nice considering they only use the small data strip on the e-cards.

They are a worthy purchase if you happen to own all the bits of hardware needed to get the things working. Also another note is they are very easy to get a full set of as well because the cards are fixed in each pack meaning if you get one of each pack you will have a full set. None of this pokemon random/rare card crap.

Play aisia still have the 1st series of pikmin e-cards in stock. The 2nd series of cards were a right pain to track down. I eventually found someone off ebay who i bought from before that agreed to get me the full 6 packs from the 2nd set.

Oh and if you want to look at the 1st series of pikmin cards i scanned the 1st series & put them on my website

I'll be scanning in series 2 sometime this weekend.

Comment

Any idea why series 2 isn't at PlayAsia?

Comment

I emailed them originally and they said that there suppliers didnt offer it to them, If you really want the 2nd series i can give you the email of the guy i got them from. They cost just under ?20 for all 6 packs from series 2 and that was including postage by EMS to me.

Comment

Hmm curious. Anyhow I'll have a think on it!

Comment

If I can crash the party Mayhem I'd go halves on the postage from importaku's guy if you could order a complete set for me too if you do decide to get them.

Comment

The first Pikmin is one of my favourite games. I enjoyed every single aspect of it, including the time limit which didn't make the game really that hard, in my opinion. I managed to gather all the ship parts, including the extra ones, within 27 days.

In early 2007 if I recall correctly, I bought Pikmin 2 but I didn't start it right away as there were some other games on my waiting list and I was waiting for the right time to play it.

The right time was a few weeks ago, but honestly, I am not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed the first one. Personally, I think it doesn't make sense that a sequel like Pikmin 2, has so many tutorials and guides. The beginning of the game is quite boring because of that.
                                Moreover, I also don't approve the dungeon-style caves which totally destroyed the game. One of the great things about the first one is the outdoors action, which in the second game is very little. The caves are too similar to each others.
                                Finally, the game is excessively easy, mostly because there is no time limit as in the first one.

Pikmin 2 is a great game, but not as good as the first one.

Comment

Working...
                                X