No announcement yet.

Winning Eleven 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wearing the sceptic pants on this one. People gushed about WE7, sure it was good, but after more and a brief game, the offsides, hand balls, and insane keepers got noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
      I'm wearing the sceptic pants on this one. People gushed about WE7, sure it was good, but after more and a brief game, the offsides, hand balls, and insane keepers got noticed.
      Amazin quote. Just been to Evo-web.co.uk n seen pic of Henry with longs socks. His character model really does look amazing, apparently new animations for Becks, and "lolipop king" Ronaldo etc e.g. Ronaldo passes with outside of boot like in Euro 2004 championships I really can't wait for this game

Comment

Originally posted by Razz
        Not too long after PES4 hits europe.

Maybe january?
        Cheers man

I quite literally just got WE7I this week, but if WE8 is as good as it's being built up to be I may not be able to wait for the International version

Comment

More extensive impressions here:

Thanks to Blackhammer for the link.

Im quite literally wetting myself in anticipation now.

Comment

Well thats just unfair isn't, I'm trying ard to be a sceptic bastard, then I read that and it sound 100% the real freaking deal. It has some factual errors in there, and no mention of offsides.

But I seriously can't wait.

Comment

When I read about the free kicks I felt like wetting myself...alas I'm an adult and don't do such things, at least not til I'm 65.

Very impressed, and shame on me I haven't even pre-ordered yet.

Comment

Not long now fellas.

Thank goodness for TNT shipping eh?

Comment

have you checked the screens over at evo web of the player stats? Now I'm not normally that bothered about things like player likenesses etc but Beckham's face looks mint.

Comment

Read more about WE8 now and for anyone that can't read Katakana is gonna be very dissapointed at this news. All officially licensed teams have to have there original Japanese names for players, no way of changing them and according to some people not even if u were to patch it, i think this is the same example as the Japanese international team of WE7 and WE7:I, my advice is learn Katakana n it will save u alot of time editing and mucking around with player names.

I know how this feels cus i could not read Katakana when i owned WE6FE. Yes i can read Japanese and no i don't patch my WE games Roll on Aug 5th this game will be the best football game eva
                    Last edited by JU!; 31-07-2004, 20:24.

Comment

JU, you are mistaken. You can change the player names (in fact, the proof is in some of the screenshots floating around), but not the team names. So, in fact, all you have to do is memorise the flags for all the licensed teams (or the ones you want to use). Which isn't quite as bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
                        Not long now fellas.

Thank goodness for TNT shipping eh?
                        I was really stupid and opted for the bog standard shipping when I placed my order.
                        Do you reckon if I were to ask them (and pay them of course), play-asia would change my shipping method to TNT?

What a muppet I am.

Comment

If you change the shipping method you will get a big nice tax bill. So don't bother

Comment

I've changed shipping with Play-Asia with no problems.

Comment

Just pre-ordered it. Gone for standard shipping since i really really cant afford the extra expense.
                              Looking forward to it .

Comment

Revised I still havent changed my shipping, and probably wont now actually. Out of interest how much was the quote for TNT shipping on your order?

I'm skint so will stick with regular shipping I think. Even if it will take just under 2 years to arrive.

Comment

Working...
                                X