No announcement yet.

Games that sum up the console.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's not unique. It's possible to have the same, excellent games via the PS2 version, but because not everyone has a headset, finding a decent game is a bit more difficult. Some of the maps have been reworked slightly, although not imo for the better.

But you're right, he probably would say that .

Comment

PS2:

FFXI - only console to have an MMORPG
      GT4 - This isn't out but who cares, when it comes to simulation racers the PS2 is a must have for this.
      Winning Eleven series - The only footy game which can be enjoyed by ANYONE, whether you're into the real game or not.

Fanboy mode: While all the consoles have their fair share of games and unique ability to draw in a certain group of gamers, the PS2, just like the PSone, by genre is superior to the competition. I hope I don't seem like I'm trolling but this is my opinion, which I believe to be the truth.

However.

I'm shocked that people rate Skies of Arcadia. Perhaps its mentioned solely because it has virtually no competition on the DC? I don't know, I preferred Grandia 2, less flaws, none of that randomness that people slate JP RPGs for but ignore it's existence and presence in SOA, better battle system/story, etc.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Razz
        Fanboy mode: While all the consoles have their fair share of games and unique ability to draw in a certain group of gamers, the PS2, just like the PSone, by genre is superior to the competition. I hope I don't seem like I'm trolling but this is my opinion, which I believe to be the truth.
        Fair points on the games you mentioned (even though one isn't even out yet), but the PS2 doesn't dominate all genres. Best FPS? Best Side Scrolling Fighter? Best Futuristic Racer? Best Western RPG? Best Party game? etc...(You can see where I'm going with this ).

I'm shocked that people rate Skies of Arcadia. Perhaps its mentioned solely because it has virtually no competition on the DC? I don't know, I preferred Grandia 2, less flaws, none of that randomness that people slate JP RPGs for but ignore it's existence and presence in SOA, better battle system/story, etc.
        But Grandia 2, whilst nice, is generic city. Young boy's village is destroyed, seal over evil broken, turns out he has a secret past, etc, etc. Plus there are just as many random battles as usual.

SOA on the otherhand benefits from a great story and wonderful (if almost completely nicked from laupta) setting.

Comment

Grandia 2's battle system is overrated too. Every fight winds up being the same and the vast range of techniques are sadly almost useless. Regardless of how innovative the concept is (which I admit, is a fair bit), it feels almost no different to any other RPG.

Grandia 2's storyline is also generic and linear as ****. I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but in Skies I could just spend hours wrapped up in the universe and feel some real emotion from the characters and their stories.

Comment

Skie of arcadia, was slow as hell, and the speal attacks were not a patch on Grandia's. The characters were generally weak and not as much fun to play. The random battle were a pain in the ass! I felt the game dragged....... And the ship battles were very unfair!

Comment

Originally posted by 112
              The characters were generally weak
              <----- Aika says 'Up Yours!'

Comment

oops......... my bad! well if she wasnt so masculine in her attitude then i could feel sorry for her having to play second string to wannabe pirate vyse! lol!

Comment

Masculine in her attitude??? She may be a bit of tomboy on the surface, but she's all woman underneath.

Comment

Working...
                  X