Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising (PC): 8/10
    Athens 2004 (PS2): 7/10
    MTV Music Generator 3 (Xbox): 7/10
    NHL Eastside Hockey Manager (PC): 6/10
    City Of Heroes (PC): 8/10
    Phantasy Star Online Episode III (GC): 5/10
    Ground Control II (PC): 5/10
    Steel Empire (GBA): 5/10

A more positive review for Shellshock...my interest has perked up a bit.

No Mashed review?

Nope. And I'd tell you why, but then I'd have to run you over repeatedly in my small, pink car while the camera obscured my view and made it impossible for me to see what I was doing.

Comment

6/10 for Metal Slug? Damn!

Can anyone give me the gist of the review, seeing as I cant exactly buy a copy at the moment?

Comment

No, but I can give you the gist of the actual game. Many of sections are just rehashes of previous titles and the bosses are very forgettable (so much so that I forget what they're like).

Many are just non-descript plasma balls and the like. Not a patch on the MS3 bosses imo.

Comment

And the final boss is completely naff...

Comment

Is PS2 Kinnikuman the same as the GC version? Why did it only get a 6?

There's some good scores there though. What features are in the magazine this month? I might buy it this week (just to see if their "Driv3r sucks" review is better than Edge's "Driv3r sucks" review )

Comment

Originally posted by RLench
              Is PS2 Kinnikuman the same as the GC version? Why did it only get a 6?
              No, it's not the same - the visuals aren't as stylised (more realistic rather than cel-shaded), the loading times are awful and although there are twice as many characters to unlock, there's not actually much to do. No story mode means it's all just a case of playing basic matches and tournaments, with only a couple of modes offering anything different. Shame, as it's a solid game; but there's just not much point to it, so only really deserves a lower score.

For the record, I'm a wrestling fan and I loved the GC one... hence my slight disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by martTM
                For the record, I'm a wrestling fan and I loved the GC one... hence my slight disappointment.
                Indeed, you want to see what he wears at work. Pink lycra is so yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by martTM
                  No, it's not the same - the visuals aren't as stylised (more realistic rather than cel-shaded), the loading times are awful and although there are twice as many characters to unlock, there's not actually much to do. No story mode means it's all just a case of playing basic matches and tournaments, with only a couple of modes offering anything different. Shame, as it's a solid game; but there's just not much point to it, so only really deserves a lower score.

Thanks for the explanation It deserves the lower score then if so much has been changed (almost ruined) No need for me to buy the magazine now though (joke!)

Originally posted by Strider
                  Indeed, you want to see what he wears at work. Pink lycra is so yesterday...

Comment

Ground Control 2 just 5/10?

Erm, don't think so.

At least a 7/10 imo. The game has a few AI flaws but other than that it's great.

Comment

Read the review, npg.

Comment

Aw, although I was expecting it, for Eastside Hockey Manager to get a 6 is breaking my little heart What did the review say about it, other than the inevitable "BUT IT'S USING THE CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 3 ENGINE!!!"?

Comment

Has anyone elses issue managed to fall into about a zillion pieces yet? Got mine this morning ,read for about 15 mins and pages 3-18 fell out, and it looks like the rest might follow.

I'm a bit pissed cos i would've sent the piece of rubish back and asked for a new issue but i'm goin on holiday in a couple days and need somethin to read.

Surely its not so hard to put a magazine together properly

Comment

So, GamesTM then, any good? :P I've only ever bought one issue, and it seemed alright... from what I've heard it's like Edge but with its head slightly removed from the arse area. And enthusiasm for games put in.

Comment

Originally posted by electric_warrior
                              Has anyone elses issue managed to fall into about a zillion pieces yet? Got mine this morning ,read for about 15 mins and pages 3-18 fell out, and it looks like the rest might follow.
                              Think yourself lucky - I haven't got a copy yet and I write the bloody thing.

Seriously though, give subs a bell if you get the chance. Sounds a bit crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X