Cheapest Fighting Moves Evar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest Fighting Moves Evar

I?m talking about any 1 on 1 combat game.

I used to think that Fei-Yen from Virtua On had the cheapest move ever, with her heart beam in hyper mode taking a huge wad of life.

That was until I came up against Jin ChonShu in Real Bout 2 last night. My god that energy ball attack is simply the cheapest. OK so it's slow, but not only does it take off like 2/3 of your life it also recharges her life gauge!

What are your top cheap moves and more importantly how do you counter them?

Killer Instinct arcade - Eyedol
    46 1 - over and over and over until the time runs out XD

Primal Rage arcade - Sauron
    LRLRLR + 2 buttons, UDUDUD + 2 buttons....not even looking at the screen.....oh look! the end credits XD

Virtuafighter 1 arcade - Pai
    4 + P - over and over till the credits roll XD

Hyper SF2 Anniversary PS2 - World Warrior Guile
    Sonic Boom with medium + heavy punch.........

........UNBLOCKABLE! ROFL

Tap, sonic boom, taptaptap *daze* - jumping heavy punch, standing heavy, flashkick *daze* free hit = dead! Repeat - till nobody talks to you anymore

That's the thing about the cheapest of the cheap - you CANT get out of it! Gotta mention the DESTROY moves from the 1t Guilty Gear.....they were SO EASY to do and yet they take 2 rounds!!!! It's instant death, as much as I tried to play that game with manners there is no way you can dial out combos without sometimes accidently taking 2 rounds off someone!
    Last edited by Saurian; 28-07-2004, 10:40.

Comment

Gill! on SF3 third strike!

Oh my freakin word! he regenerates! multi-coloured freak!

Also that gimp at the end of KOF 95! RUGAL! Pfft..........

Last edited by 112; 28-07-2004, 11:15.

Comment

Goenitz from SVC Chaos.

The cheap scrub will use his projectile-like 'tornado' consistently to stop you getting anywhere near him.

/The dude from Rush Hour "Fight like a man!"

Oh, and how could I forget Gill from Third Strike, the cheap arse so and so...
        Last edited by Bleeders; 29-07-2004, 07:12.

Comment

Gotta mention the hundred hand slap in SF2 turbo. E honda can move whilst doing it for christ sake!

Comment

All SNK Bosses! They have so much priority in their moves its insane, of course Rugal gets an (dis)honourable mention here...but did anyone face the Samurai Showdown bosses Amakusa is a truly a bastard.

Back to singular moves (which cant really be countered) from Tekken
            Laws double somersault kick througout the whole series.

CvS1-Ryu, HK Sweep to Shin Shoryuken, Lights out, at least 70% damage :|

Turtles Tournament Fighter lol, i remember playing this as a kid, but its been so long that all i can remember of it, was a Boss Bitch who had a flying hundrad hand slap move which was really cheap and caught\stopped you doing anything.

Cant really think of anyother uncounterable moves...the thing i find is that initially when a new fighter comes out, someone will try and abuse a move\character all the time, but slowly you learn to expect a move in a certain situation and hopefully cain them I would of stopped playing cvs2 ages ago if i didnt figure out ways of stopping sagat,blanka,honda and vega laughable priorities in their normal moves.

But my vote also goes to Guiles World Warrior combo, once its started...KO.

Comment

E Honda's 100-Hand Slap on the megadrive version of SFII was pretty cheap; just activate and slide into your opponenent. Done.

Cloud in Ehrgeiz was pretty damn cheap, too. Once the sword was drawn, that's it.

Comment

fighters megamix on the Saturn had janet from virtua cop who could you a gun for fecks sake! This is obviously unblockable and totaly cheap!

The mario kart AI racers who no matter how hard you try, will never be any further than you back side! FFS!

Comment

The sweep kick on Mortal Kombat 2 - soooooo annoying. Especially when your opponent keeps doing it, then uppercuts as soon as you try to jump them. Bastards.

Comment

MK Sweep kick or flying kick

Comment

It's funny on games like Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct the most basic level scissor/paper/stone concept of beat em up gameplay is broken, WTF was up with their testers??? - games like this are fun for totally different reasons other than VS challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
                        Cloud in Ehrgeiz was pretty damn cheap, too. Once the sword was drawn, that's it.
                        yeah, you could either do that or Meteor your way through the game.

Comment

Gah, Krizalid from KoF99 is the gayest boss I've ever seen. He does that stupid kick/whirlwind thing, which always pwns you, and then if you try to fly-kick he does that counter all the time. Stupid :\

Comment

Devils fire/laser eye move in Tekken

Comment

Oly, do you remember the STO and Chokeslams in Wrestlemania 2000? You could assign them to weak grapple and pwn the opponent in a few minutes

Janet's gun isn't as bad as her mid kicks on hyper mode. constantly kick in the middle area and you can't do a thing. I call it "The Parade".

Comment

Working...
                              X