Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Game Shows thread - Video now posted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Game Shows thread - Video now posted.

Please post all info and opinions on ECTS and EGN here.

NTSC-uk will be at ECTS around midday on Friday, if you dont already have contact details and am interested in meeting us guys then PM me and Ill arrange a contact number for you to call on the day. Same goes for EGN.
    Last edited by NeilMcRae; 02-09-2004, 09:26. Reason: video subject

EGN are sending me text messages, great, I'm at work.

Comment

I just got back and I've got a load of video that I will post up shortly.

Outrun 2 looks the nuts

Comment

Kelly Brook to star in Need for Speed 2 Underground!

Neil.

Comment

Make sure you check out the Gizmondo stand - the hottest booth babes at the show!

Comment

I saw how burnout 3 works with EA. You sign into Live as normal and the it logs you into EAs online system, I suspect that if EA wanted to they could let PS-2 players play XBox players. Xbox version of this is clearly the better version imo.

Comment

Nintendos stand was closed because of some power problem so I didn't see any nintendo stuff.

The queue to "play" halo [for all of 5 miniutes] was 2 hours long

Hits of the show:

Outrun 2
              PES 4
              Burnout 3
              Fortenza
              Need for Speed Underground 2
              Prince of Persia 2
              Sims 2
              Star Wars: Battleground - managed to get some footage on this even though Activision booted me of their stand

Comment

Yay text messages at work...and a fine of ?1 every time my phone goes. Hurray!

Burnout 3, I need you now. Neil - which show did you attend (edit, nm, Gamestars).

I hope Halo2 is available in EGN as well as Gamestars - sod waiting for 2 hours to play it.
                Last edited by PeteJ; 01-09-2004, 12:23.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                  Yay text messages at work...and a fine of ?1 every time my phone goes. Hurray!
                  Simple answer - get all your workmates to keep hitting 'send' on blank messages to the twat that introduced that rule, until they either give in or you hit their hourly pay rate...

Yes. I am that evil.

edit - although, I'm inclined to remove any sympathy if you've not figured out where 'silent mode' is on your phone yet.

Comment

My phone is always on silent, but it still makes a noise when rumbling. The fine is a "team building" thing, apparently. ?1 fine for all sorts of things...

But anyway

Comment

Pete,
                      Its not.

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                        The fine is a "team building" thing, apparently. ?1 fine for all sorts of things...
                        You get 500 texts pretty cheap these days on most networks, don't you? A sharp ?500 charge to your boss in a single day should get the message through that he's (and the morons that come up with these "team-building" ideas are always male) being a complete c*nt.

Comment

Friendliest stand was EA, most unfriendly was Nintendo but they had technical issues so I suppose this was reasonable.

Comment

Friendliest stand
                            Friendliest Stand translates as "Stand with the biggest norks on" does it?

Comment

no they were happy to talk to me about alot of stuff going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X