Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controller or Steering wheel for Outrun 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Taurine]Something I've been wondering for a while. The Logitech force feedback GT Force and the newer version for GT4 are USB wheels I think. And the XBox controller ports are USB with a different shape connector. You can easily get converters to allow mice and keyboards to plug in to XBox controller ports. So does the GT Force or better yet the GT Force Pro work on the XBox? Has anyone tried it? I guess it just depends whether the wheels and consoles support some standard profile. I'm sure I read that you can use the GT Force on a PC without specific drivers...
    QUOTE]

it's a good point, however the xbox pads, although usb, aren't what are known as HID devices (hid devices just work when you plug them in), hence the reason people have made special drivers for xbox pads when using them on your pc.
    I've made a converter for my keyboard and mouse to be used on my xbox, but i'm sure they'd only work with programs/games that support them. i'll read up on this, as this could prove interesting if it was possible (gt force on xbox!)

as for the gt force working on pc, i had a thrustmaster force feedback usb wheel that would work on my ps2 even though it wasn't stated on the box, reason it works is because it's an HID device so gt3 can use it's drivers.

i guess, if someone was bothered enough, i don't see why it wouldn't be possible to wire a gt force to the button/wheel/pedal contact points of an xbox pad's or (better yet, although probably unnecessary) an xbox wheel's circuitry.

heck, i feel like doing it tbh, so we'll see what happens

btw, there's a thrustmaster ferrari dreamcast wheel at my local cex for about ?20 (after staff discount, ?25 normally) and i wouldn't mind hacking that

Comment

Have you tried the "Booster 2800" steering wheel? (no FF)
      It?s a very small, very cheap little wheel for the Xbox. (by small I mean about 20cm diameter)
      I don?t think it can be effectively used in simulator games, but may be just the right thing for arcade racers. (played Project Gotham Racing with it)
      Pedals and shifters are included (shifter do not "click").
      Price is around 25 ? new at Amazon.de (~ ?17).
      Last edited by Balou; 11-09-2004, 15:17.

Comment

interact make a force feedback all format wheel. look it up

Comment

check this out, it's by intec...
          the wireless racing wheel looks great!
          It's coming out early Oct. The (U.S) OXM buyers guide
          recommended it.

Comment

I dunno if outrun 2 is gonna be any different, But sterring wheels have a novalty value of like a day if its anything like my steering wheel it sees daylight only when i'm cleaning out my gaming **** and i might check if its working. Not even my little brother uses it and hes a die hard racing addict. I'd say if you have the money to go and splash out on novalty items then go for it, i'd personally buy another pair of trainers

Comment

The Intec wheels look pretty good but they don't support FF only vibration function. Ideally I'd like to see Thrustmaster or even Microsoft release an xbox version of their true FF wheels. But I don't hold out much hope.

FB

Comment

Working...
              X