No announcement yet.

Edge all over the world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Hell, where do you people look? Is there a LP to the videogame underbelly of Europe?

I have yet to find the thing in Spain, Portugal, France, Germany or Switzerland - and it wasn't for want of trying...

Instead of making this a stupid Edge bashing thread (which the search engine will provide you plenty of anyway), why not change the title to ... say ... "Gaming around the world"?

For me the coolest gaming moments have been in far-flung corners where you just wouldn't expect a thriving "gaming community" (ugh - ugly phrase).

So far:

+ SFII and KOF in a dusty little town in the Punjab, India.
    + Playing Counterstrike in Tripoli, Lebanon. It was the only thing that got me through the worst diahorea I had ever had....

Nowhere else have I seen the dedication I saw there, without all the moaning about how one is so cool because they answer every thread with how they hate a magazine. Put it in your sig and leave it ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by hankwangford
      Just over ?10.
      The ironic thing is, EDGE isnt sold for anything like that price in Japan. The patheticly high Japanese price on the cover is nothing more than a farce. In tower records its sold for under 1,000Y generally, and the same goes for the Chaos shop at Messe sanoh, Akihabara.

The Japanese price on the cover is just another sign of EDGE having their heads irremovably high up their own collective ass. Still like the mag, just not their attitude.

Comment

Here in Norway it's about ?7.

MoFo2

Comment

Don't anyone say Cacky or NyarthMaul's name five times...

Comment

We have it here but its imported and quite pricy. I buy the Australian version of gamesTM though, reasonably priced too.

Comment

Originally posted by samoht
              You can get it in New Zealand in a few places. Haven't been back in a while but I'm assuming its still being shipped in for dedicated readers (it was pretty expensive).
              You aint kidding, I used to get it every month when I was in NZ, cost a frikkin fortune. Worth it though, the NZ games mags were ass.

Comment

France (Lille)
                Where in Lille did you find it ? O_o I lived there for 22 years, and never saw one.

Comment

Seen in New York and Florida, Barcelona and Amsterdam, and London

Comment

Some Barnes and Noble, Waldenbooks, Tower Records here in California carry it though I think it is $12. UK magazines are generally well regarded over here. As they should be as our mags are nothing but ads. Tat like EGM, Gamepro, etc, can't hold a candle to most UK mags. The new US video Game Collector mag is better than Retro Gamer though.

Weirdest place to find games:
                    A bootleg NES collection for PSX in a toystore in Male on The Maldives.

footnote: Most UK agme mags are widely distributed in Sweden.

I did search Paris for the latest issue of Edge a few years ago and came up empty handed.
                    Last edited by essankay; 10-09-2004, 21:09.

Comment

don't know about Edge but I saw a copy of NGC mag in New York - about ?2 cheaper than in the UK despite being an import

It didn't have the free gift though

Comment

Originally posted by Polygon
                        Where in Lille did you find it ? O_o I lived there for 22 years, and never saw one.
                        The newsagent place near the Eurostar passport desk. Saw and bought it on my trip back to the UK. ^_^

Comment

you can get it in verona in italy , quite expensive though, 9 or10 Euros.

Comment

WH Smith in Paris stocks it, along with probably half a dozen other console mags, though I can't remember the price.

Comment

Working...
                            X