No announcement yet.

Game Companies Stocks/Shares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only perk that I can think of from being a shareholder in someone like Sega is getting a free annual report which always in Sega's case seems to have a nice big picture of Sonic on it. However you can always blag one from the company in question by phoning em up and telling them some rubbish about being interested in wanting to invest in their company.

Comment

There's no minmum amount - you could buy one share (plus broker fees).

You don't actually get a certificate in most circumstances. If you buy via an online broker they hold the stock for you. I guess you could get a paper certificate if you wanted one, although I suspect it would cost more than ?15 just for that :-)

Company reports are widely available. Most big companies will have an investor relations website or number that you can use to get hold of annual reports. Many companies also offer annual reports for download. There are sites like http://www.carolworld.com/ and www.ftannualreports.com that get you reports too.

Comment

Aye, you can get all the financial reports for all the companies in the FTSE 100 from the Financial Times website

Comment

"Aye, was going to say, isnt there a minimum amount that has to be "invested" ?"

Big investment banks usually only allow you to purchase in round lots.

Comment

If you want to pile in a couple of quid for fun then go for it but, no amount of people on this board could drive a price and also buying games companies because you like games isnt that wise, a bit like buying shares in the football club you support. If you really want to invest - and that is what share ownership is all about, read about what drives prices and what to look for. Shares over the medium term will nearly always out perform any other investment but you have to wait, in the mean time receiving your dividend. I have seen many people dash into buying shares to make some quick money and if you succeed you either know what you are doing or are very lucky, hang around and you will do well.

Comment

Working...
            X