No announcement yet.

The bad boxart gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batman loves those jammy doughnuts. He gives them 10 OUT OF 10.

Comment

He looks like he got smacked in the face by the HOLY FONT BARRAGE BATMAN

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
        WTF?

I'm not the only one that's seeing this, right?
        I always think the same, the e's are 50% to blame.

Comment

Square Enid are the kings of godawful covers (that isn't a final fantasy/dq)

Comment

I happen to think that Sleeping Dogs cover is pretty wicked.

And that 'Leela' game blatantly rips off Child of Eden's artwork style. That's the REAL videogame/meditation mashup anyway ;p

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
              Square Enid are the kings of godawful covers (that isn't a final fantasy/dq)

I actually think that's an excellent cover. The logos are small and discreet, and it's the classic protagonist faces around the title style of cover, with a series of kinetic scenes along the bottom.

Busy, bold and beautiful. More importantly, it's hand drawn art (at least it appears to be), rather than generic computer generated wank they put on covers these days.

I have no interest the game itself, but that cover is ****ing gorgeous from an artistic perspective. Would you have preferred the CG nonsense that was Kane and Lynch 2? Frankly I'm honestly baffled that anyone could dislike it. Dislike the game, fair enough, but what is wrong with the cover? (serious question)

Comment

You could possibly argue that it's too busy? Personally, I usually prefer something with one stand-out visual feature. The 'every character must be represented on the cover' approach strikes me as particularly American (that's a bad thing). For the reasons you pointed out, though, I think this one can get away with it.

Comment

Lolz

Comment

I lol'd, but also, don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Comment

Genius. Pure 100% win.

Comment

For once IGN are actually intentionally funny. Great stuff.

Comment

"NOSE"

BAHAHAHA

Comment

That is amazing.

"QUOTE AS F*CK"

Comment

In all seriousness, the Batman one (the real one) is awful. When you have consciously look for the game logo, you know there's too much going on in the cover!
                              Last edited by sj33; 24-04-2012, 22:27.

Comment

I think we missed that:

Comment

Working...
                                X