No announcement yet.

A question of time - DS roms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure someone is working on a way to use the GBA port on the DS as a way to play pirated DS games. The GBA "flash linker" carts work perfectly on the DS - much to my amazement.

Neil.

Comment

Plenty of dual-cpu emulators about, look at what MAME chugs out these days. I think Neil is barking up the right tree though - forget DS emulation per se and consider blank carts.

Comment

Originally posted by g-funk
        Wont it be hard to emulate the touch screen though?
        Use a mouse?

Comment

Its not pressure sensitive I don't think (cheapskates), so a mouse is no problem, is it? In fact, a mouse and keyboard combo might be more comfortable than actually using a DS properly. Who'd have thunk it?

Comment

Emulating a two screen, touch screen and the microphone input might be pushing the amatuer scene that little too much dotcha think?

Comment

On the PC? I don't see why. The two screen thing is no problem. Mouse for touchscreen. And if you've got a microphone plugged in errr, microphone for microphone!

Comment

in my day, programming was a touch more complicated than plugging in a microphone, and err'ing. We'll see I 'spose, I only used my GBA emu for about 5 minutes on launch, emulating a handheld seems a bit pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Inertia_
                  I'm sure if Nintendo are hit by a wave of piracy they'll just release a few new coloured units to make up the pennies.

But different coloured units are the best things ever! Just wish pearl white was one of the regular colours and not the FFTA special version

oh and mouse would be annoying to use as the touchscreen, click drag click drag click drag click drag.

Wont work half as well as the real thing really.
                  Last edited by df0notfound; 29-11-2004, 15:38.

Comment

pearl white is actually available in the US now, I think it's one of these editions that are only available at certain stores though, check ebay.

#Edit, just checked ebay and there are loads, some with Metroid Zero mission included.

Comment

DS Roms, well I always found GBA roms rather useful.

Download.

Play.

Good game = buy cart

Bad game = delete

But of course many others would skip the buy part.

Comment

I must admit I didnt think it roms would be availible that quick, are you sure its not just people naming the files with ds titles just to boast.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6
                          I must admit I didnt think it roms would be availible that quick, are you sure its not just people naming the files with ds titles just to boast.
                          Thats what im betting, like that Sonic DS demo rom that was floating round i'm told. Its just like that "DS Emulator" which is really just an incomplete gba emu

Comment

A work in progress Nintendo DS and GameBoy Advance emulator, developing quickly, with powerful debugging features and growing compatibility.

Comment

Some DS Wi-Fi hacking in the works too.

Comment

Thats *STILL* just a ****ty GBA emulator!

Comment

Working...
                                X